Resource icon

Control Visca-over-IP based cameras 2.6

Lawrence_SoCal

You are welcome. I contacted Canon with a request for the Visca technical documentation. I'm curious whether they will actually share this.
You can always feel free to embarrass Canon with a comment that Panasonic provides complete documentation for their PTZ cameras ;^)

nikantonio1408

Hello, thanks for your plugin.
Could you some help.
PTZ Cam - Minrray 430E0
I need make: atrack on/track off
I don’t understand where to write this command:
81 0A 01 32 00 00 02 00 FF
Thanks for your answer.
1720022893141.png

vwout

You're welcome, thank you! :)
The dialog you are showing is the configuration of the camera. You entered code in the 'preset' list, but that's not where it goes. The preset list is to configure presets (recall a preset on the camera using a preset number). To send a command, like tracking on/off, you need to configure an action, in the source configuration for a visca action and select the action Custom Command:
1720039823065.png

In the Start command field you enter the Tracking ON command listed in the manual, but without the address 81 and the termination FF, so: 0A 01 32 00 00 02 00. To stop tracking, either fill it in as Stop command, which means tracking will be disabled when the scene is deactivated (the camera is no longer active), or in a separate scene using the same camera, but a different Visca command, where the Tracking OFF command is filled in in the Start command field.

nikantonio1408

Пожалуйста, спасибо! :)
Диалог, который вы показываете, — это конфигурация камеры. Вы ввели код в список «предустановок», но он не там. Список предустановок предназначен для настройки предустановок (вызов предустановки на камере с помощью номера предустановки). Чтобы отправить команду, например, включение/выключение отслеживания, вам нужно настроить действие в исходной конфигурации для действия visca и выбрать действие Custom Command :
View attachment 105082

В поле Start command (Команда запуска) вы вводите команду Tracking ON (ВКЛ. отслеживание) , указанную в руководстве, но без адреса 81 и окончания FF , то есть: 0A 01 32 00 00 02 00. Чтобы остановить отслеживание, либо заполните ее как Stop command (Команда остановки ), что означает, что отслеживание будет отключено, когда сцена деактивирована (камера больше не активна), либо в отдельной сцене с использованием той же камеры, но другой команды Visca, где в поле Start command (Команда запуска ) заполнена команда Tracking OFF ( ВЫКЛ. отслеживание ).
Thanks, it is in OBS input option. So, if i need always camera attive, but when i need on/off track, it mysu be different scenes with different inputs. Right?

vwout

You can do this in two ways:
- Use two scenes: One scene to enable tracking (as custom 'start' command), one scene to disable tracking (as custom 'start' command)
- Use a scene with tracking on and off as start and stop command
It depends on the rest of the scenes which is most suitable

vwout

Hi

Thank you very much for your detailed replay. Our cameras are updated to the newest available firmare (Version 1.4.0).
Thats a very good input, i will try, as soon as i have some free time to play with it, to test some different formats of the command.
As soon as i figured out someting, i will post it here.
Hi @bawunderl, I send you a private message requesting specific details. I may have found the cause for the issue (something related to different Visca protocol variants). If there is anyone else with a Canon CR-* camera that is willing to perform some test, please contact me.

vwout

You can always feel free to embarrass Canon with a comment that Panasonic provides complete documentation for their PTZ cameras ;^)
I have received full Visca documentation from Canon. The specification is based on Sony C456-100-13(1) command List for BRC-X1000/H800/H78. The main difference is that an additional byte is used for the pan position. The latest code at github.com/vwout/obs-visca-control contains (untested, by lack of a camera) support.

vwout

vwout updated Control Visca-over-IP based cameras with a new update entry:

Release 2.6

This release adds better support for Canon PTZ camera's and it probably also improves this on other camera brands. The are are two command variants specified by Sony Visca protocol specifications. This script now supports both. This is expected to implement support for at least Canon CR-N300.

In case the script does not fully work with your camera, debugging became easier. Both verbose and debug logging can now be activated from the script configuration dialog; no need to modify code...

Read the rest of this update entry...