Color Correction issue

WildStarX3

Hi, all!

I'm still learning a lot with OBS and have figured out a good chunk of it. However, a problem arises when I record. The issue is that, while i'm playing the game, the colors are washed out but when I'm alt-tabbed out of the game (like say, on the internet or any other program) the recording looks great with sharp colors and everything. Below are 2 examples of the same scene.

Menu:

While in game
While alt-tabbed out of game

Gameplay:

While in game
While alt-tabbed out of game

I've scoured the internet looking for an answer to fix this. Tried color correction, messed with OBS settings (Partial, Full, RGB, NV12), used different players (Built in Win10 player, VLC, even using Premiere Pro) and the issue is still there. Washed out colors. It also boggles the mind that the colors look fine while alt-tabbed to another program but become washed out the moment the game becomes the main program all while recording. I'm using an Ryzen 5 3600 (CPU) and an RX 5700 (GPU) if that makes any difference.

WildStarX3

If anyone seeing this has the same issue, I've figured it out. One answer I found was turning off HDR on your monitor. Mine was off. However, when messing with my in-game settings, I found the HDR option turned on. After turning it off, the colors seem right and dont change whether alt-tabbed out or not. Hope this helps you!