Choppy recordings, other threads not helping

veiledparadox

Hey! I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, since I just made my account today. I've been having some issues with OBS, and I remember having this same issue in the past with an older version. I somehow fixed it back then, but I can't remember what I did.

Basically, I use OBS to record the Sims 4. Nothing too strenuous. When I'm recording, the game runs fine and the preview of the game capture seems fine as well, maybe a little slower if anything. But nothing too concerning. However when I play back the recordings pre-editing (both MKV and remuxed MP4 files), they're extremely choppy and awful to look at. Another oddity, it lagged MORE when I lowered my game settings.

For reference, I have all Windows Game settings off. I am only running a game capture, not a display capture. I have an HP Laptop 15 with an Intel Core i7 CPU (10th Gen). It runs with Iris Plus graphics and I have 8GB of RAM. Please let me know what I can provide to help get this issue solved. Just keep in mind I'm not very good with tech stuff, so if you can dumb something down, you probably should! Thanks!

Additionally, I need to get the choppy recordings fixed. I tried an application to fix corrupted files but it didn't do anything.

Log File: https://obsproject.com/logs/Of-Aksssn6mnGmE7