Can´t stream/record at 4k?

Darempid

Hello dear Community.
I have a problem. I have a PC with an ASUS GTX1050 TI, 16 GB RAM, 4-Core-I7 2.7 GHz and a Sony FDR AX-700 Camcorder.
I want to record/stream the camera input on my PC, but the Problem is, when I select 4k output on the Camera, OBS only shows a black screen. It works on 1080p but is laggy. I use the elgato Camlink 4K, and a full size HDMI-out for it. The GTX1050 ti is capable of 4K
Anyone else have a solution for this?
I tried the camera in 4K on my other PC with I9-10900k, RTX3090 and 64gb RAM and it works just perfect!

If you have more questions, I here to answer them

FerretBomb

Chances are good that you're using an incompatible color depth on the Camlink 4K. At 1080p it supports 4:2:2 color sampling, but IIRC at 4K it can only do 4:2:0, so will fail and only show a blackscreen (or nothing) if you have a 4:2:2 color sampling method chosen.

Darempid

Chances are good that you're using an incompatible color depth on the Camlink 4K. At 1080p it supports 4:2:2 color sampling, but IIRC at 4K it can only do 4:2:0, so will fail and only show a blackscreen (or nothing) if you have a 4:2:2 color sampling method chosen.
Thank you, I will try it

OP3

Hello dear Community.
I have a problem. I have a PC with an ASUS GTX1050 TI, 16 GB RAM, 4-Core-I7 2.7 GHz and a Sony FDR AX-700 Camcorder.
I want to record/stream the camera input on my PC, but the Problem is, when I select 4k output on the Camera, OBS only shows a black screen. It works on 1080p but is laggy. I use the elgato Camlink 4K, and a full size HDMI-out for it. The GTX1050 ti is capable of 4K
Anyone else have a solution for this?
I tried the camera in 4K on my other PC with I9-10900k, RTX3090 and 64gb RAM and it works just perfect!

If you have more questions, I here to answer them
I've run into this issue before and the issue is that only one 4K signal can be output from this camera at a time. Since you're streaming it with a HDMI cable the signal can't be shown on the display screen, only your HDMI source. 1080 signals can be shown on both but I believe I read somewhere there's a limitation with the 4k signal output.
I'm struggling with getting my camlink 4k to recognize anything above 50fps on the various settings this very minute. Do you recall having success streaming > 50fps by chance?