Question / Help Cant figure out how to use RodeCaster Pro Multi Track recording to make separate channels in Audio Mixer

AshtonKosher

I can't figure out how to make separate channels for my RodeCaster Pro on OBS. It only recognizes the entire device, so all the sound coming from the computer, microphones, phone calls, etc. all are coming from the one audio source.

mahjong

This instructions are for Windows but for sure you will find out how to translate this into Mac-language.

To get separate channels in OBS from Rodecaster Pro is not easy but feasible:

1) Install OBS
2) Install Reaper with the option ReaRoute

This will generate an ASIO interface called ReaRoute in your system

3) Install the ASIO plugin in OBS
4) Open Reaper choose Rodecaster Pro Multichannel and select 14 channels:

1607423274862.png

5) Then add tracks in Reaper. For example, Mic1 in your Rodecaster Pro is Input 3 and Sound Pad are channels 13 and 14.

1607423575886.png

6) Then in the channel add a hardware route to a ReaRoute channel. As an example Mic1 to ReaRoute 3 and SoundPad to ReaRoute 13 and 14. You could use ReaRoute 1, and ReaRoute 2 and 3, but I keep same number to clarify:

1607423648247.png

1607423736684.png

7) So now we can use separate channels in OBS for Mic1 and for SoundPad. We launch OBS and add an ASIO Input source and set it like this to add Mic 1:

1607423895290.png

8) Now add another ASIO Input for Soundpad cofigured like this:

1607423996687.png

9) Now in Reaper we arm to record the two channels (red dot left in the channel):

1607424079839.png

10) OBS will look like this:

1607424130827.png

11) Last step is to set up Mic 1 at OBS as a Mono channel. Click the gear under Mic 1 and choose Advance Sound Options and the set up Mono for that channel:

1607424248726.png

12) DONE, Start streaming or record. If you what to record from OBS in different channels go back to advanced sound options and choose the channels you want:

1607424438378.png

I hope this helps.

DannCozey

Hi there, great to see that the multi track is possible! My question is, is it possible to do the same thing with Adobe Audition? Many thanks

oneiropagides

Hi there, great to see that the multi track is possible! My question is, is it possible to do the same thing with Adobe Audition? Many thanks
Super-easy in Adobe Audition. No complicated workarounds are needed. See this tutorial here:

FireAndMischief

Ok, I installed the ASIO plug in for OBS but I'm not seeing the ReaRoute Channels as Audio sources, also I'm having all kinds of routin problems with the RODECASTER altogether, like it rerouting the USB in an Infinite loop causing massive feedback.

borntosowdeath

Ok, I installed the ASIO plug in for OBS but I'm not seeing the ReaRoute Channels as Audio sources, also I'm having all kinds of routin problems with the RODECASTER altogether, like it rerouting the USB in an Infinite loop causing massive feedback.
You have to install OBS ASIO plugin.

nordros

ASIO for OBS is a great thing. So you don't have to play around with Reaper anymore.
The integration of separate channels is great.

There is only one problem now. The recording of the channels is quieter than the Master Mix. Does anyone know a solution for this?

trex99

I figured out how to solve this. You need audio drivers called Blackhole and VB cable. Then you need at least one DAW program. I use garage band and reaper. Then you need to go to preferences in the DAW and choose Blackhole/VB cable as your output source and rode multichannel as input. In garage band and reaper you can separate out which mic/chanel you want in the track interface. This will then route the mic you. need from the DAW to OBS. When you choose Blackhole as input source in OBS you will get the mic you set up in the DAW. I stressed a lot to figure this out, but it works. The downside is that you need one DAW and one virtual audio driver (Blackhole/ vb cable) for each mic. I only need to seperate 2 mics myself. Hope it helps someone!

entspeak

This instructions are for Windows but for sure you will find out how to translate this into Mac-language.

To get separate channels in OBS from Rodecaster Pro is not easy but feasible:

1) Install OBS
2) Install Reaper with the option ReaRoute

This will generate an ASIO interface called ReaRoute in your system

3) Install the ASIO plugin in OBS
4) Open Reaper choose Rodecaster Pro Multichannel and select 14 channels:

View attachment 64179

5) Then add tracks in Reaper. For example, Mic1 in your Rodecaster Pro is Input 3 and Sound Pad are channels 13 and 14.

View attachment 64180

6) Then in the channel add a hardware route to a ReaRoute channel. As an example Mic1 to ReaRoute 3 and SoundPad to ReaRoute 13 and 14. You could use ReaRoute 1, and ReaRoute 2 and 3, but I keep same number to clarify:

View attachment 64181

View attachment 64182

7) So now we can use separate channels in OBS for Mic1 and for SoundPad. We launch OBS and add an ASIO Input source and set it like this to add Mic 1:

View attachment 64183

8) Now add another ASIO Input for Soundpad cofigured like this:

View attachment 64184

9) Now in Reaper we arm to record the two channels (red dot left in the channel):

View attachment 64185

10) OBS will look like this:

View attachment 64186

11) Last step is to set up Mic 1 at OBS as a Mono channel. Click the gear under Mic 1 and choose Advance Sound Options and the set up Mono for that channel:

View attachment 64187

12) DONE, Start streaming or record. If you what to record from OBS in different channels go back to advanced sound options and choose the channels you want:

View attachment 64188

I hope this helps.
I realize that this is old, but I came across it looking for a way to do multitrack on a Mac. Unfortunately, this relies on using the ASIO plugin which is Windows only.

figgy

Hey, I'm going around posting in various places what helped me get my Rodecaster Pro 2 to work in multitrack mode in OBS. I've been ramming my head against this problem for two weeks and hopefully can save someone else the trouble in the future. OBS version is 30.0.2. I'm copying and pasting the email I sent to someone else, sorry for the weird formatting. This assumes you've followed the instructions on the RODE website and have the asio4all plugin in reaper and the rode asio plugin etc etc. But are not getting audio to work or are getting red x's in the asio4all control panel over the rodecaster sources. From that point try this:

From what I can gather, Rode multitrack HAS to have primary control of the computer's sound, it has to receive audio FIRST otherwise it won't work (even if you turn off "let apps take exclusive control of this device" in windows).

Like I said, when I followed the instructions and went to the asio4all panel within OBS there was a red x over the "output" under rodecaster, I had no access to the multitracks, and OBS wasn't picking anything up. Bummers all around. So first I made sure OBS was the FIRST thing I opened as I know Rodecaster likes to have first and full access to the app it's working in. Still the same thing. I tried changing my computer's audio to Chat and USB 2. STILL nothing. I muted my computers audio, ultimately NOTHING. BUT when I muted the audio I got a MOMENT when it showed me the inputs. This reinforced the idea that Rodecaster wants first and primary access to the sound channels. But SOMETHING got in the way again, but what could it be? I had every other app closed? And then I had the thought, what if multitrack was thinking that OTHER RODECASTER SOURCES IN OBS were trying to "take control" from it? In other scenes of OBS I had created audio sources for usb main stereo output, and USB Chat and USB 2 for NON multitrack mode. So I made a new Scene Collection in OBS that was a blank slate with NO other audio sources, Rodecaster or otherwise, in it and switched to it. VOILA the X's were gone, and multitrack was live. However While OBS was showing the channels it wasn't "capturing" the sound. The meters in OBS weren't moving. So I restarted OBS and BAM! It's working exactly as intended. I now have a channel in OBS for each mic, USB 1, USB 2, USB Chat, SOundpad, and bluetooth.

Also, if anyone is having a similar issue with rodecaster 2 pro multitrack and the DAW Reaper, there's a similar workaround.