Bible Plugin for OBS Studio

Bible Plugin for OBS Studio

Firstfruits Studio submitted a new resource:

Bible Plugin for OBS Studio - A complete Bible solution for OBS Studio.

Hello, everyone!

I would like to announce the beta release of Bible Plugin for OBS Studio, a complete Bible solution designed especially for OBS Studio. You can check out the website here: https://bibleplugin.firstfruitsstudio.com.

For the free online version, you don't have to install anything to get started. No need for other apps, complicated setups, or hacky solutions. Just add two links to your copy of OBS Studio to get...

Read more about this resource...

JosephOBSuser

Hi .. wonderful Job with Bible verse tool !!! Love it !
How soon can we expect the full offline version to be available for download ?

WoW, it seems great!! Especially for me using Korean.

Hope to release the coffee version.

Thanks for the kind words! By the way, I tried to use a Korean Bible with the plugin, though it was a bit tricky finding one. It seems to work well, although the Bible I downloaded from Zefania did not include the Bible book names in Korean (which is why the picture shows John instead of 요한복음).

2021-10-16 Korean Bible.png

Unfortunately, the Max No. of Lines setting doesn't seem to work well with Korean. Some work as expected, and some end up like this:

John 3:8 (Max No. of Lines set to 1)
2021-10-16 Korean John 3-8 Max Lines 1.png

I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed (the algorithm used for split lines is heavily based on English grammar rules). I'll take a closer look at it and see how it goes, though.

Thanks for your comment!

Hi .. wonderful Job with Bible verse tool !!! Love it !
How soon can we expect the full offline version to be available for download ?

Thanks for the comments! For the paid Coffee Edition, I'm hoping to release it sometime next week. It depends if there are any major bugs or unexpected issues, though.

WaveSim

Thanks for the kind words! By the way, I tried to use a Korean Bible with the plugin, though it was a bit tricky finding one. It seems to work well, although the Bible I downloaded from Zefania did not include the Bible book names in Korean (which is why the picture shows John instead of 요한복음).

View attachment 76165

Unfortunately, the Max No. of Lines setting doesn't seem to work well with Korean. Some work as expected, and some end up like this:

John 3:8 (Max No. of Lines set to 1)
View attachment 76166

I'm not sure if this is something that can be fixed (the algorithm used for split lines is heavily based on English grammar rules). I'll take a closer look at it and see how it goes, though.

Thanks for your comment!
This doesn't look good.it should display at the same time.

This doesn't look good.it should display at the same time.

Everything does display well.

2021-10-18 John 3-8.png

I was just saying there were bugs if the Maximum number of lines setting is enabled (set to 1 or higher) for Korean specifically.

comprehensive-settings.png

However, I've been looking into this issue and hope it can be fixed soon. Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the feedback!

Version 1.2.4 is now out on the website. It mostly contains minor fixes.

Changes
  • Improved word detection/wrapping algorithm. The Maximum No. of Lines setting should now have fewer false positives. It also includes experimental CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) support.
  • The reference field in query mode now has basic experimental support for CJK IMEs:
2021-10-20 Experimental CJK Support.gif

Please keep in mind that Chinese, Japanese, and Korean support is still experimental. It requires much more testing and shouldn't be used in production yet.

Coffee Edition
So far, I have not received any major bug reports. This means that release of the Coffee Edition will hopefully go ahead as planned. I hope to release it sometime this week, optimistically by tomorrow or the day after.

Conclusion
Thank you all for your support! Feel free to leave a comment if you have a question or idea.

Firstfruits Studio updated Bible Plugin for OBS Studio with a new update entry:

Coffee Version Released

Hello, everyone!

I would like to announce that the Coffee Version of Bible Plugin for OBS Studio has been released! It is now available for purchase here:

https://payhip.com/b/9POoJ

The product page also has information on system requirements and other important stuff.

Features of the Coffee Version:
  • Custom Bible translation support. Choose from one of five public domain Bibles. Or, use your own. The program supports reading Bibles imported into OpenLP.
  • Use...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I purchased the coffee version but I don't see a Mac download. Is this something that you can help with?

Hi, Peter!

First, thanks for purchasing the Coffee Version! Unfortunately, as I wrote on the page for the Coffee Version, Mac is not fully supported at this time. (I don't have a Mac, which is why I was unable to create a Mac version.)

The Generator program for choosing Bibles only runs on Windows and Linux. However, the plugin itself should work on Mac.

I have a potential solution in mind. Is it okay if I reach out to you via private message?

Thanks!

Peterpentecost

Thank you so much! I was able to get the online version to work.

Please feel free to send a private message I’ll appreciate any help I can get though. It’s so beautiful and i’m sure the media team would love it!

Side note:will there be an update to also display lyrics? You’re on to something great here!

Thank you so much! I was able to get the online version to work.

Please feel free to send a private message I’ll appreciate any help I can get though. It’s so beautiful and i’m sure the media team would love it!

Side note:will there be an update to also display lyrics? You’re on to something great here!

Hi, Peter!

I've sent you a private message. Also, thanks so much for the encouraging words! It means a lot.

I've thought about adding lyrics, but it would be difficult to add it into the current plugin. If I have the time, I'm thinking of maybe creating a new plugin meant especially for lyrics. Fingers crossed!

Once again, thanks for your support!

Version 1.2.5

Hi, everyone!

Version 1.2.5 of Bible Plugin for OBS Studio has been released.

Changelog
  • Fixed a bug when Bible translations had missing verse numbers. Before, when searching for a Bible chapter with a missing verse, the entire chapter would not load. Now the issue has been fixed so everything should work normally.

Important Notes
  • Please backup your verse list and custom themes before updating.

Version 1.2.6 - New Spanish and French Bibles (Online Version)

Hi, everyone!

This update adds the following Bible translations to the free online version of Bible Plugin for OBS Studio:
  • Louis Segond (LSG) [French]
  • Reina-Valera Antigua (RVA) [Spanish]
Surprisingly, analytics show that the website has had quite a number of users especially from Spanish-speaking countries. As a result, I added these two public domain Bibles to the free online version, in addition to the King James Version.

Please note that I personally do not...

n2bball

I bought the coffee version, however I am unable to get it to work. When I select which bible and the book, I get an error "Unrecognized Reference." What options are available to fix this?

I bought the coffee version, however I am unable to get it to work. When I select which bible and the book, I get an error "Unrecognized Reference." What options are available to fix this?

Hi! First, thanks for getting the Coffee Version!

Usually, the unrecognized reference error only appears if a Bible book or chapter was not provided. For example, the error appears if you type only "Genesis" or "3". You can see all references that the plugin understands here:
https://bibleplugin.firstfruitsstudio.com/guides/manual/#search-mode (under Bible Formats). Also, make sure that you have already selected a Bible.

Ideally, it should go something like this:

2021-11-07 Bible Search.gif

This is actually something that a lot of people have contacted me about. The next update will add a more helpful error message so that the plugin will be easier to use.

If you still have any issues, please let me know the Bible and reference that you are using.

Thanks for reaching out!

cmcglockton

I also bought the coffee version, however I am unable to get it to work. When I select which bible and the book, I get an error "Unrecognized Reference." What options are available to fix this? I have working on windows.

hopkir

I purchased the coffee version sight-unseen, and I'm playing around with it today at church... One question - do you have to install OpenLP to import bibles? If yes, does it have to be running to use them?

I also bought the coffee version, however I am unable to get it to work. When I select which bible and the book, I get an error "Unrecognized Reference." What options are available to fix this? I have working on windows.

Hi! You need to set a chapter with the book, like "Genesis 1". A book alone will not work. Please refer to the message I just sent:

Hi! First, thanks for getting the Coffee Version!

Usually, the unrecognized reference error only appears if a Bible book or chapter was not provided. For example, the error appears if you type only "Genesis" or "3". You can see all references that the plugin understands here:
https://bibleplugin.firstfruitsstudio.com/guides/manual/#search-mode (under Bible Formats). Also, make sure that you have already selected a Bible.

Ideally, it should go something like this:

View attachment 76824

This is actually something that a lot of people have contacted me about. The next update will add a more helpful error message so that the plugin will be easier to use.

If you still have any issues, please let me know the Bible and reference that you are using.

Thanks for reaching out!