Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer

OBS Lua Comprehensive Stopwatch & Countdown Timer 5.8

visability

Hello! Thank you for making this script. It's been really useful to me in terms of letting people know how long it takes me to beat a certain map or level. However, I want to also have a stopwatch that shows people the total time spent playing all maps. Sadly I can't do that because every time I close OBS and open it up again the stopwatch seems to reset back to 0. I would love to see it being able to continue where it left off even after I close and open OBS. It would also be great if I could edit the time on the text source and still have it work after I have made my changes instead of having it go back to how it was before when I start the stopwatch again after editing the text source. Hoping that this feedback ends up being useful! Will try to find a work around for now but if this ends up being implemented I will definitely keep using it!

GrumpyDog

Hello! Thank you for making this script. It's been really useful to me in terms of letting people know how long it takes me to beat a certain map or level. However, I want to also have a stopwatch that shows people the total time spent playing all maps. Sadly I can't do that because every time I close OBS and open it up again the stopwatch seems to reset back to 0. I would love to see it being able to continue where it left off even after I close and open OBS. It would also be great if I could edit the time on the text source and still have it work after I have made my changes instead of having it go back to how it was before when I start the stopwatch again after editing the text source. Hoping that this feedback ends up being useful! Will try to find a work around for now but if this ends up being implemented I will definitely keep using it!

From all that, it sounds like the feature(s) you are requesting are for the Stopwatch only, and:

1. Ability to save last time stamp on the timer before OBS close
  2. Load the time stamp for the timer if a saved setting is found when OBS start
  3. Ability to define the time stamp manually
Is this correct?

visability

From all that, it sounds like the feature(s) you are requesting are for the Stopwatch only, and:

1. Ability to save last time stamp on the timer before OBS close
  2. Load the time stamp for the timer if a saved setting is found when OBS start
  3. Ability to define the time stamp manually
Is this correct?
Yeah pretty much! But why not also apply them to the countdown as well if they are not already there you know? For example I set a timer, stop it before it reaches 0, close obs and open it again and still have it countdown from where it was before! And also get the ability to manually define the countdown as well. Basically all the three things you listed but also for countdowns.

So yes! What you mentioned is very much correct but for both countdown and stopwatch if possible!

GrumpyDog

Yeah pretty much! But why not also apply them to the countdown as well if they are not already there you know? For example I set a timer, stop it before it reaches 0, close obs and open it again and still have it countdown from where it was before! And also get the ability to manually define the countdown as well. Basically all the three things you listed but also for countdowns.

So yes! What you mentioned is very much correct but for both countdown and stopwatch if possible!

If I consider this feature it will only be for the stopwatch function. It does not make sense for the countdown timer.

Last edited:

visability

If I consider this feature it will only be for the stopwatch function. It does not make sense for the countdown timer.
Wouldn't it be nice for convenience though? If it's possible it would be great to have it be able to continue counting down from a prior saved timestamp, saving the timestamp when obs closes and loading the timestamp when obs gets opened so that I don't have to manually set the countdown every time if it doesn't get finished. (Ex: I need to beat 50 levels in 3 hours. I set a 3 hour countdown timer that only counts down during gameplay by using hotkeys. Let's say I beat 15 levels on stream and the countdown reaches 2 hours and 15 minutes but I decide to end the stream planning to resume the challenge the next time I stream. I close obs, open OBS again the next time I stream and the countdown is back to 3 hours again. So I have to manually set it to 2 hours and 15 minutes from the scripts menu in order for it to be accurate.)

I also noticed that the plugin gives you the ability to define countdowns manually while you can't do that with the stopwatch as of today. However is there a reason why it's limited to 24 hours? Why can't I add days or milliseconds in there? Am I missing something? I know I can set it to a specific date but every time I run the script it will always update it to the amount of time left before said specific date.

Basically what I am saying is that the ability to manually define countdown timestamps should be unlocked with no limits while also having the ability to define milliseconds and days. The same unlocked timestamp defining functionality should also be included in the stopwatch as well. Finally, the script should automatically save timestamps once obs gets closed and automatically load them once obs gets opened.

Metepic

The idea with a simple setup is so I can try to replicate the issue. If its posssible I can try and isolate the issue.
Hi!
As requested, here are the two videos demonstrating my issue.

In video 2 (with countdown) you can see that as I enter the scene with the countdown, the transition point comes earlier than it should.

GrumpyDog

Hi!
As requested, here are the two videos demonstrating my issue.

In video 2 (with countdown) you can see that as I enter the scene with the countdown, the transition point comes earlier than it should.
Thank you for that. Now I need a scene and source layout that I can recreate. So something as simple as possible that will reproduce the issue. Where does the timer go ect..

GrumpyDog

See the update and if this provides the features you wanted. If this release returns no new issues and there is a need, then the feature could potentially be extended to the countdown timer.

Metepic

Thank you for that. Now I need a scene and source layout that I can recreate. So something as simple as possible that will reproduce the issue. Where does the timer go ect..
I can send you my scene collection here (test.zip) so you can see the issue exactly through the simple setup I created. The forum does not allow me to send json files so I had to compress it in a zip.

I also noticed that the issue does not just happen on a stinger transition. It seems I can recreate it with any other transition such as Fade or Slide. Here is a video of that too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz-2ilR52Uw

Attachments

• test.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 23

GrumpyDog

I can send you my scene collection here (test.zip) so you can see the issue exactly through the simple setup I created. The forum does not allow me to send json files so I had to compress it in a zip.
Upload it to wetransfer.com and DM me a link so I can grab the files from there.

Once I have all the files you use I will recreate the scene and check if I can recreate the issue.

visability

See the update and if this provides the features you wanted. If this release returns no new issues and there is a need, then the feature could potentially be extended to the countdown timer.
So far been working great from my testing! I wonder if we are going to be able to set day amount manually in the future though.. as well as values like FF and DD be added to countdown.

Thank you so much for adding this, my mandatory needs are now completely met, appreciate it!

PafadelCraft

Hello, I have a little problem with this amazing script, when I want to reset the stopwatch, the timer stop but dont clear the time to 00:00:00... When I press the reset key, It's like I pressing the Start/Stop key.

To explain more simply, the "reset" key does the same thing as the "Start/Stop" key, it stops the stopwatch but does not reset it to 0.

Thank for your help guys !

GrumpyDog

Hello, I have a little problem with this amazing script, when I want to reset the stopwatch, the timer stop but dont clear the time to 00:00:00... When I press the reset key, It's like I pressing the Start/Stop key.

To explain more simply, the "reset" key does the same thing as the "Start/Stop" key, it stops the stopwatch but does not reset it to 0.

Thank for your help guys !

If you got and used the latest version, please go back to the previous version here, and check if the issue is gone and let me know. It is potentially an bug introduced in the last update.

Can you please confirm if you are using hotkeys when producing this issue, or if it happens when you use thew buttons on the script pane itself?

Please export the script settings and DM it to me.

Hi JEJ, You're software intrigues me. However, I am not a programmer so I don't know how to install it or where to find the link for the installer if their is one. I am on a Mac Monterey. Please let me know if and where I could find it. Thanks.