Basic Suggestions List

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
Hm, you make a valid argument. I may switch to using an x264 DLL for that reason alone, very good point.

sneaky4oe

Need a complete uninstall feature. Something is wrong with my copy of programm, need to resetup it, but all settings still present after uninstall and clean installation.

My problem is - there are lags on stream, but all fine on vods. How can it be fixed in other ways? Oops, realised it's a known issue. Downgraded. All fine.

micechal

My suggestion is to add an 'Loop text' option to the Text source. I mean that when the text is short, and your stream's resolution is wide, the scrolling text will appear only one time on screen unless it disappears behind the border. My suggestion is to spawn new text about every [user choose] seconds or pixels, so if a word is short, for example 'dog', it will be repeated through the whole screen like this: 'og dog dog dog dog d'. I hope you understand what I'm tlaking about :)

konnelius

Hey there, Jim....
first of all... let me just thank you, with all of my heart, for making an awesome app, that has such amazing performance while livestreaming!

I was kinda wondering what the status is towards being able to change RGB-color/brightness/contrast on the different captures... since that is something i personally would have very good use for, as i livestream a game, that has day/night-cycle (the war z)...

once again, thanks for all the work you have put in to this... really excited about the future of this app!

Jim said:
Rotate sources. I mean you can already do it internally, but I'm sort of curious why you'd want to rotate a source generally as it's essentially a 3D renderer, and you can already stretch sources. The main issue is formally adding rotation is that it would be a serious pain, and though I could add it at some point, I'd really have to be very low priority unless there's a real good reason for adding it.

Pardon me for replying to quite an older post, but what did you mean by "can already do it internally"?

The main reason I am interested in, at the very least a 90deg rotate is because there is no way for me to crop my 16:9 webcam video to have it 1:1 and just centered on my head and upper body. Rotating my camera 90deg allows me to get this focus, and i could then slide the bottom of the webcam feed off the bottom of the stream, effectively making it 1:1 or close to it. Crop would be better for my situation, however, but I do support source rotation.

Lain

Forum Admin
Lain
Forum Moderator
Developer
What I meant is it can be done via code. OBS is essentially a 3D renderer

sneaky4oe

Hi, sorry for asking again, but will there be a feature of multiservice streaming? I'd like to use a restream to youtube for people with bad computers who can't watch me in 1080p, my internet connection is 40 mbit/s, so I can afford this.

By the way, it would be great to add an option to group sources on scenes. For example, I like to show stream chat on my channel, and there's a fancy border made specially for it. I don't really like to reposition both sources every time I want to remake the layout.

sneaky4oe

Could you please tell me what's rewrite is than and when will it be released?

For now I have discovered only multistreaming via virtual machine on linux: http://www.xedocproject.com/forum/index.php?/topic/16-мультистрим-без-нагрузки-на-процессор/ (actually NOT spam, may be handy for someone who needs that feature immediatly)
The page is in russian, but has pictures. I think it's not optimal way to multistream and am wondering when will that feature be made.

By the way I can help to translate the website to russian.