ASIO Driver Support

Paul G

The patch did not work for me. Windoz 10/64 error - "The app did not install correctly - try compatibility mode" - did that - no luck......??

MikeFloutier

I just tried downloading the ASIO plugin from GitHub and although it installed "uninstall" files to the "OBS-studio" folder, it did not seem to download the file that the "patcher" software is looking for in that location

pkv

Developer
I just tried downloading the ASIO plugin from GitHub and although it installed "uninstall" files to the "OBS-studio" folder, it did not seem to download the file that the "patcher" software is looking for in that location

post an issue on github with log and detailed setup.
It's unclear to me what's your issue.

germanocarella

Hi,
I'm a blind developer and use obs studio with wscreen reader.
I installed obs-asio correctly and it works.
I can select asio in put device and redirect output for monitoring it.
Unfortunately there is a lot latency, probably cause output is redirected to wasapi system instead of asio.
I'm attempting to compile obs-asio with bassasio library, but, I'm not shure this resolve my problem.

I'm using focusrite scarlet 2i2 and edirol ua-101.
Building obs-asio with bassasio is a lot complicated, I must install qt, cmake-gui that is not accessible for blind persons, so, if it's doesn't resolve, I don't build obs-asio for myself.
Germano

davidmcmusic

Helloooo. Thanks for the video. It did work but the sound cracks many times while playing. My buffer size is 64 in order to play well. Do you know why it could be that crack sound that sometimes comes??

Thank you again

eri

Good news! Version 3.0 of the plugin was uploaded 10 days ago!
I'm using it with a mic plugged into my Apogee Symphony Desktop and it's working very well so far after following the directions. Pretty simple install.
download link: asio plugin v3.0.0

I also tried the ASIO Link Pro with the patcher also but it was only able to patch the 32bit version??
In general, the ASIO Link Pro interface seems very complicated to use so if anyone has advice or a guide, it'd be appreciated! I am not sure how to run signals from my interface to OBS, or other Assio DAWs to OBS.

For running Ableton into OBS I am going to use Reaper's Restream VST plugin by following the directions from the aforementioned video.

After making all of these changes, I did encounter random muting of output. And I found it was linked to the ASIO Link Pro Driver-- it shows up as ASIOVAD Pro Driver as an output/input device in Windows (probably whenever the Link Pro is opened?) so I changed my Windows Input/Output settings back to my Apogee interface.

Hope this is helpful.

Dennis Marston

I just installed a Behringer UMC202hd, along with it's driver and the ASIO obs plugin. Presto !
Both input channels on UMC202 setup nicely as separate Audio Devices. Haven't fully run it thru it's paces, but so far kudus to the developers. Nice job !!

I also tried the ASIO Link Pro install and when I selected the Pro device in OBS, got a total crash. Any restart yielded an immediate crash. Had to manually edit the scenes file in appdata to undo the damage.

thedigschicago

Hi I am very new to all of this, I have completed the steps stated in this thread but have come across another issue.
i have downloaded the bassasio.dill to my program files folder. successfully downloaded v3 of the asio plug in. "ASIO Input" is now visible in my OBS sources and my interface (Tascam 4x4) is visible as US-HR Series ASIO. BUTT! "Device" text is red and although I can see the US-HR Series ASIO in the drop down option for input, it does not allow me to select it. Any ideas on why?? How to fix this? Like I said I am a baby at this, so maybe Im missing something simple! Thanks!!

Attachments

• error for asio plug in.PNG
    error for asio plug in.PNG
    10.3 KB · Views: 137
  • us hr error.PNG
    us hr error.PNG
    775.3 KB · Views: 138

pkv

Developer
@thedigschicago make sure no other app is using your asio device with asio drivers ; asio is exclusive ...
Second thing, it might be that the plugin needs to be updated to support new obs. I haven't checked tbh.

Elliryc

Hello,
I am also very new to all of this, including this forum ;-), but I think I am experiencing the same kind of difficulties as others in this thread.
I have a Zoom H6. I have installed the multitrack driver from Zoom and everything seems OK in Adobe Audition. I can access stereo and mono tracks (see second picture below). However, neither mono nor stereo tracks seems to be avalaible to OBS (see first picture below).
  • I have installed the ASIO plugin v3. ZOOM H and F series Multi ASIO is available in Device but no tracks are available in OBS Channel.
  • To my knowledge, no other application is using Zoom H6. If I close OBS and open Adobe Audition, Audition is able to access all mono and stereo tracks.
  • Log file attached.
Any idea ? Thanks in advance !

OBS - H6 - Multitrack ASIO - No track.png

Adobe Audition - H6 - Multitrack ASIO.png

Attachments

• 2021-02-01 18-31-43.txt
    43.1 KB · Views: 54

maidstein

I have the same hardware (Zoom H6) and nearly the same configuration.

Unbenannt.PNG

As you can see it works! But it doesn't if you already use the H6 in any other application. But you say you don't do that. I guess the reason for your problem is in your installation of the ASIO driver plugin. Maybe it's not complete. Did you manually install the bassasio.dll as described here?

Elliryc

Thanks to your reply, it became obvious it should be working with the Zoom H6 ! I just needed to figure out why it doesn't for me...

Yes, at first I did the installation by executing obs-asio-installer_3.0.0.exe. I got no error, at least that I could be aware of. I also dowloaded BASSASIO, unziped it, got a bassasio14 folder in which I found an x64 subfolder containing bassasio.dll. I copied the bassasio.dll to the C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit folder. And here I am.

After your message, I uninstalled the plugin and deleted the bassasio.dll and started again the installation process without any success. Then, I remembered Paul G saying he succeded in installing the patch from within the correct folder. So I decided to copy the obs-asio installer to the C:\Program Files\obs-studio\ folder and I executed it from there. I then copied the bassasio.dll to the right folder... and it worked !

What does it change to execute the installer from within obs-studio folder ? I don't know (maybe someone here has a clue) but it seems it did the trick.

Thanks again for your help.

maidstein

Thanks to your reply, it became obvious it should be working with the Zoom H6 ! I just needed to figure out why it doesn't for me...

Yes, at first I did the installation by executing obs-asio-installer_3.0.0.exe. I got no error, at least that I could be aware of. I also dowloaded BASSASIO, unziped it, got a bassasio14 folder in which I found an x64 subfolder containing bassasio.dll. I copied the bassasio.dll to the C:\Program Files\obs-studio\obs-plugins\64bit folder. And here I am.

After your message, I uninstalled the plugin and deleted the bassasio.dll and started again the installation process without any success. Then, I remembered Paul G saying he succeded in installing the patch from within the correct folder. So I decided to copy the obs-asio installer to the C:\Program Files\obs-studio\ folder and I executed it from there. I then copied the bassasio.dll to the right folder... and it worked !

What does it change to execute the installer from within obs-studio folder ? I don't know (maybe someone here has a clue) but it seems it did the trick.

Thanks again for your help.
Nice that you found out! The first time around, I had the same issues with the plugin's installation location. It is precisely these details that you keep forgetting.

The reason why I looked in this thread is because I have drop-outs in the AISO connection with the Zoom H6. No matter how high I set the sampling rate, no matter which ASIO plug-in (2.0.3 or 3.0.0 with bassasio.dll) I use, I always get these random and ugly drop-outs to hear. I was already able to find out that it must have something to do with the CPU load, because only when I run many processes at the same time do I get the drop-outs. Even changing the process priority for OBS in Windows task manager from normal to real time does not change this problem. When I change the process priority, there are suddenly a lot of drop-outs. After 1 to 2 seconds they will decrease again, but they never go away.

Does anyone have any idea where to start to get rid of the drop-outs?

EFCA

I just installed a Behringer UMC202hd, along with it's driver and the ASIO obs plugin. Presto !
Both input channels on UMC202 setup nicely as separate Audio Devices. Haven't fully run it thru its paces, but so far kudos to the developers. Nice job !!
Hi Dennis. Thanks for your post.
I also have the UMC202HD and got everything correctly and nicely installed but I don't see the purpose*.

After setting everything up, my OBS shows only one Stereo Track (with Inputs 1 and 2 in the L and R channels). I need OBS to show two separate mono tracks so I can control and record them separately.
How does your setup show in OBS?
Am I missing something?
Thanks
Miguel

00 OBS - ASIO Input Properties 01.jpg
01 OBS - Main Screen 01.jpg

*btw: You can separate the stereo channels into two independent mono tracks in OBS WITHOUT using the ASIO plugin. You only need the Behringer driver and fiddling with the Advanced Audio Properties as shown below.

OBS - Advanced Audio Properties v01.jpg

I'm guessing this plugin is really needed for Audio Interfaces with more than 2 inputs.

Last edited:

Polyh3dron

My issue with this plugin is that I cannot set any ASIO outputs, only inputs. This severely limits ASIO functionality when working with an ASIO device like Dante Virtual Soundcard for instance. I'm able to set a 5.1 surround input, which is great, but then when I want to turn around and monitor in 5.1 by setting an output, I can't do it.

Polyh3dron

Basically, I can't see any way to do a proper dual PC 5.1 or 7.1 surround streaming setup that doesn't involve OBS having a native ASIO driver that allows us to set ASIO outputs. There is no way to set up a 5.1 audio input source with a WDM device.