Corporate Live Stream Help - Complex Scenario.

patdaddy

This would be simple if I wasn't being asked to do it over zoom so people from field offices can be called upon. So plan was virtual camera to zoom but the issue with that is the audio.

Computer 1: Running OBS, and broadcasting the main feed to zoom with master audio mix.

Computer 2: Running slide show and zoom audio and video

iPad or something: Running music

Diagram from visual.
1670455836900.png

My main issue I foresee with this is that when local speaker tries to talk to virtual speaker the virtual speaker will hear their audio back at them. I am trying to think of a way to remedy this other than mute the zoom audio out on and off as they back and forth which seems like it will be a disaster. I have to also run the speakers at the event at the same time so I can’t not have their audio come through, but I can’t think of a way to mix it out.

Gear I have
  • Zoom LiveTrak L-8
  • Main PC: M1 Max MacBook Pro
  • Secondary: MacBook Pro

I am probably overlooking something so simple but I am stuck. I could get a third laptop and capture card to separate the zoom and call audio and maybe run the master out to the speakers and a different mix to the zoom but that’s just adding complexity to my problem.

Thanks for any help in advance!

This would be simple if I wasn't being asked to do it over zoom so people from field offices can be called upon. So plan was virtual camera to zoom but the issue with that is the audio.

Computer 1: Running OBS, and broadcasting the main feed to zoom with master audio mix.

Computer 2: Running slide show and zoom audio and video

iPad or something: Running music

Diagram from visual.
View attachment 89519

My main issue I foresee with this is that when local speaker tries to talk to virtual speaker the virtual speaker will hear their audio back at them. I am trying to think of a way to remedy this other than mute the zoom audio out on and off as they back and forth which seems like it will be a disaster. I have to also run the speakers at the event at the same time so I can’t not have their audio come through, but I can’t think of a way to mix it out.

Gear I have
  • Zoom LiveTrak L-8
  • Main PC: M1 Max MacBook Pro
  • Secondary: MacBook Pro

I am probably overlooking something so simple but I am stuck. I could get a third laptop and capture card to separate the zoom and call audio and maybe run the master out to the speakers and a different mix to the zoom but that’s just adding complexity to my problem.

Thanks for any help in advance!
The LiveTrak is highly suited to live broadcasting, with features such as the Mix-Minus function which prevents audio feedback from dial-in guests. Have a look at this video of how to do it. Link