Audio/Video Delay

jakecallahn22

Looking for help or suggestions with my streaming setup. I stream with a PTZ optic camera and use OBS as my streaming software. In OBS I have an audio delay setup for the audio and video to match. However I run into the issue when I try to play a video (not coming through the PTZ optic camera) where the audio then is not sync. I'm looking for anyway to simplify these delays. Can I setup something on my stream deck? Like one button adds a delay another removes it? Can I add a delay to my display capture source? any help and or suggestions you can give will provide great help!

konsolenritter

Where exactly you've set the audio delay?

Within the audio mixer there should appear at least two different audio sources: The one used along with the PTZ camera (your delay compensation should be bound to this audio track), and another one for your playback (mp4?) video source. On the latter you shouldn't have a delay set for.

Describe your issue with used audio devices and playback sources, and send a log of your streaming session:

HarryMason10

Hi have a problem with my OBS when i start streaming my pc game its fine then the stream lags or is completely frozen at cutscenes it was fine before i launched the update not sure what the problem is now. It has sound alerts enabled and a dead nightbot my bitrate is set to 1516kps audio bitrate 160 not sure how to fix everything. Log report listed here https://obsproject.com/logs/5dtDaQeCGxSPhbdR.

jakecallahn22

Hi have a problem with my OBS when i start streaming my pc game its fine then the stream lags or is completely frozen at cutscenes it was fine before i launched the update not sure what the problem is now. It has sound alerts enabled and a dead nightbot my bitrate is set to 1516kps audio bitrate 160 not sure how to fix everything. Log report listed here https://obsproject.com/logs/5dtDaQeCGxSPhbdR.
So this is a streaming setup at my church. All the audio (mics in church) is run through our big soundboard. That soundboard then pushes audio out to the speakers in the building. The soundboard is connected to our streaming pc via a focusrite scarlett solo. Which then shows up in m yOBS audio mixer as my Mic/Aux source. We are using a PTZ optic camera. The camera has a delay in it. So I had to go into OBS and the advanced audio properties for the Mic/Aux source, and I set a 1250 ms sync delay there. With that delay set the audio and camera match perfectly. Without that delay the camera is behind the audio and you can tell when watching. However when I go to play a video on the stream like one from YouTube I need to remove that delay. Or else then the audio will be behind the video on my stream. So when I have a YouTube video to play I have to remove that sync offset before the video starts and add it back after the video. So im asking if there is a way that I can use my stream deck to remove that delay and the re add it with the press of a button. Or if there is another way to add delays in OBS.

konsolenritter

when I go to play a video on the stream like one from YouTube I need to remove that delay. Or else then the audio will be behind the video on my stream.

Hi back. This is exactly the part i don't understand. You have the delay defined at the scarletts channelstrip in obs. When playing a stream (a video source in same or another scene?) that video should have its own channelstrip in the obs-mixer?!?

And you quoted a post from Harry that doesn't fit to your issue, isn't it?
And we still need an obs-log from you that consists your actual situation while streaming (or recording, it's the same issue i guess).