Bitrate dropping/inconsistent despite wired connection

theelderpan

Hi there all, this is my first time posting so apologies if this is in the wrong section. I've been trying to stream recently and have a wired connection to my router. Twitch test shows that my connection to servers (US East) is around 80 on the best, with 6000+ kb/s. But I keep running into a problem whenever I stream. I start streams at 1080p 30fps based on the OBS auto-config wizard. However, about 15 minutes into a stream my bitrate will absolutely plummet, even down to below 1000. At this point I'm thinking the next step is to contact my ISP and see if they can do anything for me but I just want to make sure I've exhausted all options on my end first. Attached is the log from my last stream. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 2020-08-04 14-03-45.txt
    80.8 KB · Views: 38

qhobbes

Regarding frame drops: Settings --> Advanced --> Network --> Check box for "Dynamically change bitrate..." [Apply] [OK]
If still having issues, try restream.io and see if that works any better.

Regarding everything else in the log:
1. The version of Windows you are running has a limitation which causes performance issues in hardware accelerated applications (such as games) if multiple monitors with different refresh rates are present. Your system's monitors have 2 different refresh rates, so you are affected by this limitation.

To fix this issue, we recommend updating to the Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Follow these instructions if you're not sure how to update.
2. Run OBS as Admin
3. Display and Game Capture Sources interfere with each other. Never put them in the same scene.