desktop audio delay problem different each time, each live

Kino045

Hi everyone, I'm new here, I come because I have a systematic offset problem with each new streaming on my Youtube channel, I have to change the "desktop audio" and "sync offset" value (-50 ms here for ex), during the live. (see picture below)

picture : https://zupimages.net/up/23/26/x54v.jpg

I streamed (privately) in order to solve the problem of sound lag with the image, and I succeeded without worries, I got the correct correction, no lag, no echo, no reverb it is very good. I am happy with the result.
when done i save the settings, i schedule a stream on my channel in a few days (public this time) no problem here, then i close OBS.

But the problem comes when the time comes for live (and every time, and all my previous ones too) and that despite the saved settings, there is a strong sound image shift, which I have to correct DURING the live, and the value is totally different EVERY TIME, really at each new live, I have to modify the "sync offset" value, and when I do another test on Youtube (in private) I still have to change this value... to have the correct correction.

AaronD

Cheap USB video capture cards will do that. I had 4 of them in the same rig for a while, one for each camera, and they were always out of sync with each other, by different amounts every time I turned it on. I ended up with a single 4-input internal card, which fixed all of that and a few other things too, but until then I just set it to a rough average and lived with the variation.

You say the problem is audio, but that may only be a symptom.

Lawrence_SoCal

Is this a post to inform, or is there a question?
If looking for support, don't ignore the pinned post in this forum about posting your OBS Studio Log
And recognize, that is ONLY an OBS Studio log. It wo't tell anyone what your physical audio setup looks like, an operating system level software running that may impact audio (including drivers), especially anythign like nVidia noise cancelling, nor Operating System hardware resource utilization levels, background apps running, etc ... all which which can have a material impact when running a computationally demanding task like real-time video compositing

Kino045

hello, I especially come to find help, to try to find the origin of the problem, which (for the moment) prevents me from doing streams, because the shift in sound with the image is really not beautiful and dirty the video...

before using OBS, I use ShadowPlay Recording to make my Lives, and there was no problem, excellent quality, image and sound, no lag, in short it was good, but its only flaw and that we cannot schedule ahead to notify subscribers. I tried to do it, but it seems that it is not possible...

so the choice of OBS came, and everything is fine, I quickly understood how it works, but worry about sound that does not follow the image on the screen, and every day it is different, despite the adjustments that I make to correct it.

I thought of the sound card, but how to correct? if that is the source of the problem.

" but that may only be a symptom. " that's to say ? I'm not sure I understand

AaronD

I thought of the sound card, but how to correct? if that is the source of the problem.

" but that may only be a symptom. " that's to say ? I'm not sure I understand
I think the problem might actually be video, not audio. You can't really tell by watching the stream or recording, which it is, only that they're different.

From my experience with cheap HDMI -> USB captures that had random latency themselves, I think your sound is solid, but your picture is wandering. My solution to that was to use a better (and more expensive) video capture.

Lawrence_SoCal

before using OBS, I use ShadowPlay Recording to make my Lives, and there was no problem, excellent quality, image and sound, no lag, in short it was good, but its only flaw and that we cannot schedule ahead to notify subscribers.
Scheduling (and notifications) is typically a function of the livestream platform (CDN - ex Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, etc) and NOT in real-time video compositing software. I use my CDN's video streaming /event console to handle scheduling, notifications, etc, not OBS

OBS Studio is a far more complex and capable software package, so for some things (simple screen recording), other software may have a lower hardware resource demand, with trade-off in flexible options OBS Studio enables.

Kino045

Hello, I am back to announce that I have found the solution to my problem, and as much to tell you that it took me a lot of research and live tests (in private) to test and test again.

to sum up, there was an audio "conflict" between OBS and Windows, go to audio properties to change it, just disable "use device timestamps" in desktop audio.

my problem is solved

thank you for spending some time on this subject, bye

AaronD

Don't answer to scammers. Simple report them.
I almost did report them and move on, but it wasn't as obvious as all the others I'd seen. I could believe that that one was a poorly asked question about *how to use OBS* with that site somehow.