Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer

OBS Lua Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer 5.8

GrumpyDog

JEJ updated Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

Version 4.0

Please backup your old file before replacing it. Report any issues (:

REALLY IMPORTANT: The Hotkey names has changed since update 3.8, thus you will need to update (setup) your hotkeys again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BUGS

- Fixed a signal handler crash due to an unloaded source
- Fixed a bug that triggered the Media when the timer was not active

Read the rest of this update entry...

GrumpyDog

I don't know if this is only on my end.

But I have noticed that aftet the update, the only way I am able to reset any of my timers is by going to the actual script menu and hitting the physical timer reset button. None of my Reset keybinds work after the update. The only thing my reset timer keybind does is toggle the show milliseconds.

I am aware that that is a separate kebind now. I have everything setup properly.

I changed the hotkey names in the last update and forgot to inform to rebind those. I tested the hotkey binds on my side and it is working. Can you please check again and see if this resolved the issue?

stickbug813

I changed the hotkey names in the last update and forgot to inform to rebind those. I tested the hotkey binds on my side and it is working. Can you please check again and see if this resolved the issue?
Yeah I for sure can do that. Just to be clear, what keybind actually resets the timer?

I ask because I did do a fresh install and reset the plugin back up, including the keybinds.

stickbug813

Yeah I for sure can do that. Just to be clear, what keybind actually resets the timer?

I ask because I did do a fresh install and reset the plugin back up, including the keybinds.
So I just downloaded version 4.0 and tested out the new keybinds. I am still having issues. To clerify, when I say I want to "reset" the timeer, I want that timer to return to the default time. Say the default was at 12 min, when I hit the "reset" timer keybind I want the timer to reset to 12 minutes.

1665021710432.png

1665021804715.png

GrumpyDog

So I just downloaded version 4.0 and tested out the new keybinds. I am still having issues. To clerify, when I say I want to "reset" the timeer, I want that timer to return to the default time. Say the default was at 12 min, when I hit the "reset" timer keybind I want the timer to reset to 12 minutes.

View attachment 87342
View attachment 87343

Thanks stickbug813, the effort in your feedback helped me to understand this issue. It is now fixed.

DanDudeAmiga

I'm really liking your advanced script here! Lots of cool features to play with!
I did find a bug when the countdown timer set to, hours minutes and seconds, reaches 0: when I have the "Timer Format" set to "Custom Time Format" and it reaches 0, it displays "0" instead of using it.
Also, it be nice to see that an option to trigger a media source when the timer reaches 0 along with your "next scene". I don't use scenes at this time but it would be nice to trigger a scene source to play. Very helpful to sound my own buzzer at the end of the timer.
(using version 4.1)
Thanks for making such a great script!

GrumpyDog

I did find a bug when the countdown timer set to, hours minutes and seconds, reaches 0: when I have the "Timer Format" set to "Custom Time Format" and it reaches 0, it displays "0" instead of using it.

Hey, thank you for the feedback. Please consider leaving a rating (:

Before we consider your report as a confirmed bug, please check if you change a setting under "Display" and test if this is resolved.

This was a feature a user requested and may be intentional behaviour.

1665998634359.png

Last edited:

GrumpyDog

Also, it be nice to see that an option to trigger a media source when the timer reaches 0 along with your "next scene". I don't use scenes at this time but it would be nice to trigger a scene source to play. Very helpful to sound my own buzzer at the end of the timer.
(using version 4.1)

I will look into this

GrumpyDog

JEJ updated Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer with a new update entry:

Version 4.2

Please backup your old file before replacing it. Report any issues (:

NEW FEATURES

- Add Media Playback for Timer end

OPTIMIZATION

-

USER EXPERIENCE & FEATURE ENHANCEMENTS

- Changed Property Setting label 'Trigger Text' to 'Marker Notes'

BUGS

- Fixed an infinate timer callback loop
- Reverted and applied new Fix for timer Reset issue
- Fixed an issue for recording call when recording is already active
- Fixed switching "split type" does not reset the timer display
- Fixed changing...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GrumpyDog

I am still looking into this as I beleive the time stamp should display a timestamp equal to the format for example $H:$M:$S,$F when expired should display "00:00:00,00" or HH:MM:SS,FF

Currently it shows "0"

Last edited:

Si5584

I can't get this to download and save on Mac. The Lua downloads as a txt file and I can't change it to lua, doing so makes no difference