Question / Help Blurry Stream when moving in Fortnite

imSpeziah

Hi everyone, i would like to stream , but a factor stops me from doing it. I have a very good PC, a have very stable obs configuration when im not moving, quality is realistic and good. But when im moving, stream starts to pixelate and get blurry, I tried lot of different options but nothing changes. Any Help??

Log : https://pastebin.com/DpyLi9Hy

alexitx

There is no streaming attempt in the log. Run a test stream for a while, then stop it and upload the log.
What encoder are you using (CPU / GPU), what profile, bitrate, etc? Do you have sufficient upload speed, so you can try slightly higher bitrate?

alexitx

By the look of things there is no overloading, insufficient bandwidth or encoding lag. So if your upload speed is decent you can try increasing slightly the bitrate and experimenting with the CPU preset a bit more.

I would recommend to try similar settings:

Encoder: x264 (the current one) Rescale Output: Unchecked Bitrate: 4000-5000 kbps (6000 if it's smooth and stable) Custom Buffer Size: Unchecked Keyframe Interval: 2 (2 seconds is the Twitch standard and it's most reliable / compatible) Profile: High Tune: None x264 Options: None

If the CPU usage isn't extremely high and there is no "Encoding Overloaded" warning (along with lag, stuttering and dropped frames) then try slower preset.
Start from 'veryfast' and go downwards to 'fast' or 'medium' while running test streams to ensure everything is smooth and stable.
If lag / frame drop starts occurring, then revert to the previous (stable) preset.

When bumping the settings and the bitrate up, the quality should be at least a bit better. You can fine-tune things like the downscaling filter, the bitrate with increments of 500 kbps (3000, 3500, 4000, 4500, etc.) and hopefully you will be able to find the settings suitable for you.

Hope this helps, feel free to share the results afterwards, if there is any improvement or ask anything if you need more help!

imSpeziah

By the look of things there is no overloading, insufficient bandwidth or encoding lag. So if your upload speed is decent you can try increasing slightly the bitrate and experimenting with the CPU preset a bit more.

I would recommend to try similar settings:

Encoder: x264 (the current one) Rescale Output: Unchecked Bitrate: 4000-5000 kbps (6000 if it's smooth and stable) Custom Buffer Size: Unchecked Keyframe Interval: 2 (2 seconds is the Twitch standard and it's most reliable / compatible) Profile: High Tune: None x264 Options: None

If the CPU usage isn't extremely high and there is no "Encoding Overloaded" warning (along with lag, stuttering and dropped frames) then try slower preset.
Start from 'veryfast' and go downwards to 'fast' or 'medium' while running test streams to ensure everything is smooth and stable.
If lag / frame drop starts occurring, then revert to the previous (stable) preset.

When bumping the settings and the bitrate up, the quality should be at least a bit better. You can fine-tune things like the downscaling filter, the bitrate with increments of 500 kbps (3000, 3500, 4000, 4500, etc.) and hopefully you will be able to find the settings suitable for you.

Hope this helps, feel free to share the results afterwards, if there is any improvement or ask anything if you need more help!
I really dont find any changes, its like very strange i changed all settings with high and low br and downscaling size, still blurring and pixalation occurs while streamimg, but i really appreciate your help, i really do thanks.

tomorrow i will send you a twitch clip if you can check the blurring, thanks!

alexitx

I really dont find any changes, its like very strange i changed all settings with high and low br and downscaling size, still blurring and pixalation occurs while streamimg, but i really appreciate your help, i really do thanks.

tomorrow i will send you a twitch clip if you can check the blurring, thanks!
No problem, I'm trying to give tips and suggestions which could eventually improve the quality at least a bit. Nevertheless, no stream is perfect. There are limitations from rendering and computing power to not enough information (bitrate) for perfect pixel representation in the final result. There is a thing called "Bits-per-pixel calculator" or "Bitrate calculator" which effectively compares resolution, framerate, bitrate, preset, profile, etc. and gives you a result with the exact quality for you under certain conditions / situation. (For example - Twitch live streaming)

Here are some useful links (in case you are interested):

https://stream.twitch.tv/encoding - Twitch's recommended encoding settings for certain resolution / framerate

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vm0_8BQGNxKcowK5RwTgiqQisR4mVblbWvl-N4A-lDM - Bits-per-pixel calculator made by @Mroczny_Gustaw

Generally for "good" quality (not perfect or lossless) the bits-per-pixel value should be around 0.09 / 0.1 (lower framerate = less pixelation and slightly better picture quality)

imSpeziah

No problem, I'm trying to give tips and suggestions which could eventually improve the quality at least a bit. Nevertheless, no stream is perfect. There are limitations from rendering and computing power to not enough information (bitrate) for perfect pixel representation in the final result. There is a thing called "Bits-per-pixel calculator" or "Bitrate calculator" which effectively compares resolution, framerate, bitrate, preset, profile, etc. and gives you a result with the exact quality for you under certain conditions / situation. (For example - Twitch live streaming)

Here are some useful links (in case you are interested):

https://stream.twitch.tv/encoding - Twitch's recommended encoding settings for certain resolution / framerate

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vm0_8BQGNxKcowK5RwTgiqQisR4mVblbWvl-N4A-lDM - Bits-per-pixel calculator made by @Mroczny_Gustaw

Generally for "good" quality (not perfect or lossless) the bits-per-pixel value should be around 0.09 / 0.1 (lower framerate = less pixelation and slightly better picture quality)
Thanks I will find some solutions in a couple of hours, i will try the bit per pixel calculator, thanks for the help again.
Also i will post the link for the twitch clip to add me recommendations.

alexitx

Here is a clip for the stream quality : https://clips.twitch.tv/FlaccidBumblingDelicataKeepo
thanks for the help!
I was busy, just looked at the clip now. For 720p60 it doesn't look that terrible, but when watching in fullscreen - yeah, the large single-colored areas look blurry. That's not uncommon though, many streamers especially on Twtich (non-partnered / partnered / affiliate) don't have good stream quality, mostly because of hardware limitations.

But for high bitrate (6000 kbps) and slower CPU preset like fast / medium that doesn't seem quite right...
I was relatively small content creator quite a while ago, currently I'm not making any content or streaming. But not so long ago I have experimented with OBS streaming settings (just out of curiosity) to try and see what are the best settings, suitable for me and to understand what works better in certain scenarios.

I have 6700K @ 4.40GHz & 1070 Ti, the quality on the most popular games like CS:GO, Minecraft, ETS 2, etc. wasn't good at all, even the crosshairs / details / distant objects were washed out and very blurry. I wasn't able to find what could be causing blurriness and poor quality especially for my setup and streaming settings, while streamers (let's say on Twitch) have great quality with very low bitrates and middle-range PCs.

So, generally I know which settings could work "okay" for me and what to recommend to someone who isn't very familiar with these things, but unfortunately I can't say for sure what could be causing blurriness and drop in quality in this particular case. When watching in non-fullscreen mode it looks better and I'd say it's acceptable to some extent...

imSpeziah

I was busy, just looked at the clip now. For 720p60 it doesn't look that terrible, but when watching in fullscreen - yeah, the large single-colored areas look blurry. That's not uncommon though, many streamers especially on Twtich (non-partnered / partnered / affiliate) don't have good stream quality, mostly because of hardware limitations.

But for high bitrate (6000 kbps) and slower CPU preset like fast / medium that doesn't seem quite right...
I was relatively small content creator quite a while ago, currently I'm not making any content or streaming. But not so long ago I have experimented with OBS streaming settings (just out of curiosity) to try and see what are the best settings, suitable for me and to understand what works better in certain scenarios.

I have 6700K @ 4.40GHz & 1070 Ti, the quality on the most popular games like CS:GO, Minecraft, ETS 2, etc. wasn't good at all, even the crosshairs / details / distant objects were washed out and very blurry. I wasn't able to find what could be causing blurriness and poor quality especially for my setup and streaming settings, while streamers (let's say on Twitch) have great quality with very low bitrates and middle-range PCs.

So, generally I know which settings could work "okay" for me and what to recommend to someone who isn't very familiar with these things, but unfortunately I can't say for sure what could be causing blurriness and drop in quality in this particular case. When watching in non-fullscreen mode it looks better and I'd say it's acceptable to some extent...
no problem!Thanks for all the help! I learned lots of things!

Leo_007

Hi everyone, i would like to stream , but a factor stops me from doing it. I have a very good PC, a have very stable obs configuration when im not moving, quality is realistic and good. But when im moving, stream starts to pixelate and get blurry, I tried lot of different options but nothing changes. Any Help??

Log : https://pastebin.com/DpyLi9Hy

Hi There, Im Facing the same Problem you are when streaming fortnite. As long as i stand still the quality is equal to the actual game play.. but when i start building everything starts pixalating.. I have tried so many suggestions and setting cahnges i could find on the next but no luck.. Where u able to solve this issue???