Bible Plugin for OBS Studio

Bible Plugin for OBS Studio

Blackman48

Firstfruits Studio submitted a new resource:

Bible Plugin for OBS Studio - A complete Bible solution for OBS Studio.

Read more about this resource...
I really appreciate you for making this plug-in. Do you think it’s possible to add a hot key function because I would really want to add this to my stream deck for use:)

I really appreciate you for making this plug-in. Do you think it’s possible to add a hot key function because I would really want to add this to my stream deck for use:)

Hi!

By hotkeys, do you mean global hotkeys that work across OBS Studio even if the dock doesn't have focus?

That would be ideal! Unfortunately though, OBS Studio currently doesn't provide a method for Custom Browser Docks to hook into OBS Studio's Hotkeys functionality (at least from what I have seen). The plugin uses a custom browser dock and a browser source; so this is a technical limitation with OBS Studio at the moment. The closest I could get is with keyboard shortcuts, but as you know, they only work if the dock has focus.

Still, OBS Studio has been expanding its JavaScript API recently. Hopefully they will add this feature in the future. When that happens, I'll look into adding true hotkeys into the plugin!

Anyway, thanks very much for the suggestion.

~ Jon from Firstfruits Studio

Blackman48

No Problem. Also do you think it would be possible to add a fade transition or any other transition then the cut transition when cycling through bible verses

No Problem. Also do you think it would be possible to add a fade transition or any other transition then the cut transition when cycling through bible verses

Right now it's not possible to add transitions when cycling through Bible verses. During development, I wanted to add this in, but it turned out to be quite difficult to implement satisfactorily. To be honest, I'm not sure if I will be able to do this without breaking other parts of the code, but this is something I hope to revisit someday.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestion! I appreciate it.

~ Jon from Firstfruits Studio

francomendoza

Hi, Peter!

First, thanks for purchasing the Coffee Version! Unfortunately, as I wrote on the page for the Coffee Version, Mac is not fully supported at this time. (I don't have a Mac, which is why I was unable to create a Mac version.)

The Generator program for choosing Bibles only runs on Windows and Linux. However, the plugin itself should work on Mac.

I have a potential solution in mind. Is it okay if I reach out to you via private message?

Thanks!
Hello. Do you have a solution for Mac? Please!!

Firstfruits Studio updated Bible Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

Official Mac Release!

Hi, everyone!

It is with great pleasure that I can finally announce this—an official Mac release (64-bit only) has been uploaded to the Coffee Version!

View attachment 77646

As you may have known, until now Mac was only partially supported. The plugin itself worked well on Mac, but the Generator program for choosing which Bibles you wanted to use in the plugin only worked on Windows and Linux. This meant that the free version worked on Mac while the Coffee Version didn't. Not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

ezesonrizas

La verdad que es un excelente recurso para los que recién iniciamos en Streaming muy simple y sobre todo muy completo. Soy Ezequiel y vengo del canal de Daniel Monsalve. Saludos desde Argentina

hopkir

I have set up my Stream Deck to use the hotkeys for the dock, and they work fine. The only requirement is that the dock has the focus, as described aboce. Using the System | Hotkey, you can add the Ctrl-keys to the Stream Deck.

Hope this helps!

hopkir

Is it possible to set it such that if I use the hotkey to go to the next list item, it will select the first verse in that list item, so that I can just hit the show/hide hotkey, and that verse will show?

Hello, first congratulations for the plugin!
Is there a preview of this plugin in the Portuguese language Brazil?

Hi, Vagner!

By preview, do you mean a Brazilian Portuguese Bible in the free online version? I actually would have liked to add a Portuguese Bible. Some time ago, I tried to look for a Portuguese Bible, but I could not find any that are in the public domain. As you may know, all the Bibles we include by default in the plugin are in the public domain, in order to avoid any copyright issues. If you have the Coffee Version, though, you can import Bibles that OpenLP recognizes, including Portuguese Bibles.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Thanks for your support and understanding.

Regards,
Jon from Firstfruits Studio

Is it possible to set it such that if I use the hotkey to go to the next list item, it will select the first verse in that list item, so that I can just hit the show/hide hotkey, and that verse will show?

Hi, hopkir! Nice to hear from you again. ;)

And thanks for bringing this to my attention. For historical reasons, the default behavior of the show/hide button and hotkey was to show/hide the previously displayed verse. The Enter key could be used to show/hide the current verse. However, after testing it again with my siblings, this behavior turned out to be counter-intuitive, as you pointed out.

I will readjust the show/hide button and hotkey to more closely follow the behavior of the Enter key, so the currently focused verse will be shown/hidden instead of the previously displayed verse, which should resolve the problem. This should also hopefully be more intuitive.

I hope to release this update in the coming days. Again, thanks for your recommendation! :)

Regards,
Primary Developer

hopkir

Hi, hopkir! Nice to hear from you again. ;)

And thanks for bringing this to my attention. For historical reasons, the default behavior of the show/hide button and hotkey was to show/hide the previously displayed verse. The Enter key could be used to show/hide the current verse. However, after testing it again with my siblings, this behavior turned out to be counter-intuitive, as you pointed out.

I will readjust the show/hide button and hotkey to more closely follow the behavior of the Enter key, so the currently focused verse will be shown/hidden instead of the previously displayed verse, which should resolve the problem. This should also hopefully be more intuitive.

I hope to release this update in the coming days. Again, thanks for your recommendation! :)

Regards,
Primary Developer
Excellent! Thank you so much!

Firstfruits Studio updated Bible Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

Version 1.4.2

Hi, everyone!

This is a small update, with a breaking change, meant to correct a major annoyance with the Show/Hide toolbar button in Bible mode. For historical reasons, clicking the button or using its hotkey would toggle the visibility of the previously selected verse instead of the currently focused verse, which was counter-intuitive, especially for keyboard users. This update rectifies this issue so that its behavior is similar to that of hitting the [FONT=courier...[/quote]

Read the rest of this update entry...