Browser sources and alerts ALWAYS CRASHING

I3lacklabel

Hey guys, I have officially gave up on trying to find a answer to my problem as it appears i am the only one in the world having these issues...

My problem is this...

When I am running a live stream and I am tabbed onto my game, when people activate my alerts for bits, follows subs, they do not play unless I mouse over to the monitor with OBS on it and then it will play but the alerts animation will glitch and sometimes not play at all.
I also run interaction extensions for stickers/ sounds/ and memes and they break ALL THE TIME and when people purchase these interaction with bits they don't play and I have to delete the browser source and reinstall it WHILE IM LIVE ON STREAM...this has been infuriating and I have yet to find a solution to this problem

I have an interesting setup and this may be the cause to some of my issues but I have yet to diagnose it.

I have a DUAL PC setup, I run my stream on a laptop and I run the game on a dedicated gaming PC,
I have 3 monitors - the one to the left and right are the streaming PC, and the one on the center is the gaming PC.

*** THESE MONITORS ARE CONNECTED BY INPUT DIRECTOR WITH A SINGLE MOUSE AND KEYBOARD*
https://www.inputdirector.com/
My suspicion is that is has something to do with this...

Here are my specs:

Gaming PC
---------------------------
Intel i9-11900KF @ 3.50GHz
16 GB DDR4 3200MHz
Nvidia gigabyte 3070ti (Desktop)
AOC 2k 144Hrz Monitor

Razer Ripsaw Capture card to connect gaming and streaming PC

GAMING PC HDMI TO CAPTURE CARD
CAPTURE CARD USB-C TO HP 4K DOCK (DUAL MONITORS PLUGGED INTO THIS)
DOCK USB-C TO LAPTOP THUNDERBOLT

Streaming PC
----------------------------
RAZER BLADE 15' ADVANCED MODEL 2020

Intel i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz
16 GB DDR4-3200MHz
NVIDIA 3070 (LAPTPOP)
DUAL 1080 MONITORS 60 Hrtz

The extensions I use:
https://streamlabs.com/login *Alerts for follows, subs, raids, and bit donations
- Tagnia *you can purchase a meme with bits and it will play on stream*
https://app.tangia.co/twitch/
- Streamstickers *Stickers that can be purchased to display on stream with a sound associated*
https://dashboard.streamstickers.com/login
- Blurp *Sound bites that can be purchased with channel points and they will play on stream
https://blerp.com/

Any help on diagnosing this issue with my browsers sources and my extensions would be WOUNDERFUL as I have YET to find a viable solution OTHER THAN going back to a single PC setup.

PaiSand

The issues you're facing are related to the services you're using and you should contact them about this.
You're not the only one with this issue. It goes from needing to reconnect twitch to the service to need some special permissions (who know why?) and broken code on the services itself. Most of this services based their code on old browsers that allowed more things than now due to security.

Anyway, a log file is always needed to see what's going on during the stream. Also for the support on this services.
You can also use the analyzer to check and correct common issues. Simple look in the Help menu and upload a log file from a stream or test stream (no less than 30 seconds) and you'll see the Analyze button.

curdcgese555

Hey guys, I have officially gave up on trying to find a answer to my problem as it appears i am the only one in the world having these issues...

My problem is this...

When I am running a live stream and I am tabbed onto my game, when people activate my alerts for bits, follows subs, they do not play unless I mouse over to the monitor with OBS on it and then it will play but the alerts animation will glitch and sometimes not play at all.
I also run interaction extensions for stickers/ sounds/ and memes and they break ALL THE TIME and when people purchase these interaction with bits they don't play and I have to delete the browser source and reinstall it WHILE IM LIVE ON STREAM...this has been infuriating and I have yet to find a solution to this problem

I have an interesting setup and this may be the cause to some of my issues but I have yet to diagnose it.

I have a DUAL PC setup, I run my stream on a laptop and I run the game on a dedicated gaming PC,
I have 3 monitors - the one to the left and right are the streaming PC, and the one on the center is the gaming PC.

*** THESE MONITORS ARE CONNECTED BY INPUT DIRECTOR WITH A SINGLE MOUSE AND KEYBOARD*
https://www.inputdirector.com/
My suspicion is that is has something to do with this...

Here are my specs:

Gaming PC
---------------------------
Intel i9-11900KF @ 3.50GHz
16 GB DDR4 3200MHz
Nvidia gigabyte 3070ti (Desktop)
AOC 2k 144Hrz Monitor

Razer Ripsaw Capture card to connect gaming and streaming PC

GAMING PC HDMI TO CAPTURE CARD
CAPTURE CARD USB-C TO HP 4K DOCK (DUAL MONITORS PLUGGED INTO THIS)
DOCK USB-C TO LAPTOP THUNDERBOLT

Streaming PC
----------------------------
RAZER BLADE 15' ADVANCED MODEL 2020

Intel i7-10875H CPU @ 2.30GHz
16 GB DDR4-3200MHz
NVIDIA 3070 (LAPTPOP)
DUAL 1080 MONITORS 60 Hrtz

The extensions I use:
https://streamlabs.com/login *Alerts for follows, subs, raids, and bit donations
- Tagnia *you can purchase a meme with bits and it will play on stream*
https://app.tangia.co/twitch/
- Streamstickers *Stickers that can be purchased to display on stream with a sound associated*
https://dashboard.streamstickers.com/login
- Blurp *Sound bites that can be purchased with channel points and they will play on stream
https://blerp.com/

Any help on diagnosing this issue with my browsers sources and my extensions would be WOUNDERFUL as I have YET to find a viable solution OTHER THAN going back to a single PC setup.
Your not the only one getting browser source issues, Browser sources randomly break for me aswell and the only solution is restarting my computer, overlays just vanish for no reason, changing the link, adding new browser sources doesnt work, im on a single PC setup with obs 29.0.2 with an Intel Arc A770 with a ryzen 5 3600 XT with 32gb of ddr4 3200Mhz memory. OBS also encounters NVENC errors when NVENC isnt even in use and its QSV. I think OBS is just very scuffed or at least has been lately. I didnt stream for 3 years and when I came back OBS barely functions I think development build quality of OBS has either gone down drastically or its completely abandoned. OBS very rarely gets updates and when it does they dont fix anything. Users on the forums aswell as discord just provide pointless answers blaming someone else or something else instead of the fact OBS is having problems. Unfortunately not very many other alternitives exist so your stuck with the dumpsterfire OBS. Quite sad honestly. The log file is entirely useless it provides ZERO insight because its not logging the errors that are happening probably because it doesnt even detect them as errors. Anyone who just tells you to send a log file in clearly has zero clue what the issue is.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Your not the only one getting browser source issues, Browser sources randomly break for me aswell and the only solution is restarting my computer, overlays just vanish for no reason, changing the link, adding new browser sources doesnt work, im on a single PC setup with obs 29.0.2 with an Intel Arc A770 with a ryzen 5 3600 XT with 32gb of ddr4 3200Mhz memory. OBS also encounters NVENC errors when NVENC isnt even in use and its QSV. I think OBS is just very scuffed or at least has been lately. I didnt stream for 3 years and when I came back OBS barely functions I think development build quality of OBS has either gone down drastically or its completely abandoned. OBS very rarely gets updates and when it does they dont fix anything. Users on the forums aswell as discord just provide pointless answers blaming someone else or something else instead of the fact OBS is having problems. Unfortunately not very many other alternitives exist so your stuck with the dumpsterfire OBS. Quite sad honestly. The log file is entirely useless it provides ZERO insight because its not logging the errors that are happening probably because it doesnt even detect them as errors. Anyone who just tells you to send a log file in clearly has zero clue what the issue is.
Most of this reads like nonsense, and leads me to believe you aren't really sure what you're talking about, and are just upset. OBS is a complex program, with a lot of moving parts. If I had to guess based on your description, you're running in to some kind of network issue which is manifesting across different aspects of OBS.

Just because you don't understand the information in the log file, doesn't mean it's useless either. You're also probably misreading or misunderstanding any error messages. We ask for log files because it contains valuable environment and configuration information and helps us look closer towards what the actual issue is. Sometimes the answer is the the log file, and sometimes because the answer isn't, it tells us something anyway.

A log file from a session where you're having issues would help people identify what's going on, and is basically the first step in all OBS-based troubleshooting for those who know what they're doing.

curdcgese555

Most of this reads like nonsense, and leads me to believe you aren't really sure what you're talking about, and are just upset. OBS is a complex program, with a lot of moving parts. If I had to guess based on your description, you're running in to some kind of network issue which is manifesting across different aspects of OBS.

Just because you don't understand the information in the log file, doesn't mean it's useless either. You're also probably misreading or misunderstanding any error messages. We ask for log files because it contains valuable environment and configuration information and helps us look closer towards what the actual issue is. Sometimes the answer is the the log file, and sometimes because the answer isn't, it tells us something anyway.

A log file from a session where you're having issues would help people identify what's going on, and is basically the first step in all OBS-based troubleshooting for those who know what they're doing.
the level of toxicity in this response proves my point

curdcgese555

Pretty much every issue I have ran into with OBS has had zero things written about it and make no sense, eventually restarting my computer fixes it but its just annoying to have to reboot pc when opening and closing the program multiple times fails to fix it

PWNhub

This actually sounds like something your LAPTOP is causing by being a laptop. First off, change everything on the laptop so it functions like a desktop. Go into windows power settings and put it on performance instead of any other option. What you're explaining sounds directly like what happens when you have a laptop on power saver using chrome based browser, a good example would be I bet twitch streams pause when you tab out as well.

Fenrir

Forum Admin
Pretty much every issue I have ran into with OBS has had zero things written about it and make no sense, eventually restarting my computer fixes it but its just annoying to have to reboot pc when opening and closing the program multiple times fails to fix it
If you want assistance, please post a log file from a session that has the issue. There isn't much anyone can do when you're speaking generally and declining to provide information when asked. I'm sorry that OBS is not working well for you, and I would be willing to help, but I get the distinct impression you aren't interested in a solution.