Count Down Adaptive Time with AUTO-RECORDING & Scene Switcher

OBS Lua Count Down Adaptive Time with AUTO-RECORDING & Scene Switcher 2021-06-26

Tormy

SCOTT FETCHER (@Surge42 ) have made a great video, where you van see how to set up and use my COuntDown.
Not only he catched also my intention into programming. Yes, what he tells about the Recording: is exactly what I thought when I introduced that parameter.
THe "days" are ore for corporates users, since OBS is used also at Corporate level, they love to put in streaming 2-3 days (sometimes even more) in advance :-)

Great video Scott: "getsum" :-)

GrumpyDog

I get an issue that when the script ends and the new scene is 'called' it triggers the transition twice. The transition type I use is 'Stinger'. Any ideas how to solve this?

Tormy

I get an issue that when the script ends and the new scene is 'called' it triggers the transition twice. The transition type I use is 'Stinger'. Any ideas how to solve this?
I called several scenes, but the issue you have, I couldn't replicate.
It loads the stinger, it does the transition, the new scene is there.

GrumpyDog

I called several scenes, but the issue you have, I couldn't replicate.
It loads the stinger, it does the transition, the new scene is there.

It works, no issues. The issue is it calls the stinger twice. I had this issue before and solved it but it was a while ago on a different timer/scene change scipt and now I can't remember how I fixed it then. Was hoping you had some ideas.

upandcumming

It works, no issues. The issue is it calls the stinger twice. I had this issue before and solved it but it was a while ago on a different timer/scene change scipt and now I can't remember how I fixed it then. Was hoping you had some ideas.
Just installed and tested this myself and I'm having the same issue. Shame!

Tormy

Just installed and tested this myself and I'm having the same issue. Shame!
I tried it on 3 machines: All three Win 10 pro and OBS 27.0.1
Machine A: Ryzen 7, 64GB RAM all SSDs
Machine B: i3 4GB RAM and 1 SSD
Machine C: i5 2310 16GB RAM 2 HDD

The stinger is called only 1 time.

Hence: if I can't replicate the issue, I can't make any debug.

It's a shame to claim for a bug, and not to pust the conditions under which the bug i developed.
Can you please post here the settings you've made?

it will make more sense and it will help to identify where the glitch is coming from (if ever)

Tormy

please post your settings here

Tormy

@JEJ @upandcumming

Here what I get.
No issues at all.
J3Ki6hI.gif

Tormy

I created a Resource page and already put into the download button. So that versioning is active. Of course not it starts from v2.1

GrumpyDog

please post your settings here

Sorry for delayed reply. The Bug for showing the tranbsition twice is resolved by removing the callback when the counter is at '0'

Lua:
            local source = obs.obs_get_source_by_name(next_scene)
            obs.obs_frontend_set_current_scene(source)
            obs.obs_source_release(source)

-- Remove callback after scene change
            obs.remove_current_callback()

Tormy

Sorry for delayed reply. The Bug for showing the tranbsition twice is resolved by removing the callback when the counter is at '0'

Lua:
            local source = obs.obs_get_source_by_name(next_scene)
            obs.obs_frontend_set_current_scene(source)
            obs.obs_source_release(source)

-- Remove callback after scene change
hi @JEJ probably it's something happens to you with some configuration because as you see from my screenshot, there is not any double call. And you didn't tell how you trigger the apparent bug. I did ask precisely.

However I will see removing that callback if any other issue is generated upfront any official update.

Tormy

@JEJ Question: which code are you touching or talking about? The lines above, in the sequence you written, are not on the current release of the code :-/

the
is into the function timer_allback()

In conclusion: from what you are writing, I'm sure you are not using the latest code version. I close this case till the moment you will provide more complete infos.

About ISSUES: you should use GITHUB to highlight them if ever existing ones and related to last version of my code.
I tackle them up there, not in this forum. Why? It's not followed so much and people is not so responsive, and I can't follow the history.
on GitHub: it's made on purpose.

Link to GITHUB repository

Last edited:

nekobaby

Hey, is there any way to add an option to countdown from a specific time/day? Rather than saying a stream will start in 6 days 4 hours etc I think this would work even better if we could for example say 12/23/2021 @ 18:30 (6:30 pm). For businesses and streamers, this would be much easier in general if they plan to release a video or have a live stream at a specific time/date.

The fields could be for Specific Date/Time:
Year
Month (0-12)
Day (1-31)
Hour (0-24)
Min (0-59)
Sec (0-59)

Alternatively, there could be a Specific Time option:
Hour (0-24)
Min (0-59)
Sec (0-59)

Just a suggestion. I don't think anyone else has a timer like yours which switches to another scene at the end of the countdown which is 100% valuable. Thanks!

Tormy

Hey, is there any way to add an option to countdown from a specific time/day? Rather than saying a stream will start in 6 days 4 hours etc I think this would work even better if we could for example say 12/23/2021 @ 18:30 (6:30 pm). For businesses and streamers, this would be much easier in general if they plan to release a video or have a live stream at a specific time/date.

The fields could be for Specific Date/Time:
Year
Month (0-12)
Day (1-31)
Hour (0-24)
Min (0-59)
Sec (0-59)

Alternatively, there could be a Specific Time option:
Hour (0-24)
Min (0-59)
Sec (0-59)

Just a suggestion. I don't think anyone else has a timer like yours which switches to another scene at the end of the countdown which is 100% valuable. Thanks!

You can always write it into the specific field and let the countdown go. This will have more movements on video rather than a static page.

Instead of "will start in", you wil write "it will start at 12/23/20021 @ 18:30 (6:30pm)" and let the countdown go ahead.