Resource icon

CLR Browser Source Plugin [OBS Classic ONLY]

Faruton

Developer
This seems to have been resolved on irc. Upgrading the C++ Runtimes/.NET4.5.2 will usually fix the 0x8007007e error.

Dgasca

I have the same issue as Superretrobros
21:24:03: CLR host plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 4 strings
21:24:03: CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to load and start the .NET runtime (null)
21:24:03: CLRHost::Initialize() Found version v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
21:24:03: CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to use v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
21:24:04: CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() load the assembly plugins\CLRHostPlugin\CLRHost.Interop.dll
21:24:04: CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() failed to load the assembly: 0x8007007e
21:24:04: Video Source Plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 52 strings
21:24:09: CLR host plugin instance deleted; removing dynamically loaded localization strings
21:24:09: Video Source Plugin instance deleted; removing dynamically loaded localization strings

I have updated to .net 4.5.2

I try to download the offline update and i get this message.
Details

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4.5 redistributable.

Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4.5 has already been installed on this computer.

I am running Windows 8 64 bit system. I have updated Windows and made sure my drivers are up to date.

I have restarted everything. I had updated to OBS version 6.31 but didn't work. I uninstalled and installed OBS version 6.25 and re added the plug in and nothing.
here is what the Plugins button looks like
Plugins.PNG

and here is what it looks like when i try to add a source, the browser doesn't show up.
Sources.png

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Plugins.PNG
    Plugins.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 57
  • Sources.png
    Sources.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 55

Helixia

@Dgasca: Thank you for the Microsoft link!!
CLR is working for me again :).

Another question i have more than one version of Visual C++.
Can i safely remove the earlier versions?

Faruton

Developer
You may unintentionally break other applications that depend on them as they are not specific to the CLR plugin. My recommendation is just to leave them as they are fairly innocuous.

Faruton

Developer
That is unfortunately not the log.

Also remember to install the redist runtimes for the architecture you plan to use (x86 for 32bit, x64 for 64bit)

Help->Log Files->Upload Last Log file

Last edited:

DavidTheWin

Code:
00:26:28: CLR host plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 4 strings
00:26:28: CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to load and start the .NET runtime (null)
00:26:28: CLRHost::Initialize() Found version v2.0.50727 .NET runtime
00:26:28: CLRHost::Initialize() Found version v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
00:26:28: CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to use v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
00:26:28: CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() load the assembly plugins\CLRHostPlugin\CLRHost.Interop.dll
00:26:28: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() attempting to load the plugin assembly CLRBrowserSourcePlugin
00:26:28: CLRHost:: Could not find/load browser settings at location C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\OBS\pluginData\browser.json
00:26:28: CLRHost:: Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\OBS\pluginData\browser.json'.
00:26:28: File name: 'C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\OBS\pluginData\browser.json'
00:26:28:    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
00:26:28:    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
00:26:28:    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
00:26:28:    at CLRBrowserSourcePlugin.Shared.BrowserSettings.Reload()
00:26:28: CLRHost::LoadPlugins() successfully added CLR plugin [Type: CLRBrowserSourcePlugin.CLRBrowserSourcePlugin, Name: CLR Browser Source Plugin]
00:26:34: CLR host plugin instance deleted; removing dynamically loaded localization strings

Any help? I've checked and the .net 4.5.2 runtime is definitely installed (checked the registry setting), updated msvcrt using the links on the page, OBS installed to C:\Program Files\OBS and plugins going to C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins, version 0.631b. My plugins menu looks like

53c10fe454.png

EDIT: Turns out I was mistaken, the plugin does load and the current sources are usable and I can add new sources, not sure why that exception happens but at least I can use it :D

Last edited:

Faruton

Developer
The exception is a bit misleading as it happens the first time you load it (fresh install or upgrade)

After that the file is recreated and you shouldn't see the error anymore

shaolin

I`ve got the same error as him!

here is the log window Faturon.'

http://imgur.com/Huns5WrI

I've tried the latest x64 release!

Edit:

I forgot to check the Overview page after the update. I had to install both things listed on the page and got it working as a charm now. My bad

Last edited:

Faruton

Developer
Faruton updated CLR Browser Source Plugin with a new update entry:

Video(h264) and Audio(mp3) tags supported, minor bug fixes

Changes
  • <video> tags support h264
  • <audio> tags support mp3
  • Mime type detection in templates
Bug fixes
  • Crash that appeared only while debugging regarding WPF threads not shutting down cleanly causing the AppDomain unload to throw an exception

32bit:
http://catchexception.org/CBSP/CLRBrowserSourcePlugin-20140909x86.7z

64bit: http://catchexception.org/CBSP/CLRBrowserSourcePlugin-20140909x64.7z

Read the rest of this update entry...

ball2hi

@Sapiens
Reinstalled both of them. Desert IRC still isn't working, nor is Gamepad display still working. I made sure to install the 32bit MSVCRT 2013, and then 64bit.

I then installed .NET 4.5.2 (from the link) web install. Then reinstalled it via repair feature.

Code:
12:00:33: CLR host plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 4 strings
12:00:33: CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to load and start the .NET runtime (null)
12:00:33: CLRHost::Initialize() Found version v2.0.50727 .NET runtime
12:00:33: CLRHost::Initialize() Found version v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
12:00:33: CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to use v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
12:00:34: CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() load the assembly plugins\CLRHostPlugin\CLRHost.Interop.dll
12:00:34: CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() failed to load the assembly: 0x8007007e
12:00:34: Server Ping plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 24 strings
I don't know why it's not using 4.5.2... going to try an offline install then.

Here's a link to a bigger logfile I guess: https://gist.github.com/ca2eb9ef2e5392bc4030

EDIT: Reinstalled the browser source plugin fresh... now I can't open OBS because it insta-crashes.

Last edited: