Jake Kelton

Hi guys!

I'm trying to connect multiple webcams of the same type to OBS. I have a HD Pro Webcam (logitech) C920, and two Webcam (logitech) C170. It runs both the C920 and one C170 fine, but when I go to add a source for the second C170, it doesn't show anything. I even thought I would change the device names to different things, thinking that might be messing it up because they are the same name, but while my computer recognizes them with different names, OBS doesn't, so the issue remains. Any suggestions? Ideally I would be able to run all three webcams simultaneously.

Thanks for any help!
-Jake Kelton

This does not allow you to have each camera as a different source and active. With the share driver, only one camera can be active. Studio mode does not show both active cameras and you could never do a picture in a picture or side by side with the two cameras. Tell me I'm missing something and make my day .... PLEASE!

jan_007

Hello All!

You have not mentioned the platform on which you are running the OBS but by a coincidence I have face the same issue on Linux OBS, latest version 25.0.8. From video on YouTube there is one important point which is:

Use different USB HUB inside your computer, that fixed the problem for me. You have to check your USB topology. For some computers there might be just one USB root HUB which might render my recommendation useless.

In my case I was able to connect Mifrosoft Life Cam and some Genius Live! cam I have put both into the same scene and bot of them produced video. The only thing I have had to do was to plug the cams into different ports. One was actually plugged into the USB3 external powered hub and one directly into computer USB port (USB2)

Below is an excerpt from lsusb -t (actually the USB3 bus compatibility layer has moved the second cam into the same USB2 though)

Note: The cams appear as uvcvideo.

Code:
/:  Bus 03.Port 1: Dev 1, Class=root_hub, Driver=xhci_hcd/14p, 480M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 2, If 0, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 2, If 1, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 3: Dev 2, If 2, Class=Human Interface Device, Driver=usbhid, 12M
    |__ Port 6: Dev 9, If 0, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M
    |__ Port 6: Dev 9, If 1, Class=Video, Driver=uvcvideo, 480M

but both live pictures work in OBS