Resource icon

Free Command line tool for obs-websocket plugin (Windows) 1.6.3

PaulBM

It seems to be obs-websocket that's not finding the hotkey.

22:45:17.454: [obs-websocket] Request >> '{
22:45:17.454: "request-type": "TriggerHotkeyByName",
22:45:17.454: "message-id": "nVRagEhcs1VDhnkQ",
22:45:17.454: "hotkeyName": "chat_hotkey_0"

Turns out to be an issue with python script. The register key function was not adding the position in the list to the hotkey registration call. It's fixed now.
Code:
self.hotkey_id = obs.obs_hotkey_register_frontend("chat_hotkey_" + str(self.position), key_description, self.callback)

AV_FUCV

First, I wanted to say thanks for this tool - we've using it to control OBS for our Live streams.

I like to report a possible bug similar to the report from PrecisionDave back on 4-Oct-21. I'm trying to use the SetSourceSettings command to update the URL in the Web Browser source. The URL contains '=' characters - e.g. "autoplay=0" - and as reported the substring after the "=" is truncated.

Looking at the code on GitHub, it looks like the parsing of the input command performs a string split on "=" without taking into account whether this a key/value pair or text within a quoted string like a URL.

I don't know VB so can't offer a solution.

AV_FUCV

I tried the suggestion from post #210 (copy/pasted the text and replaced the URL with mine)

As a workaround, you can use /sendjson:​
/sendjson=SetSourceSettings={'sourceName':'Browser Source','sourceSettings':{'url':'https://www.google.com/search?q=query+goes+here'}}​

(Presumably, the correct syntax is /sendjson="jsonstring" rather than /sendjson=jsonstring)

Anyway, I've tried with/without the quotes around the jsonstring and received the following error message in both cases:

OBSCommand.exe /server=127.0.0.1:4444 /password=xxxxxxxxxxxx /sendjson="SetSourceSettings="
Error: sendjson error:
Error reading JObject from JsonReader. Path '', line 0, position 0.

Would appreciate any help/advice folks can provide.

FSC

yes - the "oken" above was just a cut and paste error into the forum. You can see in the actual submission that anything after the equals sign was gone in that string"

Updated json.net for new release

First, I wanted to say thanks for this tool - we've using it to control OBS for our Live streams.

I like to report a possible bug similar to the report from PrecisionDave back on 4-Oct-21. I'm trying to use the SetSourceSettings command to update the URL in the Web Browser source. The URL contains '=' characters - e.g. "autoplay=0" - and as reported the substring after the "=" is truncated.

Looking at the code on GitHub, it looks like the parsing of the input command performs a string split on "=" without taking into account whether this a key/value pair or text within a quoted string like a URL.

I don't know VB so can't offer a solution.

Since quotes get deleted from the command line arguments when passed to the app I made some changes in v1.5.7, now you can use single quotes if you need to preserve equal sign(s), e.g.
/command=SetSourceSettings,sourceName="Browser",sourceSettings=url='https://www.google.com/search?q=query+goes+here'

AV_FUCV

Wow - thanks so much for the prompt support and fix. I have tested the update and can confirm that it works.
Thanks again for this great tool.

Reactions: FSC

FSC

Wow - thanks so much for the prompt support and fix. I have tested the update and can confirm that it works.
Thanks again for this great tool.
You're welcome! Thanks for the feedback and confirmation it's working.

combey

I'm using OBSCommand and it works well. I can set values to OBS but have no idea how to retrieve values, e.g. by using GetTextGDIPlusProperties. Does anyone know is OBSCommand can do that and what the syntax would look like?

FSC

I'm using OBSCommand and it works well. I can set values to OBS but have no idea how to retrieve values, e.g. by using GetTextGDIPlusProperties. Does anyone know is OBSCommand can do that and what the syntax would look like?
This should work:
Code:
/command=GetTextGDIPlusProperties,source="your source name"

KensonPlays

Trying to setup OBSCommand with VoiceAttack, but I keep getting this error:
1655158540607.png

I double checked the password, and it is correct.

megavapor

im need simple change the title live before initiate, im use .bat to start and stop stream automate, via scheduletask , its work, but im need change one by one the titles and midia in youtube, hard job...
need comand to add .bat change title
or change title in open obs, im use (start /d "D:\youtube\obs mega1\bin\64bit" obs64.exe --portable --scene "a" --collection "1" --startstreaming --minimize-to-tray)
or obs script to change title schedule, from list titles ramdom
please sugestions thanks

megavapor

im need simple change the title live before initiate, im use .bat to start and stop stream automate, via scheduletask , its work, but im need change one by one the titles and midia in youtube, hard job...
need comand to add .bat change title
or change title in open obs, im use (start /d "D:\youtube\obs mega1\bin\64bit" obs64.exe --portable --scene "a" --collection "1" --startstreaming --minimize-to-tray)
or obs script to change title schedule, from list titles ramdom
please sugestions thanks