Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.13

Hi there! This is such a great bit of kit! Seem to be having real issues installing this onto my M1 Mac....copy and pasting into "Contents" but not showing up in OBS Would you have any suggestions? Thanks
If I understand this thread, you have updated BR at least by Feb.2 2023. I am assuming you have made it available for more current OBS studios, but unfortunately I don't know how to install it on my Mac. I had figured it out on earlier versons, but to a non programmer the file structure looks different to instsll them on a Mac OS Ventura. Can you please give more instructions Mr. Shilkrot? Would love to use it! Thanks.

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal - Portrait Segmentation with a new update entry:

New release!

We are very happy to announce that a new release is out with installers for all OSs!
Thanks to the diligent work of our contributors we're now set up with a CI pipeline that's robust and end-to-end, and new versions could start coming out much easily and consistently.

What's Changed​

• OBS 28+ support
  • Mac M1/2 (arm64) support
  • Installers!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank You So Much to yourself and whoever may have contributed to the installer for Background Removal.... I had spent a lot of time with previous versions figuring out where all the files needed to go....more time than I care to admit (LOL.) I did get it to work....and now it just installed wonderfully and easily! This might be worth mentioning though. It showed up, but crashed OBS until I backed up and deleted all my scenes. It might be a software conflict with the mixing and matching that I had done prior to the installation or not? Just thought I would mention it.

Thank You So Much to yourself and whoever may have contributed to the installer for Background Removal.... I had spent a lot of time with previous versions figuring out where all the files needed to go....more time than I care to admit (LOL.) I did get it to work....and now it just installed wonderfully and easily! This might be worth mentioning though. It showed up, but crashed OBS until I backed up and deleted all my scenes. It might be a software conflict with the mixing and matching that I had done prior to the installation or not? Just thought I would mention it.
I would like to ask though. If people can share their results with the settings, so that we could all get optimal results. I realize it varies but perhaps with better lighting or using other OBS software and other ideas will give us all better results? Thanks.

Last edited:

MartinBrieger

I run Ubuntu 22.04 and OBS 29.
Whilst I had major headaches with previous versions of this Plug-In, the current deb installation worked like a charm.
As mentioned by the Author, if you change the refresh (frame) rate a bit, you get less CPU usage.
Not much loss.

One suggestion for improvement for the poor User community:
Could you please list (and possibly link) to the prerequisites that are needed?
I know you need ONNX and I know you mention it, but there is no real Link or further information.

Again, I have this new version up an running with no problem, but I do recall how painful it was to get the old one running.
It would simply add a bit of user friendliness when people know what they need and where to find it.
Version numbers etc.

Depending on how people want to use it, they simply need to play around with the settings. There is nothing intuitive.
The Documentation is sparse at best. I admit, I may not have found it.

Overall, I still think this should be part of Standard OBS, but needs a bit more of a professional touch.
Perhaps also on the Translation. Happy to help with German if wanted.

Might be different in the Windows World, but for Linux people, this is an essential OBS plug-in.

Thanks to the Author and Contributors

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal - Portrait Segmentation with a new update entry:

v0.5.13 - +1 model, CoreML accel (Mac), Effect filter

New release! Many new things added... like a new model (PPHumanSeg), CoreML acceleration for Macs, and the ability to use the filter as an effect.

Please test out and let us know of any problems in the repo issues!

What's Changed​

• Enable -Werror and /WX by @umireon in #158
  • Add CoreML support for Mac by...

Read the rest of this update entry...

syrphide

I am running OBS 29 on Ubuntu 22.04 and I have just installed the latest plugin version (v0.5.13).
When I have a look at the logs, obs-backgroundremoval.so is loaded.
But obs-backgroundremoval does not appear in the Audio/Video Filters list of my Video Capture Device (V4L2).

It is a Video Capture Device (V4L2) limitation?

I am running OBS 29 on Ubuntu 22.04 and I have just installed the latest plugin version (v0.5.13).
When I have a look at the logs, obs-backgroundremoval.so is loaded.
But obs-backgroundremoval does not appear in the Audio/Video Filters list of my Video Capture Device (V4L2).

It is a Video Capture Device (V4L2) limitation?
Try looking in the effects filter below. That's where mine was on my Mac.

Thank You Roy and Umireon. The plugin was easy to install and you've added some more options to try. Much improved since past versions. Still looking for the right combination though. I still might need to get better lighting or something. I understand you have taken on something that requires what people are using in their each individual situations and movement also plays a factor so I truly appreciate what you are doing. Please continue to update it. Thanks.

Tormy

1678780006502.png
No way.

Tormy

We attempted to fix this issue on https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/pull/171
Are you using the latest version? e.g. 0.5.13 https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/releases/tag/v0.5.13
The problem was reported first in the OBS plugin dev community: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-plugintemplate/issues/70
I' using the last version you published and suggested to me to use it. And what I got tis the protection of the anti-virus as you see from the screenshot. Windows removed your package

herardo

Hello,

I am using an M1 Mac and the most recent version of OBS and I tried installing this thing multiple times with multiple packages not able to see the option in OBS. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 10.42.15 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 10.42.15 PM.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 10.42.10 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 10.42.10 PM.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 22

royshilkrot

Hello,

I am using an M1 Mac and the most recent version of OBS and I tried installing this thing multiple times with multiple packages not able to see the option in OBS. Am I doing something wrong? Thank you in advance.
@herardo can you please open an issue on the github repo? https://github.com/royshil/obs-backgroundremoval/issues
when you do that - please get the logs from OBS and paste/attach them in there so we understand why the plugin doesn't load. Thanks!

J. Lewis

I must be doing something wrong, as when I copy the data, plugin, and paste it to my program file, I see it in the folder, but it is not appearing in the filter effects. Can someone advise?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-17 10.16.43 (2).png
    Screenshot 2023-03-17 10.16.43 (2).png
    184.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

rachalmers

If I understand this thread, you have updated BR at least by Feb.2 2023. I am assuming you have made it available for more current OBS studios, but unfortunately I don't know how to install it on my Mac. I had figured it out on earlier versons, but to a non programmer the file structure looks different to instsll them on a Mac OS Ventura. Can you please give more instructions Mr. Shilkrot? Would love to use it! Thanks.
Yes, true. I'm on Ventura, M2 Mac Mini, and although the install seemed to go without errors - I can't find the plugin anywhere. It's not showing up in Filters at all.
Thank you