Canon M50 with OBS

ams ken

Hi there,

New to this forum so sorry if this has already been answered.

I have the canon m50 and I'm wanting to use it as my webcam fo relive streaming. I have tried the Canon WEB utility but it doesn't show in OBS for some reason. I just get a black screen... Maybe I'm using the wrong cable? If so what cable do I need?

I am able to see my camera when I connect it through the USB and open up remote live view. I have tried the option also to do this an then just window capture but it keeps flickering which is very annoying!

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

ams ken

I have tried turning the utility off and uninstalling. This hasn't worked either. Is it just a USB cord I need or does the Hdmi have to be connected?

Zeros.81

You can use the one who came with your camera but any other compatible cable should do the work. It's not a bad Idea to try different cables if you still have problems

Zeros.81

I think your camera uses a Micro USB to USB 2.0 cable but double-check with your camera manual. Just don't buy the cheapest one

Oli21

Hi there,

New to this forum so sorry if this has already been answered.

I have the canon m50 and I'm wanting to use it as my webcam fo relive streaming. I have tried the Canon WEB utility but it doesn't show in OBS for some reason. I just get a black screen... Maybe I'm using the wrong cable? If so what cable do I need?

I am able to see my camera when I connect it through the USB and open up remote live view. I have tried the option also to do this an then just window capture but it keeps flickering which is very annoying!

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
If you're using it for OBS, right click the eos webcam utility in the taskbar and click quit.

Nass86

You can also go the other route and get a “Micro HDMI Male to Standard HDMI” cable and get a HDMI capture card (which converts the HDMI to a USB end) if you can’t get this to work.