Custom css for browser docks like browser sources

dcmouser

OBS has an incredibly useful feature in allowing us to provide custom css for browser SOURCES shown in scenes.

And OBS has an incredibly useful feature in allowing us to create browser based docks in the UI.
But it seems that OBS has no way of allowing us to provide custom css to be used for these browser-based docks.
It would be great if this feature could be added.

dqm

Hmm....not sure I understand. A browser dock is written in HTML and HTML can include CSS or reference CSS in a file. Same for a browser source.

dcmouser

I can explain. When we add a browser page as a SOURCE, it can link to a remote url, and we can add our own custom CSS to override the css on that web page. That's useful because we may not have access to the remote web page to modify it.

The same can be true for browser DOCKS. Perhaps most of the time the browser dock html will be a local file in which case we can customize it and customize the css. But sometimes we will want to have a browser dock that uses a REMOTE url web page (for example a browser dock showing our current youtube livestreaming page, or maybe a dock showing a remote web page with international timezone clocks, etc.), and in this case we cannot modify the css on that remote page directly -- only if OBS let's us add custom css the way it does with sources can we customize the look of the page in the dock.

Does that help?
-jesse

dcmouser

I have seen it but I haven't tried using it for this -- it does seem like it might work though it would be a little convoluted process -- i wonder if there is a performance hit for adding a dock out of a source vs adding a browser dock..