Question / Help Bitrate Inconsistency. Log included

Taylor Rivera

Hello,

I am a twitch streamer and lately have been having problems with my bitrate through OBS. Most times I am fine and then occasionally I will start to bleed frames with my bitrate jumping around. If I switch to a less intensive game and a lower bitrate setting I can prevent the frame loss, but this is a pretty big pain when I'm trying to play an FPS game. Lately, I haven't been able to stream at all because of this problem. The bitrate spikes up to 7k and down as low as 2k when my setting is 5.8k (A number I have found to work for a very long time before this issue.) I have tried resetting my modem and router, changing the cable from the wall to the modem, changing the cable running from the router to the PC, updating the LAN driver on the MOBO, and even increased my data package with XFINITY up to their highest speed right below the gigabit package. All failed to resolve the issue.

EDIT: Forgot to mention I am running OBS Studio 21.0.1

I am getting this error in the log: "Number of dropped frames due to insufficient bandwidth/connection stalls"

I was wondering if this is a hardware issue? Should I invest in a new modem/router? Could they have gone bad? Or is this something you guys can notice in the log posted below? I really appreciate any help!

Log: https://gist.github.com/eaaf290124b77cfa4e55aa6eac3feccd