[Deleted.]

• Thread starter Deleted member 225844
  • Start date

jasone

Howdy. This thread caused me to join the OBS forum. I'm running a GH5 camera into the Elgado (4k60 pro v2) capture card for guitar tutorials on Vimeo. I know the issue can't be OBS because every other recorder including the Elgado capture utility displays micro stuttering every 10 - 15 seconds without recording. Like others on this thread I have tried every combination of resolutions, frame rates, encoding, etc and the only one that works for me is setting the color format to "Any" within the sources box (video capture). I think OBS is preferring the "YUY2" format when I switch to "Any" because that format also works. It's always been this way since I bought the card 2 years ago. I'm running an old i9-7900x, ddr3 32 ram on a pcie3 motherboard. I upgraded to a 3080ti last year.

I want to use the xrgb setting. The color is much better but causes the micro-stuttering issue. My task manager shows very little cpu/gpu/memory usage while not recording. My guess is that the pcie3 slots are bottlenecking the capture card. xrgb and nv12 are simply too much information for older systems.

My question is for those of you with newer systems. Anyone here running Raptor Lake or Ryzen 7950x processors and still having stuttering issues?

Thanks.