Question / Help Best Settings for Low-end PC.

Ravinevil

I have a PC with very low specs. It has a 2.00GHz Intel i3-5005u processor, integrated Intel HD Graphics 5500, 4Gb RAM and 64-bit system. I want to record and not stream my game. So, I request anyone to tell me the settings that can give me a lag-free gaming and recording experience.

Note: The quality can be a bit deteriorated. I do not want full HD content or such. Just a recording in which the game content is just visible.

Here is a log of my previous COD 4 recording: https://obsproject.com/logs/Hw5thohFf36YzRLX

Thanks,

Regards,
TheMindlessBeast.
I have a Laptop almost similar to you

Haikal Prasta

try 720p with 30 fps with quickync encoder

but think it wouldnt make fun
8 years old CPU
your ram just meets the minimum requirements for windows 10
better forget it , it only makes you angry
Uhhh, but it still lagging. Could you tell me to get smooth 30fps recording?

RobertSmith_

OBS is an excellent screen recorder but if you are looking for a screen recorder that works on a low-end PC. I think you should try AceThinker Screen Recorder. It is a free web-based tool that records on full screen and even just a portion of your screen. I always used this to record my screen whenever I need to present in my class, and it is beneficial and handy.

EpicGamerAK

I have a PC with very low specs. It has a 2.00GHz Intel i3-5005u processor, integrated Intel HD Graphics 5500, 4Gb RAM and 64-bit system. I want to record and not stream my game. So, I request anyone to tell me the settings that can give me a lag-free gaming and recording experience.

Note: The quality can be a bit deteriorated. I do not want full HD content or such. Just a recording in which the game content is just visible.

Here is a log of my previous COD 4 recording: https://obsproject.com/logs/Hw5thohFf36YzRLX

Thanks,

Regards,
TheMindlessBeast.

I have an intel HD 3000 integrated GPU and an intel i5-2410M CPU @2.30 GHz and 4Gb ddr3 ram, it runs mc OK it gets at max if it a new pc (prob not cuz these r old specs) 300 fps in mc and I record it drops to around 40-120 fps is there any way to make it take fewer fps?

TheCoolDev

My PC freezes when using obs for recording...
my pc specs are:
intel core i3 7020u @ 2.30GHz
intel(R) hd graphics 620
4gb ram

Vanguard Gaming

An i3-5005U is a very slow CPU. If you compare say a very good gaming CPU (like the i9-9900K) versus an i3-5005U, you will see that the i9 is going to be 600-700% more powerful. I say this for you to realize that is the gaming standard today.

The onboard HD GPU you are using is also very slow. The standard GPU today is a RTX 2060 or GTX 1070. The difference in performance against your HD Graphics 5500 is that the GTX 1070 is 1800% faster than your HD 5500.

So in summary, your computer is not meant for gaming against todays standards. Its designed for general computing use.

Even though you can use it to game, adding OBS on top of it to capture will stress it out even more. The types of games you can use it for are lower end FPS types. Not for first person shooters that demand high FPS as its going to stress your computer, let alone be unplayable. You need to be doing at least 60FPS to be competitive and to make your recordings look naturally good. Even 60FPS is on the low end. Most FPS gamers do 144FPS and above these days.

Which brings me to your viewers who will be watching your content. Those that play COD do so at high FPS and expect to watch others playing at high FPS. If they watch your recordings, the fluidity and slowdown is going to be obvious and most likely, few will even watch it.

So I think you know this already. You really need a better computer. I just wanted to say the above to wrap your head around what you are dealing with and not to expect much with your computer.

Here's some suggestions on how you can try to make things a little better:
- Turn down all in game video settings to their lowest. Its not going to make the game look its best but will reduce CPU/GPU load.
- Reduce OBS recording resolution to 16:9 ratio 720p (1280x720) or 480p (854x480) and use Bicubic downscale filter.
- Lower OBS FPS to 24 or 30
- Set OBS Audio sampling rate to the lowest to save some bits - 44.1khz
- Avoid running services and other applications while you play. Its just your game and OBS Studio only.
I want to get atleast 30fps in my recording and no lag. I don't care if the video is on 480p resolution or 720p or 1080p just want to be lag free.
Here are my specs:
I5-4960 3.0 ghz
8gb Ram (1 ram stick of 8 gb)
Intel 2000 graphics card

Pls say how can I play games with game capture and have no lag in my recordings. And I know my graphics card sucks.

qhobbes

@Vanguard Gaming You need to use the QuickSync Video (QSV) encoder. If still having issues, then

selky

I recording a video in streamlabs obs and it has a frame drops and lags but the game have 120fps.

My pc has i5 6200u , 8gb ram and two graphics cards 920mx and intel hd graphics 520.
I request anyone to tell me the settings that can give me a lag-free gaming and recording experience.

Lawrence_SoCal

@selky
Streamlabs OBS [SLOBS] is a derivative version of OBS Studio, with the front-end hacksawed off and a webpage slapped over the top by the Streamlabs folks.

You should reach out to Streamlabs <https://support.streamlabs.com/hc/en-us> for support with their custom/forked version of OBS.

Oh, and an ultra-low power laptop CPU, optimized for battery life, that is 6 generations old is going to struggle with the computationally demanding task of real-time video encoding .. regardless which version of OBS or similar software. You are going to have to lower your settings & expectations, and optimize your OS

here my laptop specification how about this
Processor Intel Core i5 6300u 2.40 ghz with turbo boost up to 3.0 ghz
(now im on 3.0 ghz because the turbo boost is on)
8gb ram
64 bits

and i want to get at least 720p 30 fps on Roblox

sorry my english is bad

Lawrence_SoCal

2 cores doesn't really indicate anything meaningful without more context. Cores from different generations aren't equivalent, and even cores across models within a generation vary significantly in terms of performance. With that said, 2 cores is possibly ok for simple web browsing or other general (non-computationally intensive tasks). But real-time video encoding requires either a dedicated encoding offload chip (as many mobile devices have, as well as dedicated GPUs like nVidia with their NVENC [AMD has one but piss-poor software support, so I'm ignoring then in OBS context].

in your case, if you mean the 6 generation old i6-6xxxU CPU.. see comments above. qhobbes already told you some settings. and see my post back in Oct. You will need to optimize the OS to turn off eye-candy and unnecessary processes, and minimize resource demands in OBS. and then, .. maybe..

AAFlicks

Hello, I have a laptop with the following specs:
Intel i-5 1035G1
Nvidia MX 250
12GB RAM

I am running obs with 2 instances of Minecraft (with performance mods) and I want the best settings for it. Currently, I am recording/streaming at 720p30 but it's not really smooth (recording and game). Thanks in advance!