Resource icon

Free Command line tool for obs-websocket plugin (Windows) 1.6.3

richardguenther

...that was too easy. I didn't know, that you could just ignore the grouping of the sources and toggle with "scene"/"source" regardless of the group.
Thanks again for this nice tool.
richard

Hello.
It's a great plugin. I queued up 50 commands at it worked almost instantly - great work. Now I'm trying to show a source in a "Group" but I don't know if or how obs command can acess groups and sources within a group.
Is there a way or should I use another websockets way into obs to accomplish this?
thank you
richard

PixelBeardQc

/command is only for simple or single nested json commands, it is not suitable for complex combinations of nested json commands, you should be able to make this work with the /sendjson feature

I have never worked with json,

I triedusing this as a guide : /sendjson="ReorderSceneItems={'scene': 'MyScene', 'items': [{'name': 'Image'}, {'name': 'Gamecapture'}]}"

but I have no luck, here is waht I got so far : /password=^%$%^$ /sendjson="SetSourceSettings={'sourceName': 'OBSNINJALOANER', 'sourceSettingsurl': 'https://obs.ninja/?view=$allargs&scene&room=test&password=test'}"

Any help from Json pro would be appreciated

FSC

I have never worked with json,

I triedusing this as a guide : /sendjson="ReorderSceneItems={'scene': 'MyScene', 'items': [{'name': 'Image'}, {'name': 'Gamecapture'}]}"

but I have no luck, here is waht I got so far : /password=^%$%^$ /sendjson="SetSourceSettings={'sourceName': 'OBSNINJALOANER', 'sourceSettingsurl': 'https://obs.ninja/?view=$allargs&scene&room=test&password=test'}"

Any help from Json pro would be appreciated

are you sure it is 'sourceSettingsurl' and not just 'url'? (I am looking at your post on page 9)

If you do a "GetSourceSettings" it should list the items and the names you can use

PixelBeardQc

are you sure it is 'sourceSettingsurl' and not just 'url'? (I am looking at your post on page 9)

If you do a "GetSourceSettings" it should list the items and the names you can use
I figured it out with someone's help and you are right.

I am basically replacing the livefeed between guest without having to have all the source loaded at the same time

/sendjson="SetSourceSettings={'sourceName':'OBSNINJALOANER','sourceSettings':{'height': 1080,'reroute_audio': true,'shutdown': false,'url': 'https://obs.ninja/?view=$allargs&scene&room=someroomnameL&password=somepassword','width': 1920}}

lindenkron

Hey FSC!

I'm using NOOBS Cmdr which uses OBS Commander as its core. I'm being told there of some bugs that apparently are due to OBS Commander, and thus hard to fix on their end. I'd hope you'd have a look at them, or help us figure out how to solve the issues. NOOBS Cmdr have been a very useful tool, and therefore obviously so has OBS Commander!

First issue is some audio issue with setting audio. Here's an example using NOOBS Cmdr (I'm being told they're limitations of OBS Commander)
DphQWHW.png

So setting it to 1% (audio volume, 2nd bar) results in this:
https://streamable.com/l3ngl0

wlOnoRd.png

While setting it to 0% (audio volume, 2nd bar) results in this:
https://streamable.com/7kfwq7

As you can see in bottom video example, the bar just doesn't react if audio is set to 0% for some reason. And I don't know if the audio bars jumping around a bit is OBS Commander or NOOBS Cmdr.

Second issue is enabling/disabling sources that are inside groups seems to not be working. There's no need for any elaborate example, it just only shows groups and not the sources inside.

Third issue is enabling/disabling sources with the same name. If you in OBS have three sources called "Black" (color source for example) that are duplicated references with different transformations - then OBS Commander can't tell which is which.

Thanks for your time and dedication!
-lindenkron

FSC

Is a Mac version available?

No, this works only for Windows.

Hey FSC!

I'm using NOOBS Cmdr which uses OBS Commander as its core. I'm being told there of some bugs that apparently are due to OBS Commander, and thus hard to fix on their end. I'd hope you'd have a look at them, or help us figure out how to solve the issues. NOOBS Cmdr have been a very useful tool, and therefore obviously so has OBS Commander!

First issue is some audio issue with setting audio. Here's an example using NOOBS Cmdr (I'm being told they're limitations of OBS Commander)
View attachment 68899
So setting it to 1% (audio volume, 2nd bar) results in this:
https://streamable.com/l3ngl0

View attachment 68900
While setting it to 0% (audio volume, 2nd bar) results in this:
https://streamable.com/7kfwq7

As you can see in bottom video example, the bar just doesn't react if audio is set to 0% for some reason. And I don't know if the audio bars jumping around a bit is OBS Commander or NOOBS Cmdr.

Second issue is enabling/disabling sources that are inside groups seems to not be working. There's no need for any elaborate example, it just only shows groups and not the sources inside.

Third issue is enabling/disabling sources with the same name. If you in OBS have three sources called "Black" (color source for example) that are duplicated references with different transformations - then OBS Commander can't tell which is which.

Thanks for your time and dedication!
-lindenkron

1. I am aware of and have addressed different international decimal separators in my project in the past. I assume this is an issue in the NOOBS Cmdr project
2. OBSCommand's "internal" commands do not support groups, but you should be able to access items in groups by providing the "parentGroupName" with the "/sendjson" command
3. OBSCommand is only a command line interface for obs-websocket, basically it just relays the information to the plugin, what the plugin is capable of or not is in the hands of the obs-websocket plugin developer (link is at the top in the Overview), and also the OBS Studio developers.

Just wanted to say thanks so much for this! It really helped me for a project at new job.

I'm glad to hear that my little tool is so useful for you! Most of the credits belong to the obs-websocket developer "Palakis" as he did most of the heavy lifting and provided a TCP/IP interface and the .net framework for OBS Studio.

aconn91

Oh, only recommendation I have is to add that the zip must be extracted a specific folder (C:\Program Files\obs-studio, rather than C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins). I don't know how to refer to this folder, sorry.

This info would fit perfectly in step 2 of the How to Install section, which is located in the Overview tab.

On the other hand, I'm really quite new to all this stuff, so maybe this is common knowledge, but I think another user had the same issue.

Again, best wishes and thanks for all your work <3.

FSC

The zip file can be extracted anywhere you want, except "C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins" as this folder is for OBS plugins only, like obs-websocket, which OBSCommand is using.
Thanks for pointing this out, I added this note to the overview install section.

usbizupdates

I gave it a try and was not noticing OBS responding. When I tried another MIDI port it crashed. Now it crashes on launch. Does MidiContol save the last used MIDI port? If so where is it stored? I would like to delete any configuration and experiment with other MIDI Ports/ Devices.
usbizupdates.com

FSC

I gave it a try and was not noticing OBS responding. When I tried another MIDI port it crashed. Now it crashes on launch. Does MidiContol save the last used MIDI port? If so where is it stored? I would like to delete any configuration and experiment with other MIDI Ports/ Devices.
usbizupdates.com
This is the discussion for OBSCommand, has nothing to do with MidiControl for OBS

FSC

I'm unable to change my stream key using obscommand. Not sure what how it expects input. I tried /command=SetStreamSettings,settings.key=<Key comes here> but I always get 'settings are required'

This works for me:
Code:
obscommand /command=SetStreamSettings,settings=key="YourKeyInHere"

awrebels

Is there a way to differentiate "referenced" sources? In other words I have multiple sources with the same source name in a scene. Right now it seems to only toggle the first instance. thanks!

some53

Hello,

I'm trying to set recording folder location with OBSCommand, for this I've tried to use

OBSCommand.exe /command=SetRecordingFolder="D:\Programs" /startrecording
this gives following output but starts recording (not in the mentioned location though)
Error with command "SetRecordingFolder=D:\Programs": invalid request type

and

OBSCommand.exe /SetRecordingFolder="D:\Programs" /startrecording
This however doesn't throw any error and starts recording but not in the mentioned location either.

I've also tried OBSCommand.exe /startrecording /saveToFilePath="D:\Programs\test.mkv" but no success.

Can someone please tell me how can I set recording folder with OBSCommand?

lindenkron

Hey FSC!

Referencing this post https://obsproject.com/forum/thread...bs-websocket-plugin-windows.80243/post-516939 the NOOBS Cmdr dev said
As for the audio thing, that seems to be a bug with OBSCommand, although there may be something I can do about it

It's really strange behaviour. These two lines are practically identical, yet the second one does not work:
Code:
/setvolume=""01 - Casters"",0,10
/setvolume=""02 - Music/Desktop"",0,10

It's not a decimal thing in the commands sent at least. I've tested without / in the name too. The second audio bar just doesn't move. However if I set it to
Code:
/setvolume=""02 - Music/Desktop"",1,10
It works (unfortunately only bringing it 1% audio, obviously), but it's with this very janky and non-smooth motion

Are you absolutely sure OBS Commander is solidly not the cause of this? Seeing as the script generated by NOOBS Cmdr seems identical, I don't know where else to look than the tool that's passing the information on. This has been a thing for months now - really looking for a fix.

Thanks for your time,
-lindenkron

FSC

Is there a way to differentiate "referenced" sources? In other words I have multiple sources with the same source name in a scene. Right now it seems to only toggle the first instance. thanks!

Sorry I don't know if you can work around that without renaming your sources uniquely

Hello,

I'm trying to set recording folder location with OBSCommand, for this I've tried to use

OBSCommand.exe /command=SetRecordingFolder="D:\Programs" /startrecording
this gives following output but starts recording (not in the mentioned location though)
Error with command "SetRecordingFolder=D:\Programs": invalid request type

and

OBSCommand.exe /SetRecordingFolder="D:\Programs" /startrecording
This however doesn't throw any error and starts recording but not in the mentioned location either.

I've also tried OBSCommand.exe /startrecording /saveToFilePath="D:\Programs\test.mkv" but no success.

Can someone please tell me how can I set recording folder with OBSCommand?

Answered here: https://github.com/REALDRAGNET/OBSCommand/issues/5

There appears to be no edit button for posts on this forum after a certain amount of time. Interesting. Continuing above:

Considering this is what the Websocket allows https://github.com/Palakis/obs-websocket/blob/4.x-current/docs/generated/protocol.md#setvolume you must be doing some sort of magic in the backend of OBSCommander. That's why I keep coming back to it being some sort of issue here :)

-lindenkron

Check latest version 1.5.5, /setvolume should behave much better now