bug report: obs 28.0.3 stops/jams while streaming to twitch

the twitch stream goes offline, the obs shows 0kb/s, then when "stop streaming" is pressed it will not stop (tries to stop), then when exiting the program from "x" it asks if you want to stop streaming, yes leads to program hang-up and forced exit. no local recording was on while doing this (hw encoder). win11/5600g/16g/rtx 3080/10g/nvme-1TB-2gb/s.

I dont expect twitch/internet/connection to be the issue 1gig/0.1gig d/u fiber, unless twitch server is shaking. happened multiple times in a row. system up-time might affect, many hours vs fresh boot. for clarity reasons, the stream works normally for some time, 15-45 minutes until jam.

deFrisselle

While your doing a streaming sample for the log you are going to post, check Twitch Inspector while the stream is live to see what is happening on Twitch's end Also, take a look at what your router is showing going in and out

its the OBS-ffmpeg-mux process that hangs, which then hangs the main program

a similar issue when the stopping of the local recording hangs (streaming stopped fine).
sorry, the error is rather random to be reproduced by your asking to do it.
I reported the ffmpeg-mux jamming problem before, but it was not reacted to.

log: https://obsproject.com/logs/sp7sABnjk2uiSptF

Last edited:
the obs-ffmpeg-mux.exe is now jam-crashing after every recording, 3x in a row, the process needs to be manually killed from the task manager and reboot will not fix it

Harold

The 526.47 nvidia drivers have major issues with obs. Roll back or switch to the studio driver instead of the game ready

still jamming, while game play is othewise fine in all games, whats the issue with OBS

edit: obviously I will not roll back anything or limit my features, because of a bug,
just waiting for either party to fix the bug, either the drivers or the program.
edit2: the same jamming bug has been around for multiple driver versions, so you lie, OBS problem.

Last edited:

PaiSand

Please use this tool to test the quality of your internet connection against Twitch server:
Increase the test duration so it gives more accurate results.
Any value bellow 90 quality is bad.

Clearly something is cutting the network connection. Just in case use an antivirus like malwarebytes to fully check your computer.
Then veritfy the network cable (use another one), connect it on a different port on the modem. If all this checks normal then the issue may be in your ISP.

The program is working just fine for everyone else, so the issue most probably ins't in the program itself but somewhere else.
Remember tu run OBs as admin.

ImLEETsometimes

I am having the exact same issue and I've tried all of the suggestions above. Yesterday it happened again and it's getting very frustrating to me and my viewers. OBS doesn't generate a crash report so I have no idea what to try next.

Solowhite

Yo tambien ando teniendo el mismo problema cambie de proveedor y tengo 300mb de subida y de bajada igual y ya no es problema
de internet ahora ya no se que es hace 2 meses que no puedo stremear y me frustra

coach1234

Also having this issue. Preview window totally freezes up, no frame drop, have to force quit OBS and open back up. Super frustrating.

I have the best internet on fiber ever. no you fix your program to run in limited user mode. never admin!

there has not been this issues recently, so it might also be twitch, but obs should not jam on error but deal with the error gracefully, not just hang. never. why you try give so poor advice. none of that jazz.

Harold

Blaming OBS when OBS was not the part that changed between things working and things not working is NOT good practice. Please correct your own advice and assumptions.

also OBS has other problems of capturing windows/fullscreen which run on dx9, like portal with rtx.

also blaming users when the advisor and the obs software has the issue is bannable offense.
OBS was always broken, so you are just talking.

for example: the recent full graphical interface steam version of dwarf fortress cant be captured with default mode "game capture" window, maybe its the ddraw/overlay mode of windows that obs cant capture properly