Question / Help C920 Not allowing higher resolution custom settings

TruthBeTold

I'm having a bizarre issue with my webcam in OBS. If I use Device Default for the Resolution/FPS Type under properties everything is fine, but the resolution is kind of low and it's a square vs a rectangle. I have my entire layout setup around a rectangular webcam. When I click Custom instead, the video does not work unless I drop down to 800x442. This DOES give me a rectangular image which is fine, but I still have a lower quality resolution. I tried to look for drivers and such for the C920 and haven't found anything on their site just a bunch of random programs to download.
  • I installed all of the programs to see if that would help and it did not.
  • I have tried uninstalling the device and trying multiple USB ports.
  • I have tried running as admin.
  • I have tried multiple different versions of OBS software.
  • I have tried waiting to see if it just needed to load (lol).
I am not sure what else to do at this point. When I use the logitech software my video looks very crisp and no FPS issues at all. At one point I think I got the camera to swap resolution to a custom 1080 and the FPS was saying 5 FPS was matched output and that didn't last long, that was when I first fired up the software. I am running a very strong PC:
  • Asus z390-e Gaming mobo
  • EVGA RTX 2070 gfx card
  • 16GB 3200 RAM
  • 1TB of SSD space 1.5TB of HDD space
  • Internet speeds of 200+ MBPS down and like 15 MBPS upload.
I haven't gone live with it yet since the camera is having these issues, so this isn't a LIVE issue, this is strictly just a basic issue I'm running into before I even go live.

Verndoggie

I'm having a bizarre issue with my webcam in OBS. If I use Device Default for the Resolution/FPS Type under properties everything is fine, but the resolution is kind of low and it's a square vs a rectangle. I have my entire layout setup around a rectangular webcam. When I click Custom instead, the video does not work unless I drop down to 800x442. This DOES give me a rectangular image which is fine, but I still have a lower quality resolution. I tried to look for drivers and such for the C920 and haven't found anything on their site just a bunch of random programs to download.
  • I installed all of the programs to see if that would help and it did not.
  • I have tried uninstalling the device and trying multiple USB ports.
  • I have tried running as admin.
  • I have tried multiple different versions of OBS software.
  • I have tried waiting to see if it just needed to load (lol).
I am not sure what else to do at this point. When I use the logitech software my video looks very crisp and no FPS issues at all. At one point I think I got the camera to swap resolution to a custom 1080 and the FPS was saying 5 FPS was matched output and that didn't last long, that was when I first fired up the software. I am running a very strong PC:
  • Asus z390-e Gaming mobo
  • EVGA RTX 2070 gfx card
  • 16GB 3200 RAM
  • 1TB of SSD space 1.5TB of HDD space
  • Internet speeds of 200+ MBPS down and like 15 MBPS upload.
I haven't gone live with it yet since the camera is having these issues, so this isn't a LIVE issue, this is strictly just a basic issue I'm running into before I even go live.
I am having very similar issues and have tried all the same things you have.. I even built a new i9 Win 10 box with 32Gb RAM and the problem persists. I'm guessing its a software issue? Would LOVE to solve this.

DEDRICK

Custom Resolution

1920x1080
FPS - Highest or 30
Video Format MJPEG

1551332461185.png