Count Down Adaptive Time with AUTO-RECORDING & Scene Switcher

OBS Lua Count Down Adaptive Time with AUTO-RECORDING & Scene Switcher 2021-06-26

Tormy

Tormy submitted a new resource:

Count Down Adaptive Time, Auto-Recording and Scene Switcher - countdown

This is a Countdown of the update I posted in Jan/Feb 2018 version 1.0, now it's 2.0
Complete countdown that enables you to:

1. Setup an initial text that's put into a Text container: default Live in:
  2. Setup a final text: default: LIVE NOW!

FROM VERSION 2.0:
  3. Setup Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds at your wish
  4. Switch to a Scene you choose by a drop down OR to the Final Text (as you wish)
  5. Automatically START RECORDING (if you wish it)

FROM VERSION 2.1:
  6. Timer Format: 4 possible selections for better adaptive timer!!!!

I hope it's useful, I hope you enjoy it

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

Tormy

The pull-down that allows you to define the text source does not work in version 26.
I have to find the time to check it. I have installed it on the broadcasting machine, it still working, but I didn't check it yet on the settings.

Tormy

Tormy updated Count Down Adaptive Time with a new update entry:

Introduced: START RECORDING, INITIAL and FINAL TEXT and other stuff

This new release is introducing ameliorated features and START RECORDING when Live starts

You can choose:
  1. Set up or not an initial text (Start Text). Default: Live in:
  2. End up or not to a final text . Default: LIVE NOW!
  3. End up to a Scene you can chose
  4. START RECORDING when time = 0:00:00:00. Default: No (avoiding to post-edit the film to remove the initial leading time)
I hope you enjoy with!
Here below the screenshot of the setup...

Read the rest of this update entry...

chillstons

Hi, thanks so much for this useful script! Is there a way to eliminate days/hours/minutes from the timer display for counting down smaller intervals, say 30 seconds?

Tormy

Hi, thanks so much for this useful script! Is there a way to eliminate days/hours/minutes from the timer display for counting down smaller intervals, say 30 seconds?
I'm working on it. Soon a new version
Just waiting for OBS27 (in RC version) to test compatibility with official release.

Tormy

Hi, 2.1 released with this feature: you can select which format:
ss
mm:ss
hh:mm:ss
dd:hh:mm:ss

Tormy

Hello! Since it was not here in the OBS forums, I've tried to search for your GitHub without luck :) Thanks for sharing!
right, I just updated also here in the obs forum.
Just you caught me while I was making these operations Now it's available everywhere: here and on my GitHub

Tormy

Gents, now you can download directly from GITHUB. I put a link to get the ZIP directly.
This enables me to a better coordination for the updates :-)
And no more misalignments ;-)

Xxen

Hey! Great work sir!
I will ask this as I am not very familiar with LUA, what would be the best way to implement this script with an option for binding a hotkey to start/stop the timer? I have a similar script already that has this option and im just getting dizzy searching through the code hahaha

Tormy

Hey! Great work sir!
I will ask this as I am not very familiar with LUA, what would be the best way to implement this script with an option for binding a hotkey to start/stop the timer? I have a similar script already that has this option and im just getting dizzy searching through the code hahaha
Everything is clearly written on the README.md file that comes with the package you download.
About the assignment to hotkeys: this is a feature of OBS. Please refer to it ;-)