Resource icon

Free Command line tool for obs-websocket plugin (Windows) 1.6.3

PASS Studio

two question 1 anywhere to add preview for those who dont do switching to live 2 is there a way to output varies facts to say clipboard

BiTRiP

I have 1.6.1 installed with OBS 28.0.3 but when I run command I only get black window and nothing happends.
I see incoming connection identified and have no authentication set.
It used to always work on old OBS with 1.5.x version.
What is wrong?

Code:
OBSCommand.exe /server=192.168.2.106:4455 /startstream

Attachments

• obs.JPG
    obs.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 74

BiTRiP

I have 1.6.1 installed with OBS 28.0.3 but when I run command I only get black window and nothing happends.
I see incoming connection identified and have no authentication set.
It used to always work on old OBS with 1.5.x version.
What is wrong?

Code:
OBSCommand.exe /server=192.168.2.106:4455 /startstream

Anyone can help please?

FSC

Anyone can help please?
Sorry for the late reply, i was too busy lately.

I can confirm, using OBSCommand from another PC does not work at all right now, it just hangs until you press CTRL+C.

Investigating...

Edit: Should be fixed in 1.6.2

Last edited:

BiTRiP

Thank you. I can confirm it works now but only if authentication is disabled.
When I enable authentication with password test123 it's not getting identified.

Code:
C:\OBSCommand\OBSCommand.exe /server=192.168.2.106:4455 /password=test123 /startstream

auth.JPG

auth 2.JPG

FSC

Thank you. I can confirm it works now but only if authentication is disabled.
When I enable authentication with password test123 it's not getting identified.

Code:
C:\OBSCommand\OBSCommand.exe /server=192.168.2.106:4455 /password=test123 /startstream
My bad, forgot to revert something I changed for testing, thanks for reporting! Fixed that, a hanging issue if no connection, and also improved error feedback in 1.6.3

REDDDDY

After installing OBS 29
After migrating to the built-in Web Socket v5
installed latest version OBSCommand_1.6.3

Error :
A fatal error occurred. The required library hostfxr.dll could not be found.
If this is a self-contained application, that library should exist in [C:\Program Files\OBSCommand_1.6.3\OBSCommand\].
If this is a framework-dependent application, install the runtime in the global location [C:\Program Files\dotnet] or use the DOTNET_ROOT environment variable to specify the runtime location or register the runtime location in [HKLM\SOFTWARE\dotnet\Setup\InstalledVersions\x64\InstallLocation].

Solution :
I had to install dotnet-runtime-3.1.32-win-x64
https://aka.ms/dotnet-core-applaunc...ramework_version=3.1.0&arch=x64&rid=win10-x64

End Result :
Working as expect

Appreciation to developer :
Thank you very much sir. I love your work.

FSC

After installing OBS 29
After migrating to the built-in Web Socket v5
installed latest version OBSCommand_1.6.3

Error :
A fatal error occurred. The required library hostfxr.dll could not be found.
If this is a self-contained application, that library should exist in [C:\Program Files\OBSCommand_1.6.3\OBSCommand\].
If this is a framework-dependent application, install the runtime in the global location [C:\Program Files\dotnet] or use the DOTNET_ROOT environment variable to specify the runtime location or register the runtime location in [HKLM\SOFTWARE\dotnet\Setup\InstalledVersions\x64\InstallLocation].

Solution :
I had to install dotnet-runtime-3.1.32-win-x64
https://aka.ms/dotnet-core-applaunc...ramework_version=3.1.0&arch=x64&rid=win10-x64

End Result :
Working as expect

Appreciation to developer :
Thank you very much sir. I love your work.
Thank you for the feedback. Yes, dotnet-core runtime is a dependency that has to be installed if it is not already present on your system. This is already mentioned in the "How to install" section. I added an additional note in the 5th step in case users might miss the note below.

KDanterow

I haven't use command line in a while and probably I'm not the best user around using it but I remember I could switch between scene collections with "SetCurrentSceneCollection" or something like that, I have spend like two hours and just wanna know... does that parameter is still working?

KDanterow

I haven't use command line in a while and probably I'm not the best user around using it but I remember I could switch between scene collections with "SetCurrentSceneCollection" or something like that, I have spend like two hours and just wanna know... does that parameter is still working?
Just forget it... I was trying to make this thing to work and have no idea how shall I type the command... and found a lost note on my computer on how I shall write the commands... just a dumb here~

PoWeR-Ding

for OBS below version 28
for OBSCommand_v1.5.7

It's over when we encounter the equals sign~
please ,How should I solve or modify the command?
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

command:
OBSCommand.exe /command=SetStreamSettings,settings=server='srt://pushtx.surgerycast.com:9000?streamid=#!::h=pushtx.surgerycast.com,r=onelive/11009599-BtBuqqFfn'

result:
{
"message-id": "Ss1wJjTfwBmjCrQP",
"settings": {
"bwtest": false,
"key": "123",
"server": "srt://pushtx.surgerycast.com:9000?streamid",
"use_auth": false
},
"status": "ok",
"type": "rtmp_custom"
}
Ok

PoWeR-Ding

for OBS below version 28
for OBSCommand_v1.5.7

OBSCommand.exe /command=SetTextGDIPlusProperties,source="字幕",text='111111'

Also, if "text" only has individual numbers, it cannot be displayed~~~

FSC

for OBS below version 28
for OBSCommand_v1.5.7

It's over when we encounter the equals sign~
please ,How should I solve or modify the command?
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

command:
OBSCommand.exe /command=SetStreamSettings,settings=server='srt://pushtx.surgerycast.com:9000?streamid=#!::h=pushtx.surgerycast.com,r=onelive/11009599-BtBuqqFfn'

result:
{
"message-id": "Ss1wJjTfwBmjCrQP",
},
}
Ok
have you tried to replace the , with it's "url encoded" version %2C? like
OBSCommand.exe /command=SetStreamSettings,settings=server='srt://pushtx.surgerycast.com:9000?streamid=#!::h=pushtx.surgerycast.com%2Cr=onelive/11009599-BtBuqqFfn'

FSC

for OBS below version 28
for OBSCommand_v1.5.7

OBSCommand.exe /command=SetTextGDIPlusProperties,source="字幕",text='111111'

Also, if "text" only has individual numbers, it cannot be displayed~~~
I am afraid this problem is in OBS or OBS-websocket-plugin, also i can't find a websocket command to change the text of a GDI+ source item to test it with the new OBS version, seems it lost some features with the update, or do i miss something?

PoWeR-Ding

OBSCommand.exe /command=SetStreamSettings,settings=server='srt://pushtx.surgerycast.com:9000?streamid=#!::h=pushtx.surgerycast.com%2Cr=onelive/11009599-BtBuqqFfn'

as follows
The result is still the same. T T

{
"message-id": "Rfr8MsrD8Q80NntG",
},
}
Ok

PoWeR-Ding

I am afraid this problem is in OBS or OBS-websocket-plugin, also i can't find a websocket command to change the text of a GDI+ source item to test it with the new OBS version, seems it lost some features with the update, or do i miss something?
Okay, that's okay

This is a small issue. I can add some symbol markings before and after the numbers.

PoWeR-Ding

cmd.png

shell.png

Can be passed in normally in cmd.exe
However, after being passed in, OBS cannot connect to the server using this str address.

server:srt://pushtx.surgerycast.com:9000?streamid=#!::h=pushtx.surgerycast.com%2Cr=onelive/11009599-BtBuqqFfn
key:r=onelive/11009599-BtBuqqFfn