Automate 24/7 Stream for a scheduled Playlist

Hi Bill,
I am a technician for O'Maine Studios in Portland, Maine. We are a video production facility in the process of starting a streaming service called StreamState (URL: streamstate.tv), which consists of an automated playout channel and a pay per view library, both containing programming featuring aspects of our state - tourism, food, live events, locally produced productions, etc.

What brought me to this forum topic (CASTTOR) was our search for a playout solution that can handle live webcam RTMP feeds - scenic vistas from around the state, which is one of the unique attributes of our channel.

We started with trying out some of the expensive playout options, none of which seemed to handle a sequence of looping live webcam inputs without shortly crashing. The clear winner for pulling this off turned out to be OBS, using the sequencer in Advanced Scene Switcher. It will run 12 consecutive inputs (and hopefully more) in a loop for well over 24 hours (with dissolves!) without crashing. But OBS is a switcher, not an easy to program playout solution. So I ended up on this OBS forum thread, reading with great interest your development of CASTTOR.

I really like how CASTTOR can handle blocks of prerecorded clips and programs, which can easily be moved to different time slots - a rmajor time saver it seems. This could also be great if it can handle a sequence of live webcams as well. I'm hoping that since our live webcam sequences work so well in OBS, they would carry this capability over to CASTTOR.

It was fun to see that you have a beta tester for Saco Valley. I worked at Maine Video Systems (for 40 years - now closed), and they were one of our customers.

A few weeks ago we produced a live event described in this article:
https://www.penbaypilot.com/article...-movies-tv-live-video-everything-maine/254843

Since this event was at a remote area without internet, we used a StarLink antenna, which worked great, getting our signal to our CDN. We had viewers from as far away as Oregon and Hawaii.

We are interested in the free trial, and becoming a beta tester and user.

My contact info:
Eric Jurgenson
O'Maine Studios
https://https://streamstate.tv
ericj@gwi.net
(207) 232-8043
 
Hi Bill,
I am a technician for O'Maine Studios in Portland, Maine. We are a video production facility in the process of starting a streaming service called StreamState (URL: streamstate.tv), which consists of an automated playout channel and a pay per view library, both containing programming featuring aspects of our state - tourism, food, live events, locally produced productions, etc.

What brought me to this forum topic (CASTTOR) was our search for a playout solution that can handle live webcam RTMP feeds - scenic vistas from around the state, which is one of the unique attributes of our channel.

We started with trying out some of the expensive playout options, none of which seemed to handle a sequence of looping live webcam inputs without shortly crashing. The clear winner for pulling this off turned out to be OBS, using the sequencer in Advanced Scene Switcher. It will run 12 consecutive inputs (and hopefully more) in a loop for well over 24 hours (with dissolves!) without crashing. But OBS is a switcher, not an easy to program playout solution. So I ended up on this OBS forum thread, reading with great interest your development of CASTTOR.

I really like how CASTTOR can handle blocks of prerecorded clips and programs, which can easily be moved to different time slots - a rmajor time saver it seems. This could also be great if it can handle a sequence of live webcams as well. I'm hoping that since our live webcam sequences work so well in OBS, they would carry this capability over to CASTTOR.

It was fun to see that you have a beta tester for Saco Valley. I worked at Maine Video Systems (for 40 years - now closed), and they were one of our customers.

A few weeks ago we produced a live event described in this article:
https://www.penbaypilot.com/article...-movies-tv-live-video-everything-maine/254843

Since this event was at a remote area without internet, we used a StarLink antenna, which worked great, getting our signal to our CDN. We had viewers from as far away as Oregon and Hawaii.

We are interested in the free trial, and becoming a beta tester and user.

My contact info:
Eric Jurgenson
O'Maine Studios
https://https://streamstate.tv
ericj@gwi.net
(207) 232-8043
If you get a 408 call, it's me and not a spam risk.
 
Hi Bill,
I am a technician for O'Maine Studios in Portland, Maine. We are a video production facility in the process of starting a streaming service called StreamState (URL: streamstate.tv), which consists of an automated playout channel and a pay per view library, both containing programming featuring aspects of our state - tourism, food, live events, locally produced productions, etc.

What brought me to this forum topic (CASTTOR) was our search for a playout solution that can handle live webcam RTMP feeds - scenic vistas from around the state, which is one of the unique attributes of our channel.

We started with trying out some of the expensive playout options, none of which seemed to handle a sequence of looping live webcam inputs without shortly crashing. The clear winner for pulling this off turned out to be OBS, using the sequencer in Advanced Scene Switcher. It will run 12 consecutive inputs (and hopefully more) in a loop for well over 24 hours (with dissolves!) without crashing. But OBS is a switcher, not an easy to program playout solution. So I ended up on this OBS forum thread, reading with great interest your development of CASTTOR.

I really like how CASTTOR can handle blocks of prerecorded clips and programs, which can easily be moved to different time slots - a rmajor time saver it seems. This could also be great if it can handle a sequence of live webcams as well. I'm hoping that since our live webcam sequences work so well in OBS, they would carry this capability over to CASTTOR.

It was fun to see that you have a beta tester for Saco Valley. I worked at Maine Video Systems (for 40 years - now closed), and they were one of our customers.

A few weeks ago we produced a live event described in this article:
https://www.penbaypilot.com/article...-movies-tv-live-video-everything-maine/254843

Since this event was at a remote area without internet, we used a StarLink antenna, which worked great, getting our signal to our CDN. We had viewers from as far away as Oregon and Hawaii.

We are interested in the free trial, and becoming a beta tester and user.

My contact info:
Eric Jurgenson
O'Maine Studios
https://https://streamstate.tv
ericj@gwi.net
(207) 232-8043
Hi Eric

Here is a link to the schedule in 15 minutes.
 
Hi Bill,
I am a technician for O'Maine Studios in Portland, Maine. We are a video production facility in the process of starting a streaming service called StreamState (URL: streamstate.tv), which consists of an automated playout channel and a pay per view library, both containing programming featuring aspects of our state - tourism, food, live events, locally produced productions, etc.

What brought me to this forum topic (CASTTOR) was our search for a playout solution that can handle live webcam RTMP feeds - scenic vistas from around the state, which is one of the unique attributes of our channel.

We started with trying out some of the expensive playout options, none of which seemed to handle a sequence of looping live webcam inputs without shortly crashing. The clear winner for pulling this off turned out to be OBS, using the sequencer in Advanced Scene Switcher. It will run 12 consecutive inputs (and hopefully more) in a loop for well over 24 hours (with dissolves!) without crashing. But OBS is a switcher, not an easy to program playout solution. So I ended up on this OBS forum thread, reading with great interest your development of CASTTOR.

I really like how CASTTOR can handle blocks of prerecorded clips and programs, which can easily be moved to different time slots - a rmajor time saver it seems. This could also be great if it can handle a sequence of live webcams as well. I'm hoping that since our live webcam sequences work so well in OBS, they would carry this capability over to CASTTOR.

It was fun to see that you have a beta tester for Saco Valley. I worked at Maine Video Systems (for 40 years - now closed), and they were one of our customers.

A few weeks ago we produced a live event described in this article:
https://www.penbaypilot.com/article...-movies-tv-live-video-everything-maine/254843

Since this event was at a remote area without internet, we used a StarLink antenna, which worked great, getting our signal to our CDN. We had viewers from as far away as Oregon and Hawaii.

We are interested in the free trial, and becoming a beta tester and user.

My contact info:
Eric Jurgenson
O'Maine Studios
https://https://streamstate.tv
ericj@gwi.net
(207) 232-8043
Here is a demo of a a web cam quickly programed by casttoe. Uses iptv channels to simulate web cams. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVAZIWxzrRc
 
Hi everyone, it's been a while, but have been very busy. I started a new thread called "flirting with owncast and self hosting? One of my goals with casttor AI (yes changed the name to make it different from other casttors), is to develop a IPTV solution.
Now this does not mean you need my software, this works with any obs setup. But basically this means you stream locally to the owncast server and it takes care of incoming external on the internet requests. You do need a domain name or use your own website domain name plus. Sort of like https://mystream.myweb_site.com. I use a raspberry pi (5) 8g ram,128g diskdrive. My test rig is streaming 3 channels at 6mB/s. This is powerful.

Here is a snapshot of my computer running 3 separate streams.
 

Attachments

  • 3 station onwcas smallt.jpg
    3 station onwcas smallt.jpg
    906.6 KB · Views: 220
Hello,
I have created an automation scheduler 24/7 Playout tool for OBS and I think it has lot of possibilities. I am the only developer of this tool. I am looking for someone Who wants to test the program because It is in beta stage. I need also some feedback. If someone is interested, please contact me. I will reward with the program for a large period of time. Thank you.
 
Hello,
I have created an automation scheduler 24/7 Playout tool for OBS and I think it has lot of possibilities. I am the only developer of this tool. I am looking for someone Who wants to test the program because It is in beta stage. I need also some feedback. If someone is interested, please contact me. I will reward with the program for a large period of time. Thank you.
Hi. Thanks for your effort. If you have read this thread, you would see that I also have worked on something similar. How about sharing some screen shots with us all.
 
Bonjour, je développe un plugin simple en .LUA qui permet d'enchaîner automatiquement les scènes et les jingles en définissant un squelette par nom et par tranche horaire.
Actuellement il est en test sur une version qui gère les scènes et les jingles avec une programmation tv musicale de style : CLIPFR, JINGLE , , CLIPROCK, CLIPDANCE, JINGLES...
Cette première version fonctionne 24/7 et est complètement autonome.
Elle permet de créer des playlists automatique par tranche horaire et par jour de la semaine.
J'ai pas mal travailler sur des automates Radio dans ma vie, j'essaie de retranscrire les fonctions de base d'un automate radio pour une web TV mais avec une interface très simple et sur OBS.
Actuellement, je planche sur les Forces Clocks pour les top horaire et pub....A suivre donc
Belle année à tous !
 
Bonjour, je développe un plugin simple en .LUA qui permet d'enchaîner automatiquement les scènes et les jingles en définissant un squelette par nom et par tranche horaire.
Actuellement il est en test sur une version qui gère les scènes et les jingles avec une programmation tv musicale de style : CLIPFR, JINGLE , , CLIPROCK, CLIPDANCE, JINGLES...
Cette première version fonctionne 24/7 et est complètement autonome.
Elle permet de créer des playlists automatique par tranche horaire et par jour de la semaine.
J'ai pas mal travailler sur des automates Radio dans ma vie, j'essaie de retranscrire les fonctions de base d'un automate radio pour une web TV mais avec une interface très simple et sur OBS.
Actuellement, je planche sur les Forces Clocks pour les top horaire et pub....A suivre donc
Belle année à tous !
Welcome to the merry band of people/developers interested in 24/7. When you say webtv, i take it you mean IPTV? Up above, Cesar M is another active member of the club. Could you give some examples/screenshots, youtube links etc for you app. . I know myself that I'm interested in any new approach to linear tv, specially using OBS.
 
Bienvenue dans la communauté des passionnés de télévision en continu (24h/24 et 7j/7). Quand vous parlez de webtv, je suppose que vous faites référence à l'IPTV ? Cesar M., mentionné plus haut, est un autre membre actif du groupe. Pourriez-vous partager des exemples, des captures d'écran, des liens YouTube, etc., concernant votre application ? Je suis moi-même intéressé par toute nouvelle approche de la télévision linéaire, notamment avec OBS.
Bonjour,
Je lance des tests sur Twitch (powerradiotv) et sur kick (POWERTV) avec une chaîne musicale.
Actuellement la version 1.0 de mon plugin intègre les fonctions suivantes :
Gestion des scènes via VLC source automatique 24/7 par tranche horaire et jour de la semaine via une programmation par simple copieur-coller éditable dans un txt, force clock= Top horaires et pubs.
J'ai également ajouté un module de titrage dynamique pour l'affichage automatique des titres en début et fin de clip (Tuna récupérer le nom du titre dans un txt)
Et un module de vérification de la programmation pour éviter les erreurs.
L'avantage, c'est un plugin *lua très simple à utiliser et à ajouter dans Obs pour un usage grand public. Je continue mes phases de test car il y a encore quelques beug à corriger.
Bonne journée
 
Back
Top