Bible Plugin for OBS Studio

Semi-free Bible Plugin for OBS Studio

Hello, everyone!

I would like to announce the official release of Bible Plugin for OBS Studio, a complete Bible solution designed especially for OBS Studio. You can check out the website here: https://bibleplugin.firstfruitsstudio.com.

For the free online version, you don't have to install anything to get started. No need for other apps, complicated setups, or hacky solutions. Just add two links to your copy of OBS Studio to get started!

program.png

Quick Links
See below for setup instructions.

Quick Overview
Search for Bible verses on the fly, select a verse to display, and organize your verses in a list. Choose from one of the included themes, customize them*, or create brand new ones*. Use the comprehensive settings to configure the layout of each slide to your liking. Custom Bible translations supported*.

Requirements: OBS Studio 27.1.1+

* Only available in the Coffee Edition.

Feature List (Free Online Version)
  • Easy to get started: just add two links to your copy of OBS Studio!
  • Bible Query: Search for verses in the King James Version using Bible references (like "John 3" and "1 Corinthians 11:23-26").
  • Bible View: View queried verses and show/hide verses by clicking or using the arrow keys.
  • Verse List: Save, reorder, and quickly navigate to verses.
  • Themes: Use basic themes.
  • Settings: Configure font scaling and powerful layout controls. Set the maximum number of lines in a slide to allow for automatic slide breaks (language-dependent, tested with English and Indonesian Bibles). Control the height of the theme background (automatic, longest verse, or standard).
Extra Features (Coffee Edition)
The Coffee Edition is a paid version with some extra features:
  • Download and use offline.
  • Use your own Bible translations (Requires downloading included Generator program. The Generator program includes some public domain Bibles you can choose from. You can also use your own Bible translations if you have imported them into OpenLP.).
  • Use all basic and premium themes (some premium themes are even animated!).
  • Use CSS to customize existing themes and create new ones (theming guide available on website). You can also use fonts from the Google Fonts library.
You can check it out and get it here:
https://payhip.com/b/9POoJ

Quick Setup
  1. Add a new Browser Source in OBS Studio. In the URL, enter https://bibleplugin.firstfruitsstudio.com/browser/. Set the width and height. Apply changes. Move the empty red rectangle of the browser source to a location of your choice.
  2. Add a new Custom Browser Dock in OBS Studio. In the URL, enter https://bibleplugin.firstfruitsstudio.com/dock/. Click Apply and move the dock to a location of your choice.
For a detailed setup guide, please refer to the website: https://bibleplugin.firstfruitsstudio.com/getting-started/online/. It includes a non-technical step-by-step guide with slideshows and images.

Further Information

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. The website also has an FAQ as well as a variety of guides, including a manual, theming guide, and developer notes for compatibility with other web-based plugins.

About

I created this to show Bible verses during my father's sermons. I originally tried to use other programs, but many of them were difficult to setup, required multiple programs, needed weird hacks, or were too slow. Over the course of many months, I added features and stuff depending on what I needed. It was a lot of work, but I hope you will find it useful.

I have used this plugin in production on a number of my father's sermons using both English and Indonesian Bible translations (you can check them out on the Showcase on the website).

Please keep in mind that this plugin (and the website) is entirely the work of a solo developer from Indonesia. This is also my first public software release of any kind, so please be nice! Thanks in advance!

~ Jon from Firstfruits Studio

Gallery

See more on the website!

Themes (Basic + Premium)
beautiful-themes.png

Dock UI
bible-query.png
bible-view.png
verse-list.png
theme-options.png
theme-edit.png
comprehensive-settings.png

Disclaimers

Bible icon provided by Font Awesome, which has been recolored and scaled. Bible Plugin for OBS Studio is not affiliated with or endorsed by Font Awesome.
Author
Firstfruits Studio
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
4.74 star(s) 23 ratings

Latest updates

1. January 2024 - Church Plugin Sneak Peek (Song Theme Editor)

Hi, everyone! First off, a belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from us at Firstfruits...
  2. Second Year Anniversary of the Bible Plugin

It's been 2 years since the Bible Plugin was first announced and released on the OBS Forums...
  3. Version 1.5.3 and Plugin Sneak Peek

Hi, everyone! This is a small, mostly bugfix update, with one main feature: a Dock Font Scale...

Latest reviews

superp! hopefully my favorite bible versions will be added soon!
When it’s going to be in russian
love, makes my streaming easy
Will the Bible Plug in be providing more Bible Versions? I am looking for TPT as it is the one we use for our church.
Muy buena! Estupenda, alguien que se haya echo un codigo css para añadir un nuevo tema, sería magnifico.
Bendito Plugin!!!
Sencillo y rápido para poder mostrar los versículos durante las transmisiones de la Iglesia.
Vengo de parte del canal de Daniel Monsalve
It is amazing! It is quite comparable to Using programs such as Pro-Presenter; but is way more simpler than the NDI stuff you have to do with OBS and these other programs.
Vengo del canal de daniel monsalve y sin duda necesito el Plug In la Biblia OBS ES MAGNIFICO!!!!
Excelente plugin, es de gran bendición para las iglesias, vengo del canal de Daniel Monsalve, bendiciones.
Me parece un excelente plugin, el cual sera muy útil para nuestros ministerios y también para el avance de la obra de nuestro Dios, vengo del canal de Daniel Monsalve, el cual ha sido de gran ayuda..