Can't reconnect after internet going down then coming back online

Butterlord120

I've been having this problem recently where if I'm live and my internet goes out and comes back online, OBS just won't reconnect at all. If I hit stop streaming then try to hit start streaming that just doesn't do anything. If I try to close OBS in this state I have to keep clicking close basically until Windows says its not responding then close it from there. I attached a recent log if that's any help as well.

Attachments

• 2021-09-15 09-50-42.txt
    77 KB · Views: 41

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Unfortunately that log only shows you exiting OBS after it disconnects. We would need a log from when the problem happens.

Butterlord120

Unfortunately that log only shows you exiting OBS after it disconnects. We would need a log from when the problem happens.

Ah was hoping that was the right one. Does this one show the problem?

Attachments

• 2021-09-15 00-12-26.txt
    80.3 KB · Views: 57

R1CH

Forum Admin
Developer
Yes, you have the reconnect timeout set to 0 seconds, this is known to cause bugs. Set it at least 1+ seconds.

Butterlord120

Yes, you have the reconnect timeout set to 0 seconds, this is known to cause bugs. Set it at least 1+ seconds.

Thank you, that did fix the crashing issue I've been having. I found out it was happening anytime I opened OBS and tried to close it regardless if I was live or not.