[Bug] Fixed source sizes

codemann8

It'd be nice to force a particular source to stay a certain size, no matter how the originating window changes.

Currently, if I have a game window open, I add it to OBS and make it look nice in the preview. However, depending on the game I'm playing, i may need to change the window size of the game to make room for other things that a particular game may require (like a different tracker that's bigger, etc.). Changing the game window size changes the size of the source box in OBS.

It'd be nice to set a fixed size on any box and tell OBS to scale to fit, and there could be options to maintain aspect ratio and such, etc. This could be the case for many source types, like video media sources or NDI sources, possibly even text if using a txt file.

dodgepong

Administrator
Forum Admin
I'm pretty sure all the cases you're thinking of are covered by the different bounding box types under the Edit Transform feature.

codemann8

You are correct, thank you for pointing this out to me. That is exactly what I was looking for.

Although, I do have one issue with it. It seems that the cropping options within Transform occur AFTER the scaling to the bounding box, so I'm having to change the cropping each time a window is resized. For example, see Bizhawk how how the File Menu throws it off.

Last edited: