Control Broadcast Manage from CLI

matt_benett

Sorry it this is the wrong area to post this, I was not sure if it should go here or plugins or scripts.

I am after a method to programmatically manage Broadcasts (the fields/settings below). Websocket or CLI or other, I am not too fussy.

Does something exist?

1693775646464.png

AaronD

Where is that? My OBS doesn't have it.

It looks like YouTube's specific settings. I thought YT killed their software API anyway to combat spambots, which means that even if you did have those settings in OBS or somewhere other than on YT's site, they wouldn't work.

matt_benett

Where is that? My OBS doesn't have it.

It looks like YouTube's specific settings. I thought YT killed their software API anyway to combat spambots, which means that even if you did have those settings in OBS or somewhere other than on YT's site, they wouldn't work.
Its in the latest version, and comes when you attach to a streaming service (in my case YT).

It works, as I have manually tested it.

matt_benett

Trust me, its there.

1693944005546.png

Before you authenticate to YT:
1693944026208.png

After you Authenticate to YT:
1693944110773.png

Then to start a stream you click Manage Broadcast:
1693944180317.png

My assumption from the lack of replies is that there is no way to progrmatically control this.

AaronD

Ah! Okay. I've never done that. I don't log into YT with OBS. Just give it the URL and stream key. Only my standalone browser has my name and password.

The closest I know of is this, which is probably not what you're looking for:
1693964494834.png