Consistent BSOD when closing OBS while an Elgato capture card is connected

RoyaleSkull

Hey.

Every time I close OBS while I have an elgato connected to my PC along with viewing a scene with a video capture linking the elgato, it gives my PC the Blue Screen Of Death. Tested using the 4k Capture Utlity tool and closest it while a preview was running, and didn't get a Blue Screen there.

Occasionally, changing the audio device in Properties of my Video Capture source will also give me the BSOD as well.

Thanks.

Oh and a sidenote, use the 'OBS Closing BSODs help' .txt file to know what I did to obtain the BSOD.

Attachments

• 2021-07-17 17-35-04.txt
    14 KB · Views: 29
  • 2021-07-17 17-36-57.txt
    16.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 2021-07-17 17-40-43.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2021-07-17 17-50-09.txt
    17.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 2021-07-17 17-50-41.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 18
  • OBS Closing BSODs help.txt
    688 bytes · Views: 23

RoyaleSkull

Also, if I can't solve this issue, is there anything I could disable that is linked to the elgato and obs in order to close obs without a BSOD? At the cost of the using the video preview?

koala

A BSOD is a sign of bad/wrong drivers or a hardware issue. On a properly designed system, no app is able to provoke a BSOD.
Make sure you use proper and current drivers, and if the issue persists, verify proper operation of the hardware (compatibility of components, no overheating, proper power supply).
As far as I read your .txt, the issue is directly connected with the capture device, so it's something with the Elgato device or drivers or witth the USB parts of your computer.

RoyaleSkull

UPDATE:

Reinstalled Elgato drivers, BSOD is still present in it's same occurrence. Any ideas?
Like how do I fix the USB parts of my computer? What steps do I have to take?
PS, sound capture app from elgato closes after 5 seconds of being open.

Thanks.

koala

Directly connect the capture device without any USB hub in between. Choose proper cable. Choose a different USB port.

Other than that: The mainboard may be defective. USB is somewhat vulnerable to static electric discharge, may be the USB parts of your mainboard have become defective.