Resource icon

CLR Browser Source Plugin [OBS Classic ONLY]

moziklol

@moziklol The 64-bit version of OBS is installed to C:\Program Files\OBS, so your 64-bit plugins should go in C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins.

I don't have an OBS folder in Program Files, on Program Files (x86). I installed the 64-bit CLR to both C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\plugins and C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\64bit\plugins and it did not work still.

Wolfie

I don't have an OBS folder in Program Files, on Program Files (x86). I installed the 64-bit CLR to both C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\plugins and C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\64bit\plugins and it did not work still.
The "x86" Program Files folder is for 32bit programs. So the OBS installed there is 32bit and you should use the 32bit version of the plugin there. If you don't have the 64 bit version of OBS installed, then you won't have a folder for it in the "Program Files" folder.

Wolfie

Faruton perhaps you can assist me. I've been trying different ways I can think of but there are issues no matter what. So a couple of solutions that come to mind would rely on you and would of course depend on if you consider it important enough to address or not.

1. Include some way to do some php scripting. I'm not talking full fledged website support, but being able to do file_get, loops, json decoding, etc would work wonders. For the template tab, being able to toggle that to be PHP (vs straight HTML) would do the trick, assuming it's possible.

2. What I'm trying to do is load a customized page from the web and it has a refresh built into it so it updates roughly every 10 seconds. Sometimes, though, the page will fail to load. What I've tried to do is to put it into an iframe so that there's a way to keep the data refreshing even if the page fails to load (since it would still get a refresh). However, when doing this, the area/block I've designated for the source makes a noticeable flash. If the page is simple (no iframe for example) then this generally hasn't been a problem. Anytime I try to have a page-within-a-page, there's a flash issue which is rather annoying. Not sure if there's some way to make it so that an option can be toggled to load content first before updating what is displayed. Or easier, add an option to auto refresh the source every so often :P that would definitely work for me. lol

3. In relation to #2, before the last CLR update, it would be seamless (the page autorefreshing would happen but you wouldn't really notice it unless there was a noticeable change in the content). Now, it tends to clear away and load. Not sure if any of what I've said makes any sense though I could show you examples of it. Almost has me thinking of reverting to the previous version.

Oh and before I forget, this plugin is REALLY nice. Makes a lot of things easily possible. Keep up the good work dude.

etrnlwait

Hi guys.

Something I noticed after the update is that now there are multi instances of the CLRBrowser process running, is this expected?

I can see my FPS dropped a bit in CS:GO, and it's only happening when using the new version.

Thanks.

moziklol

The "x86" Program Files folder is for 32bit programs. So the OBS installed there is 32bit and you should use the 32bit version of the plugin there. If you don't have the 64 bit version of OBS installed, then you won't have a folder for it in the "Program Files" folder.

But I'm trying to say that I've downloaded BOTH the 64 bit and 32 bit version of the client and installed them AT DIFFERENT TIMES to see if it would worked. Meaning I extracted the 32 bit version in to C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\plugins, checked, didn't work, deleted it. Then I extracted to C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\64bit\plugins and it didn't work. I did the same for the 64 bit and it didn't work.

Wolfie

But I'm trying to say that I've downloaded BOTH the 64 bit and 32 bit version of the client and installed them AT DIFFERENT TIMES to see if it would worked. Meaning I extracted the 32 bit version in to C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\plugins, checked, didn't work, deleted it. Then I extracted to C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\64bit\plugins and it didn't work. I did the same for the 64 bit and it didn't work.
Extract the contents of the '64bit' folder to the 'plugins' folder of "C:\Program Files\OBS\" Also what file are you downloading? I don't see a '64bit' folder in any of the CLR browser plugin files I've looked it. From the sounds of it, you're extracting the files to the wrong places.

Flameshocker

Hey guys i have wierd problem atm i just installed the plugin(http://prntscr.com/4mo8rx) but i cant seem to find the tab were to add in the browser into the stream http://prntscr.com/4CLR host plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 4 strings
Logs:
CLR host plugin strings not found, dynamically loading 4 strings
CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to load and start the .NET runtime (null)
CLRHost::Initialize() Found version v2.0.50727 .NET runtime
CLRHost::Initialize() Found version v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
CLRHost::Initialize() attempting to use v4.0.30319 .NET runtime
CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() load the assembly plugins\CLRHostPlugin\CLRHost.Interop.dll
CLRHost::LoadInteropLibrary() failed to load the assembly: 0x8007007e
CLR host plugin instance deleted; removing dynamically loaded localization strings

Last edited:

Hatton

Hey,

I installed the plugin. It shows up in the plugin section as "CLR Host Plugin" (http://i.imgur.com/wa4tNcj.png). However I cannot see the "Browser Source" when I go to add it in the scene. (http://i.imgur.com/2boyOd2.png)

I have triple checked the installation version and file folders. Both are 64 bit.

I updated my .NET to the specified patch.

I've even reinstalled OBS and re-did the plugin installation but get the same problem.

Is this plugin not working anymore or am I missing something?

EDIT: Nevermind I did some more reading after this post and found that I had to install this: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

It now shows up fine. :)

Last edited:

Sapiens

Forum Moderator
@Faruton I notice that a command prompt window is spawned and quickly disappears when I begin recording/streaming with a CLR source. Is this normal behavior? Is there a way to suppress it? It steals focus from games running in fullscreen mode and causes them to minimize. :(

HappyAshes

One last proposition from me Faruton:
Can you add the ability to use the video capture Chromakey filter for CLR Browser (OBS is opensource so it should be easy to rearrange the code for your plugin) ? As you know, I'm using my webcam through an html file and I forgot that there is no chromekeying in CLR Browser :s I know there is a way in html to add a chromakey in javascript but its a real pain in the ass (I tried several code) and I thought the simplest way would be to ask you to add it. Besides my problem, some other people may find an use for it too.. Well, I'm stuck with my problem which is not inherent to your plugin but I can't find a way to make it work the way I wanted..

If I use normal video capture with chromakey, my torso have an ugly cut, if I use CLR, I'm in a lovely circle but without chromakey. I wanted it to not be stuck with the webcam on the bottom of my stream so I'm going with the circle but its still not enough x)

Sooo.. I just need an answer from you, will you think about for the next release? Do you have an other way for me? :s
Thanks again for your help and plugin, I'm still happy with it! :D

Jenoki

trying to get a WebM video to loop in the plugin, but it's not :(

I use this:

Code:
<video width="320" height="240" loop autoplay>
  <source src="video.webm" type="video/webm">
</video>

Which works fine in chrome, but when I use the html in this plug, it doesn't loop.

Any work arounds?

Jenoki

Ah, yes! That indeed seems to be the issue. I just tried, and if I tell it to grab the file from my server, it loops just fine. But if I tell it find from my hard drive locally... no loops.

Hopefully there is a way to support it, but at least we know how to get it to work in anycase ^.^

Thanks for the help!

moziklol

Extract the contents of the '64bit' folder to the 'plugins' folder of "C:\Program Files\OBS\" Also what file are you downloading? I don't see a '64bit' folder in any of the CLR browser plugin files I've looked it. From the sounds of it, you're extracting the files to the wrong places.

I'm downloading the plugin from the links "32bit: http://catchexception.org/CBSP/CLRBrowserSourcePlugin-20140909x86.7z" & "64bit: http://catchexception.org/CBSP/CLRBrowserSourcePlugin-20140909x64.7z"

I've extracted the 64 bit to C:\Program Files\OBS\Plugins already. It did not work.

Jack0r

The Helping Squad
@moziklol, did you check or post a log file? it should show an error if you put the files in the correct folder.
Also, most people so far did not install VS 2013 or .net 4.5.* and doing so fixed their problems.

moziklol

@moziklol, did you check or post a log file? it should show an error if you put the files in the correct folder.
Also, most people so far did not install VS 2013 or .net 4.5.* and doing so fixed their problems.

That was it thank you. For anyone wondering, I installed .NET 4.5.2 (both 32 & 64 bit) and updated my msvcrt to 2013 (links to both these on the Overview page). After that I installed the 64 bit version of CLR to C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\64bit\plugins and the 32 bit version to C:\Program Files (x86)\OBS\plugins. Both now work.