Audio Crackle Randomly

massivesponge

Multiple times (usually 2 or 3) during a 5 hour stream one source of my split audio will start crackling for ~30 seconds and then return to normal, I use Application Audio Capture to split my game, discord and microphone audio into different tracks (as well as music only on stream but not on vod). I have already set my Sample Rate in Control Panel > Sound to 48kHz and in OBS Audio > General as well. The source that breaks is either discord or sea of thieves (game). I am unsure of a way to replicate the bug as it happens intermittently throughout a stream. Any help/ideas would be appreciated!

here is an example of it happening https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2029124739?t=03h39m21s

Danica

Helpppp this is happening for me. I have all the new windows updates and still happening with just music

Suslik V

@Danica the link posted above clearly says that the issue (potentially!) will be fixed in "Windows 11 24H2". You can write to Microsoft yourself and ask for the fix (if it is available for your hardware).

Unfortunately, the easiest and most robust solution here - is to avoid usage of the Application Audio Capture (Beta) and any program/plugin that uses similar technologies to separate sounds on Windows platform.

sandrix

@Danica the link posted above clearly says that the issue (potentially!) will be fixed in "Windows 11 24H2". You can write to Microsoft yourself and ask for the fix (if it is available for your hardware).

Unfortunately, the easiest and most robust solution here - is to avoid usage of the Application Audio Capture (Beta) and any program/plugin that uses similar technologies to separate sounds on Windows platform.
There is some information for Win10 owners? I asked a question on github, but my comment was simply deleted). This means I have to upgrade to Win11 to get the fix...that's crazy.
1711715136928.png

Several of my clients previously reported this problem to me and I managed to provoke it myself. I desperately need this fix to turn off music for donations on YouTube when multi-streaming.

Last edited:

Lawrence_SoCal

There is some information for Win10 owners? I asked a question on github, but my comment was simply deleted). This means I have to upgrade to Win11 to get the fix...that's crazy.
Agreed, it would be really nice if Microsoft fixed this for Win10... but I would NOT hold my breath