Resource icon

Closed Captioning via Google Speech Recognition 0.0.8

therealdadbeard

Hi there,
it seems like there is some sort of bug or an issue. When using the plugin it stops working after a while and shortly it works fine again. Using German settings. Why are there breaks in the transaltions?

Exactly the same issue, hope this gets fixed as when it works it's really good

Mark Weiss

Not sure if it's working correctly. I extracted the ZIP file into the obs-studio folder. It created a folder "OBS-captions-plugin-master" and then I started OBS. Under Tools I see:
1642648982570.png

But I don't see any captions appearing when I have audio input to OBS.

cac2244

Just as user Bradtem mentioned, I also use OBS as a virtual webcam for international meetings and it would be so great if i could just output the translated (or not) captions to my screen.

McPyrrhic

I'm not sure if I did something wrong. I've installed this plugin once before, without any issues, but this time I see this. It doesn't really give any useful options and appears to only work for Microsoft text to speech?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-04-20 004738.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-20 004738.png
    5 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot 2022-04-20 004803.png
    Screenshot 2022-04-20 004803.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 75

MonicaElleRose

I'm not sure if I did something wrong. I've installed this plugin once before, without any issues, but this time I see this. It doesn't really give any useful options and appears to only work for Microsoft text to speech?

make sure you are using cloud based captions and not experimental (which uses window)

1650869716793.png

1650869670171.png

1650869725687.png

wippercnmfpc

I have added this plugin and found the dock and the placed the dock box into the bottom OBS Studio window. I added an audio source "Closed Caption" and it picks I can see the text generated within the box. But I am unable to see the text on the screen.
I set captioning up to display when recording to test but find no text anywhere in the video. I am recording both in mov and also remux to mp4 as a backup.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be the issue.
Closed Caption.jpg
Closed Caption 3.jpg
Closed Caption 2.jpg

JusJayD

I have added this plugin and found the dock and the placed the dock box into the bottom OBS Studio window. I added an audio source "Closed Caption" and it picks I can see the text generated within the box. But I am unable to see the text on the screen.
I set captioning up to display when recording to test but find no text anywhere in the video. I am recording both in mov and also remux to mp4 as a backup.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be the issue.View attachment 83460View attachment 83459View attachment 83458
What screen are you looking for it on?

wippercnmfpc

I was trying to record a trial run and could see the source box in the pictures added to the intial request. I could see the text appear in the obs control area and when I finished the recording, I went to the folder and pulled up the video and no text appeared in the areas where I expected the screen to show the text.

I understand that it will not appear on the screen during the capture and should only appear during the actual stream online or on the recording once finished and viewed after the end of the recording. I have saved the recording in both the standard streaming format and remux to mp4 for other usage. I expected to see the text visible in both recording formats.

One other thing, can you program the locatoin that this text will appear when using obs?

DJFrANKyEHP

@RatWithACompiler Thanks you very much for this plugin.

It is very useful overall for the people who cannot hear good or even for the people that while understand the language don't want to hear the sound and just want to read while seeing the stream. I use it always in all my 'Streams'.

The only side effect if that the 'Google API' sometimes doesn't recognize good the voice and sometimes can write a wrong word, but in general can be used very good.

Again thanks a lot for this plugin.

NOTE: All creators are credited as 'Plug-ins Creator' at the credits of my 'Streams' at the end of them. ;)

wippercnmfpc

Sorry for the delay, medical issues, I was wondering if the text would also be seen in a recording? the computer that I am using doesn't hva a camera so I tried to record a test stream of just audio, the text appeared in the box but not on the recording.

when I get things working, I will add this to a computer that has a professional PTZ camera attached to a dedicated computer and OBS Studio most current edition.

I will try again when I do a full text with the actual equipment but wanted to text prior to spending time remotely.

JusJayD

Sorry for the delay, medical issues, I was wondering if the text would also be seen in a recording? the computer that I am using doesn't hva a camera so I tried to record a test stream of just audio, the text appeared in the box but not on the recording.

when I get things working, I will add this to a computer that has a professional PTZ camera attached to a dedicated computer and OBS Studio most current edition.

I will try again when I do a full text with the actual equipment but wanted to text prior to spending time remotely.
No it doesnt show in recordings. The plugin uses the Twitch Player built in Closed Captioning function

Landie

Where is the config file stored? I've looked in AppData, plugin configs in the obs directory, and I can't find anything

Smart Net

Need some advise to start using this great plugin with NETFLIX on OBS. Looking for languages does not supported by netflix.. Who's with me?

SSBCSound

I am not familiar with Twitch. We want to be able to close caption our church's livestream to Vimeo. This plugin works well in the control area and I like how natively it works within OBS without the use of a website and screen capture. Is there any other way to get that to our actual livestream without Twitch?

Tomasz Góral

I am not familiar with Twitch. We want to be able to close caption our church's livestream to Vimeo. This plugin works well in the control area and I like how natively it works within OBS without the use of a website and screen capture. Is there any other way to get that to our actual livestream without Twitch?
Add text elemet to scene, in plugin as output select added text element.