Audio Status Monitor

Audio Status Monitor 0.7

ItsLeinad

Hey there,

first of all: nice tool and idea and thaks for the script.
im actually at the same problem that there is no Object listetd in "Colour Source".
I noticed that when i change the OBS baselanguage (what is normal German on my side) to English, the script works fine (as @JK14 said earlier too).
When i set the Language back to German the Problem is still there. So the Problem is still present.
I checked some things with your code and found two points where i can change values and your script works finde also in German.
First is on line 812 and second on line 1072 where i changed the Second parameter to the german translation of "Color Source" what is "Farbquelle" what make the Script working also for an OBS setup with an baselanguage set to German.
So i changed that for my use but maybe you can efford some solution out of this information.

Thanks again for your work

GrumpyDog

Hey there,

first of all: nice tool and idea and thaks for the script.
im actually at the same problem that there is no Object listetd in "Colour Source".
I noticed that when i change the OBS baselanguage (what is normal German on my side) to English, the script works fine (as @JK14 said earlier too).
When i set the Language back to German the Problem is still there. So the Problem is still present.
I checked some things with your code and found two points where i can change values and your script works finde also in German.
First is on line 812 and second on line 1072 where i changed the Second parameter to the german translation of "Color Source" what is "Farbquelle" what make the Script working also for an OBS setup with an baselanguage set to German.
So i changed that for my use but maybe you can efford some solution out of this information.

Thanks again for your work

Hopefully this resolved this issue

ItsLeinad

Hey @JEJ

thanks for your quick reply. I checked your new version (0.7) and i can confirm that the problem is actually fixed on my side for baselanguage english or german.

Thanks again for your work and your quick fix.

SBrainerd

Hi @JEJ
Installed this plugin in portable OBS 27.2.4 to monitor Mic/Aux global audio. (I prefer checking new stuff in a portable version before installing in the "production" version used by me and others to live-stream.) There were no issues on installation. Created and put the new Monitor dock above the Mixer dock and it responded as designed to muting and unmuting Mic/Aux. On exit, however, OBS crashed. Upon restarting OBS, the Monitor dock and everything was as configured but the dock would not respond to muting/unmuting until the script was disabled and re-enabled in the script description.

Log and crash files are attached.

I appreciate you looking at this issue. This will help me with other users who miss when audio is muted.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Crash 2022-08-18 18-53-37.txt
    73.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 2022-08-18 18-53-08.txt
    16.9 KB · Views: 14

GrumpyDog

Hi @JEJ
Installed this plugin in portable OBS 27.2.4 to monitor Mic/Aux global audio. (I prefer checking new stuff in a portable version before installing in the "production" version used by me and others to live-stream.) There were no issues on installation. Created and put the new Monitor dock above the Mixer dock and it responded as designed to muting and unmuting Mic/Aux. On exit, however, OBS crashed. Upon restarting OBS, the Monitor dock and everything was as configured but the dock would not respond to muting/unmuting until the script was disabled and re-enabled in the script description.

Log and crash files are attached.

I appreciate you looking at this issue. This will help me with other users who miss when audio is muted.
Thanks!

Thank you for your feedback.

While using OBS in PORTABLE mode:
  1. I tested with efforts to reproduce your results and found that the crash does not occur.
  2. Upon Restarting OBS the Callback Event Connection fails, thus reproducing your result, but no crashing of OBS.
When Using this in OBS in Production Mode, the Script Performs as expected. So I would say that the script does work as intended.

When I reviewed your Crash report, it would appear that the crash happened within the Text library. I am happy to investigate further if anyone else is able to reproduce the crash.

attaboyBrad

In case anybody else wants to use this on MacOS to monitor an audio input, they can replace all instances in the script of "wasapi" with "coreaudio". They'll also need to replace "text_gdiplus_v2" with "text_ft2_source_v2" so that the Text Source properly surfaces FreeType2 Text Sources (the only ones available as of OBS 28.1.2).

Those two substitutions will get it working for Audio Input Capture sources on MacOS Ventura.

Probably a handful of other substitutions would adapt the script for MacOS entirely, but that's enough for my purposes.