Choppy videos

qhobbes

1. In Windows, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
2. Remove Display Capture and build your scene with Window/Game/Video Capture etc. Only use Display Capture in it's own scene if you absolutely need to capture Windows stuff such as Start menu and Desktop.
3. Your log contains no recording session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS after making the above changes.
2) Start your recording for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.

pulk

1. In Windows, we recommend that "Game Mode" be enabled. Game Mode can be enabled via the Windows "Settings" app, under Gaming > Game Mode.
2. Remove Display Capture and build your scene with Window/Game/Video Capture etc. Only use Display Capture in it's own scene if you absolutely need to capture Windows stuff such as Start menu and Desktop.
3. Your log contains no recording session. Results of this log analysis are limited. Please post a link to a clean log file.
To make a clean log file, please follow these steps:

1) Restart OBS after making the above changes.
2) Start your recording for at least 30 seconds. Make sure you replicate any issues as best you can, which means having any games/apps open and captured, etc.
3) Stop your recording.
4) Select Help > Log Files > Upload Current Log File. Send that link here.
I've done what you suggested. The only thing I can note of difference is the rapid drop in framerate I have while recording now. This is a pc issue but I'd love some optimization tips if you have any.

Here's the log: https://obsproject.com/logs/3fWfe6j0oLD81cPz

The past 4 recordings (all under the new settings) are also attached, including the linked one. I did this since it seems to make a new log every time I close obs, which is why the previous log didn't work either.

Attachments

• 2024-04-15 19-24-51.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 2024-04-15 19-21-03.txt
    14.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 2024-04-15 19-17-17.txt
    20.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2024-04-15 18-50-20.txt
    38.5 KB · Views: 2

qhobbes

Based on you 2024-04-15-19-17-17-txt file:
1. Your GPU is maxed out and OBS can't render scenes fast enough. Running a game without vertical sync or a frame rate limiter will frequently cause performance issues with OBS because your GPU will be maxed out. OBS requires a little GPU to render your scene.

Enable Vsync/G-Sync or set a reasonable frame rate limit that your GPU can handle without hitting 100% usage.

If that's not enough you may also need to turn down some of the video quality options in the game. If you are experiencing issues in general while using OBS, your GPU may be overloaded for the settings you are trying to use.

Please check our guide for ideas why this may be happening, and steps you can take to correct it: GPU Overload Issues.
2. The encoder is skipping frames because of CPU overload. Read about General Performance and Encoding Issues. Start with changing the Video output FPS from 60 to 30.