Audio out of sync at random

tl13

I've recently begun having issues I never had before with audio going way out of sync, up to almost a full second. This seems to occur at random, because I have tried applying an offset to correct it, but what usually ends up happening is a future instance of OBS then has out-of-sync audio because I have manually configured an offset. Some sessions have out of sync audio and others do not. I'd like to address the root cause of the sync troubles so that this isn't a problem in the future--I have had many recordings ruined by this, and each recording isn't truly replaceable. Tail chasing with offsets is just going to result in more future recordings being bust.

Here is a current session log I captured when the event occurred. I'm unsure what all else is needed, but any input regarding this matter is greatly appreciated.

Some cursory troubleshooting indicated that restarting both OBS and the software in question resolved the problem. Restarting just OBS did not fix it. But this workaround does not address the fact that I will not know when it is out of sync in the future until I've already recorded something.

Last edited: