Question / Help Audio desync after switching scenes

Damon_Vi

been streaming for about a year now, and i go between two different setups depending on the day of the week.

my "mobile setup" consists of my laptop, and a "stream slave" pc, which is just an ITX pc, using an Avermedia capture card in the PCI slot.

essentially, how my setup works is as image shows.

my gaming device is my laptop, my streaming device is the PC. i use the HDMI out ports on my laptop to duplicate my screen (3 ways), capture the video on my Avermedia card, and use "Video capture device" in obs as my source from that HDMI input.

my audio is taken through the 3.5mm jack output on my laptop. i've used both the "line in/mic" on the motherboard i/o, as well as the dedicated audio line-in on the capture card.

----> the issue i've come across, as of lately, is that after switching scenes a few times, the audio becomes out of sync, and is delayed about 0.25 to 0.5 seconds after the video, so all of my actions on stream are seen, and then later heard after a short delay.

the "Fix" i've been able to do, without restarting the stream, is by going in to the windows sound options, selecting the "line-in" driver i'm using to capture my laptop audio, and disable/re-enabling it, and suddenly it's fixed. this happens with both the mobo i/o mic in, as well as the PCIe line in, and my fix works with both as well.

so while, yes, i can temporarily fix it when it occurs, i would rather a more permanent, non-tedious solution.

all of my drivers are up to date, obs is up to date, i just cant seem to troubleshoot the issue, if it's not some inherent OBS issue that's so case specific, it hasnt been found and patched out. if anyone has solutions, please feel free to shoot them at me, i'll try anything!

Attachments

• setup.png
    setup.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 54

VoltageControl

I've also experienced this on mac osx and a buddy of mine was having the same problem on osx.

The frustrating thing is that the offset seems to fluctuate, for instance, I've go into a video editor and nudged the audio to get it in sync and then it's out of sync in another spot.

Restarting OBS is the only thing I've found to fix it on mac. I'll let my budget know about the driver fix. Where exactly are you enabling/disabling? Is this is a control panel on windows?

I would really love a solution for this, because otherwise, I'm having to bypass OBS audio, which means I can't use the audio mixer or the offset settings in OBS.

Damon_Vi

i go directly in to the windows sound control panel. disable and re-enable the specific input, then after about 1-2 seconds, the audio is back in sync, but slowly falls out of sync, like you said. its an odd gradual desync, the longer it goes unchecked, the further out of sync the audio becomes

DrInterpreter

I had this on a recording recently. The sync was fine on my first scene but completely off after switching. Any ideas?

I am running Windows 10 with 16GB of RAM and an 11th Gen i7, running Intel IRIS Xe graphics.