Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer

OBS Lua Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer 5.8

Si5584

Anyone having a problem getting the timer colours to work? No matter what I do the timer text colour never changes. Even the "Normal Colour" doesn't take effect, never mind the Marker colours. I'm running the latest version of OBS and timer

visability

I have a feature I would like to request that may be pretty cool

A hotkey that switches from stopwatch to countdown and vice versa.
Not sure how hard this would be to do, but I assume you would need to use the timer saved value for it to switch from counting up to counting down or the other way around

GrumpyDog

I have a feature I would like to request that may be pretty cool

A hotkey that switches from stopwatch to countdown and vice versa.
Not sure how hard this would be to do, but I assume you would need to use the timer saved value for it to switch from counting up to counting down or the other way around
Could be interesting, but what would be a real world usecase for this?

GrumpyDog

Anyone having a problem getting the timer colours to work? No matter what I do the timer text colour never changes. Even the "Normal Colour" doesn't take effect, never mind the Marker colours. I'm running the latest version of OBS and timer
Are you using a Media Source as well, or just the colours? If you use the Media Sources also, do they work? Is the marker values set to the correct format, for example: to trigger at 5 seconds use '00:00:05'

1667454180882.png

Make sure the time stamp is exact and does not have any other characters or spaces. Post a screenshot if you problem persist.

Last edited:

visability

Could be interesting, but what would be a real world usecase for this?

Let's say I start a stopwatch to see how long it takes me to do something, it ends up taking me 4 mins & 32 secs.
I then convert that stopwatch to a countdown in order to add pressure to my friend and challenge them to see if they can do it faster than I did.

Here's another example of a game practically doing that (timestamped): https://youtu.be/JXliVcRwN40?t=325

You can see that Red was attacking and has conquered Blue's base in 5 mins & 3 secs. The game then converts it to a countdown because Red now has to defend the base from Blue conquering it for 5 mins & 3 secs in order to win.

Last edited:

StayinBroke

This looks like it's close to what I'm looking for. Is there an option for the countdown timer to pause when you leave a scene and restart when you return to that specific scene? I'm looking for a countdown timer that I can display so my viewers and I can both keep track of timed channel point reedems like: Can't use a certain weapon/tool for 15 minutes. I'm trying to find one that will pause when I leave my gameplay scene to run a stream raiders battle or just chatting for a raid and restart when I return to gameplay scene so my viewers don't get cheated out of their redeem.

GrumpyDog

This looks like it's close to what I'm looking for. Is there an option for the countdown timer to pause when you leave a scene and restart when you return to that specific scene? I'm looking for a countdown timer that I can display so my viewers and I can both keep track of timed channel point reedems like: Can't use a certain weapon/tool for 15 minutes. I'm trying to find one that will pause when I leave my gameplay scene to run a stream raiders battle or just chatting for a raid and restart when I return to gameplay scene so my viewers don't get cheated out of their redeem.

Currently there is an option "Start Timer on Scene Active" that will start the timer when the scene where the timer is displayed is active, and when the scene is inactive, the timer pauses.

This also works if the timer is used in a Nested Scene and that Source becomes visible. Currently, there is no option available to RESET the timer when it is hidden or becomes visible.

1670208638911.png

Last edited:
Hi, I also need help to install this script. I have installed .lua files for Mac many times before for the Mac, but all the links to download this script for some reason I can't seem to figure out where it is if it is in the same format as the other ones. Can you please provide a direct link to that script if it is. Typically after I download the compressed file then open it I take that .lua file copy and paste it into my scripts file in OBS then restart OBS. If this is installed differently then please let me know.

GrumpyDog

Hi, I also need help to install this script. I have installed .lua files for Mac many times before for the Mac, but all the links to download this script for some reason I can't seem to figure out where it is if it is in the same format as the other ones. Can you please provide a direct link to that script if it is. Typically after I download the compressed file then open it I take that .lua file copy and paste it into my scripts file in OBS then restart OBS. If this is installed differently then please let me know.
See this:
  1. Scroll to top
  2. Hit "Go to download"
  3. On Github, Click the "Raw" botton and it will open the script in a raw mode.
  4. Right click and "Save As"
  5. Save file with ".lua"
See this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LV0eI7DXfQ

View attachment 84424

View attachment 84425

View attachment 84426

JacksonFaller

Hi! I'm having a problem with the scene transition (stinger). When script is turned on then the transition is triggered earlier than usual. I think @Metepic had a similar problem and I don't know if it's been resolved.

GrumpyDog

Hi! I'm having a problem with the scene transition (stinger). When script is turned on then the transition is triggered earlier than usual. I think @Metepic had a similar problem and I don't know if it's been resolved.

Hey, this specific issue seems to be system dependent and has something to do with how transitions are called and system resources are allocated. Unfortunately I am not sure this issue can be resolved from the script side of this plugin.

GrumpyDog

@JacksonFaller I am trying to recreate the behaviour you are experiencing. Can you provide me with a simple layout config that produces your issue? I will also need a copy of the stinger you are using to debug.

GrumpyDog

GrumpyDog updated Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

Version 4.6

Please backup your old file before replacing it. Report any issues (:

NEW FEATURES

- Allow Timer rest if scene becomes activated

USER EXPERIENCE & FEATURE ENHANCEMENTS

- Start on Scene active improvements

BUGS

- Fixed an issue that caused the stinger transition to break when the timer is in countdown mode.

Thank you @Metepic and @JacksonFaller for your valuable feedback.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Xagika

Hi!

Awesome script you made, i found it recently and i was absolutly heplful at what i needed to do.
However, i couldnt figured out why the script crashes whenever im duplicating it in 2 different scenes. I wanted to use it so i had a countdown in scene A, then go to scene B with another countdown and finally to transition into the main scene. It works fine until i want to exit OBS, it crashes and every changes made to the script would be undone.

Ill attach the crash report here for you to see.

Attachments

• Crash 2022-12-28 10-52-23.txt
    82.6 KB · Views: 26

GrumpyDog

Hi!

Awesome script you made, i found it recently and i was absolutly heplful at what i needed to do.
However, i couldnt figured out why the script crashes whenever im duplicating it in 2 different scenes. I wanted to use it so i had a countdown in scene A, then go to scene B with another countdown and finally to transition into the main scene. It works fine until i want to exit OBS, it crashes and every changes made to the script would be undone.

Thank you, will investigate.

GrumpyDog

Hi!

Fix will be deployed in the next update. Thank you Xagika for the report.

GrumpyDog

GrumpyDog updated Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

Version 4.7

Please backup your old file before replacing it. Report any issues (:

NEW FEATURES

- Expanded Add / Subtract seconds to time.
- Alow this feature to be hidden or disabled
- This feature now allows a limit for updating the timer (Zero = infinite)
- A source text note can be defined to notify the user when the limit was reached
- User can define how long the note is displayed (Zero = disables the hide feature)

OPTIMIZATION

- some back end improvements or changes

USER...

Read the rest of this update entry...