Crackling sound while connecting Boya mic

banana828

Hi!

I have this really weird problem. I have this Boya microphone (By-BM3031) and it works perfectly on the desktop pc (Windows 10). Although my room isn't pretty good for recording, the sound of the mic is pretty good with OBS studio.

Now I am on a laptop (Windows 11). I connected the same mic and did some tests with the Windows 11 sound recorder. Okay, some noise, but I can remove that with OBS Noise Supression filter. But other than that; perfect.

So I opened OBS and listened to the quality of the mic in OBS. Horrible! There is always this crackling sound, no matter what I do. Hard to describe, but it sounds like constant electricity buzzing. Even when I set the monitor off and just hit record.

I also have another mic but that one is wireless (transmitter and receiver) and the quality isn't as good as the Boya. I need to tell my Windows that it's a headset, not a mic. I tried this trick with the Boya too; no luck.

Given the fact that the Windows 11 sound record did give a good result, I think there is something wrong with OBS? I am using version 29.0.2, the 64-bit version.

I checked all the settings and it should be okay (I guess not since it goes wrong).

The log is here: https://obsproject.com/logs/nZ5qAgtJfUi4uLfv

I did do the analyze-thingy and says I certain devices are mismatched. OBS is set on 48000 Hz and so is the mic (Microphone (Realtek(R) Audio)). Other devices have been turned off to avoid selecting them.

Anyone got any tips where to look? Thanks!