Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance

Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance v1.1.13

TrinityTechGuy

royshilkrot

The plugin does not work well for me, terrible movement around the image, I expected at least the background removal quality I am getting in Zoom but not getting anywhere as good for whatever reasons, I have tried all the sliders and settings.
I'm sorry this is not working out for you, would you be able to share a screenshot of the movent you see? And possibly compare it with zoom so I get a sense of what should be fixed? Thanks!

Tolska

Keeps crashing my OBS. I use background remove its fine for 30-45 mins then my OBS crashes and stops my stream.

Using version 30.0.2 why does this keep happening?

royshilkrot

Keeps crashing my OBS. I use background remove its fine for 30-45 mins then my OBS crashes and stops my stream.

Using version 30.0.2 why does this keep happening?
Are you positive that BG removal is causing the crash? If it's on for >30 minutes it could be many other things that cause a crash in OBS. In particular if other plugins are involved

Tolska

Are you positive that BG removal is causing the crash? If it's on for >30 minutes it could be many other things that cause a crash in OBS. In particular if other plugins are involved
100% the plugin.
Streamed for a short period and the entire OBS would crash and freeze. Forced closed OBS and restarted stream. This kept happening over and over when eventually I give up so I disabled the filter and I streamed solid for 6 hours without an issue so it's most certainly the plugin so is there anyway to fix this?

I have a RTX 3060, I'm using W11, I used the ZIP download and placed it in my OBS-Studio in program files.

Last edited:

royshilkrot

100% the plugin.
Streamed for a short period and the entire OBS would crash and freeze. Forced closed OBS and restarted stream. This kept happening over and over when eventually I give up so I disabled the filter and I streamed solid for 6 hours without an issue so it's most certainly the plugin so is there anyway to fix this?

I have a RTX 3060, I'm using W11, I used the ZIP download and placed it in my OBS-Studio in program files.
Are you using the DirectML acceleration? If you're also gaming or maybe using the GPU for the stream like for compression then there might be interference. Please try the CPU option and see if that's more stable. The GPU (DirectML) is the default so you'll have to change it.

Tolska

Are you using the DirectML acceleration? If you're also gaming or maybe using the GPU for the stream like for compression then there might be interference. Please try the CPU option and see if that's more stable. The GPU (DirectML) is the default so you'll have to change it.
I'm using DirectML yes, I will try it again today and see if that makes a difference.

Tolska

Just been on stream for 1 hour and it's done it again. OBS crashes completely and I was using CPU not GPU. I've had to disable the plugin once again.

royshilkrot

royshilkrot updated Background Removal / Virtual Green-screen & Low-Light Enhance with a new update entry:

v1.1.12 - RMBG remove BG from ANY thing! Improvements and bugfixes

• New! RMBG model from Bria.AI https://huggingface.co/briaai/RMBG-1.4 - remove background from any object! (not just human)
  • We got rid of the annoying "update available" message in favor of a more discreet message on the plugin settings.
  • Better handling of local file paths on Windows
Check out all of the changes: https://github.com/occ-ai/obs-backgroundremoval/releases

Support our work https://github.com/sponsors/royshil...

Read the rest of this update entry...

BrockSamson

Hey bud, appreciate you and your plugin! I found a bug not sure if already reported but I also found a work-around as well.
A lot of people experiencing OBS freezing on start up with the current OBS version and current backgroundremover version as well.
If you start OBS in safe mode, then toggle the eye for the background remover to off; restart OBS normally then (pay attention) click the toggle eye for the background remover ON AND OFF quickly. It will now be off, but when you toggle the eye a third time, it will work as intended. No crashes yet after doing so either.

Anyways... like to do my part for debug of free scripts I use so there yah go. One free problem, possible solution/starter, and some specs.

Win10, RX580 8GB XFX, Ryzen 7 5700X, 32GB DDR5 Ram, 2 SSD's with one for the operating system specifically. Oh and a 750W PSU, gold standard. Corsair.

Good luck bub, and thank you.

royshilkrot

Hey bud, appreciate you and your plugin! I found a bug not sure if already reported but I also found a work-around as well.
A lot of people experiencing OBS freezing on start up with the current OBS version and current backgroundremover version as well.
If you start OBS in safe mode, then toggle the eye for the background remover to off; restart OBS normally then (pay attention) click the toggle eye for the background remover ON AND OFF quickly. It will now be off, but when you toggle the eye a third time, it will work as intended. No crashes yet after doing so either.

Anyways... like to do my part for debug of free scripts I use so there yah go. One free problem, possible solution/starter, and some specs.

Win10, RX580 8GB XFX, Ryzen 7 5700X, 32GB DDR5 Ram, 2 SSD's with one for the operating system specifically. Oh and a 750W PSU, gold standard. Corsair.

Good luck bub, and thank you.
Thanks for testing and finding a solution, it sounds like a settings storage problem. I will try to replicate the problem and figure it out
i've been having also a lot of problems with the latest OBS ver, freezing, crashing, not starting at all..