Resource icon

CLR Browser Source Plugin [OBS Classic ONLY]

Gfox_1

Dude, I could kiss you. Thank you so much, this has stopped a week of torture and under par looking streams. Thanks again

mcacciatore116

For future reference, here is where to get the version of OBS that works with CLR Browser:

https://github.com/jp9000/OBS/releases/tag/0.651b

Steps to downgrade:

1. In OBS, go to Scene Collection at the top and export your scenes
  2. Go to Profiles and export those too
  3. Uninstall OBS
  4. Download the Installer version of OBS 0.651b from the link above
  5. Install OBS 0.651b
  6. Launch OBS
Your scenes and profile should all be there automatically, but just in case they are, go to Scene Collection/Profiles at the top and import them (this is why we exported them to be safe).

GlitchedSlayer

I have tried using this but the plugin doesn't pop-up on OBS. Ive been trying for literally hours uninstalling and re-installing the 2 programs you need downloaded and the files you need to install into OBS plugins.

HELP

For future reference, here is where to get the version of OBS that works with CLR Browser:

https://github.com/jp9000/OBS/releases/tag/0.651b

Steps to downgrade:

1. In OBS, go to Scene Collection at the top and export your scenes
  2. Go to Profiles and export those too
  3. Uninstall OBS
  4. Download the Installer version of OBS 0.651b from the link above
  5. Install OBS 0.651b
  6. Launch OBS
Your scenes and profile should all be there automatically, but just in case they are, go to Scene Collection/Profiles at the top and import them (this is why we exported them to be safe).

tried that and still isnt working i am guessing it has something to do with windows 10 compatibility not allowing it to be run with obs?

GlitchedSlayer

tried that and still isnt working i am guessing it has something to do with windows 10 compatibility not allowing it to be run with obs?
I just now did it and what i did is I went the the folder before the plugins and clicked the obs launcher there which for me was the one with the 64x bit title instead of just not x bit on the title.

I just now did it and what i did is I went the the folder before the plugins and clicked the obs launcher there which for me was the one with the 64x bit title instead of just not x bit on the title.

not quite sure what you did. I noticed windows was blocking the dll files and unblocked them all but didnt effect anything sadly. obs does see it as a plugin but i cant seem to add them as sources.

GlitchedSlayer

not quite sure what you did. I noticed windows was blocking the dll files and unblocked them all but didnt effect anything sadly. obs does see it as a plugin but i cant seem to add them as sources.
When you go into the OBS folder that contains the pluggin folders, see if there is a OBS exe that has the logo or somethig similar next to it.

Faruton

Developer
I don't have a machine capable of running windows 10, so until then I'm unable to really verify/check/develop anything regarding this

spoonhandle

Having the same trouble at win 10, installed, uninstalled - back-up and downloaded and comfirmed that the plugin is on the right spot. Solution? @Faruton

I'm having the same problem in Windows 10. Tried older versions of OBS as well... plugin shows up in the list of plugins in OBS, but there is no option to add CLR Browser as a source and there are no CLR Browser settings options.

.Net and MS Visual C++ Run Times show latest are installed.

I read you're not able to check @Faruton, which is understandable, I just wanted to add that I'm having the same issue as @Per Rudhamn

Per Rudhamn

I'm having the same problem in Windows 10. Tried older versions of OBS as well... plugin shows up in the list of plugins in OBS, but there is no option to add CLR Browser as a source and there are no CLR Browser settings options.

.Net and MS Visual C++ Run Times show latest are installed.

I read you're not able to check @Faruton, which is understandable, I just wanted to add that I'm having the same issue as @Per Rudhamn

Exactly the same here "plugin shows up in the list of plugins in OBS, but there is no option to add CLR Browser as a source and there are no CLR Browser settings options."

spoonhandle

I looked at the OBS log and it says the following:

CLR host plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 4 strings
CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to load and start the .NET runtime (null)
CLRHost::Initialize() Found version v2.0.50727 .NET runtime
CLRHost::Initialize() Found version v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to use v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() load the assembly plugins\CLRHostPlugin\CLRHost.Interop.dll
CLR host plugin instance deleted; removing dynamically loaded localization strings

Not sure if that gives any useful information...

spoonhandle

So, I don't know why this worked, but both the 64 and 32 bit versions are coming up fine now.

First I noticed for some reason that Windows 10 had my home network connection as public instead of private (I'm guessing this is just a coincidence), I changed it to private.

I uninstalled OBS then deleted any folders left over from installation.

Reinstalled OBS, then installed the plugins.

CLR plugin loads properly.