ASIO Driver Support

NordicNugz

Can we please get an ASIO compatibility update or plugin for OBS?

ASIO is basically the industry standard driver setting for DAW programs, (Digital Audio Workstation) and is currently not supported by OBS.

The only option to get OBS to pick up your DAW output is to add another program to route your DAW output through, and that adds a LOT of latency if you're looking to record music while your streaming.

Thanks for your time!
-NordicNugz

NordicNugz

Thanks for this!

but the ReadMe for how to install this is WAY complicated and confusing. Is there a simple way to do this?

n3v3rm1nd

Installed the plugin with the exe, added the source "ASIO input", selected what device i wanted in Asio4all, checked which channels(thats the nice thing about asio you can just route channels to where you want) and my mic go picked up. Done! ;D

gurubuzz

Installed the plugin with the exe, added the source "ASIO input", selected what device i wanted in Asio4all, checked which channels(thats the nice thing about asio you can just route channels to where you want) and my mic go picked up. Done! ;D
Could you post or pm a link to the .exe ?

kris0725pl

i found beter way! Asio Link Pro :) Working with 0s latency. Sound great...if you have sample...relply :)

Asio plugin for OBS is not perfectly. Not route audio from Standalone Vst application but from Hardware. This is totally difference for guitarist player :) If i add on filter vst plugin...i have delay....~10ms or higher.

NordicNugz

i found beter way! Asio Link Pro :) Working with 0s latency. Sound great...if you have sample...relply :)

Asio plugin for OBS is not perfectly. Not route audio from Standalone Vst application but from Hardware. This is totally difference for guitarist player :) If i add on filter vst plugin...i have delay....~10ms or higher.

ASIO Link Pro isn't readily available. Supposedly, it's in some sort of legal licensing limbo. I've been looking for a version of it for some time now. If you can tell me where to get a copy, i'd be very appreciative! It's really the only program that would work.

ToxMox

I actually use ASIO Link Pro with the OBS ASIO plugin and it works great. Takes out the extra latency added by outputting to the ASIO LInk WDM devices and can pipe the audio directly into OBS basically.

melatonein

ASIO Link Pro isn't readily available. Supposedly, it's in some sort of legal licensing limbo. I've been looking for a version of it for some time now. If you can tell me where to get a copy, i'd be very appreciative! It's really the only program that would work.

The GitHub link is the best we can do at the moment. OBS is licensed under the GPL 2.0 and ASIO is a proprietary protocol owned by Steinberg. GPL products often have trouble with licensing existing protocols as all the code of a GPL product must be freely available. The Steinberg's ASIO licensing does not allow the source code to be redistributed therefore GPL 2.0 products are not compatible with ASIO.

pkv

Developer
well, as the developer with Andersama of the asio plugin, i can say we're well aware of the licensing issues; the plugin we distribute is fully compatible with GPL v2; the portaudio library it uses is not compiled with steinberg sdk but with a sdk we wrote (in the model of vst 2 open source headers used in audacity and obs)

pkv

Developer
So I followed all these instructions and still no audio!!!
I'm using a Focusrite Scarlette Solo
Don't hijack threads. Create your own. If you want to be helped, upload logs and explain the issues. Also explain what you want to do (ex capture mike) ... Post also crash logs if there's a crash

shadow_FIX

hi there, i just wanted to express my thanks. it actually took quite a bit of searching to even come up with the part where OBS doesn't support ASIO natively. this plugin literally saved me. thank you!

Reactions: pkv

Ronald Cz

GitHub link does not recognize Focusrite Scarlett18i20 outputs. I can get each input and bring in a microphone but I can not find the 18i20 outputs.

Phil7789

The ASIO plugin from Github states that only Inputs can be captured and Outputs cannot be captured in general, so in your case everything is working as expected from the plugin.

But they also wrote down a possible workaround using Reaper: https://github.com/Andersama/obs-asio/wiki/Capturing-mixes
Maybe this can help you. I'll have the same problem when I swap my equipment and don't like it either. Another attempt would be VoiceMeeter, I found some YouTube Video somewhere (ASIO goes to VoiceMeeter and VoiceMeeter to OBS)

Ronald Cz

"The ASIO plugin from Github states that only Inputs can be captured " True but I am still hearing a delay with the Github and it's the drivers from Focusrite they agreed it was.

"Outputs cannot be captured in general, " Yes the new drivers from Focusrite do show outputs but still working with support, will update this post.

jimtran93

It looks like you can now get ASIO Link Pro for "free". From what I've read, the nephew of the developer of the original software said that he might be able to compile a version without the activation check, but someone else decided to make a patcher for it instead. Despite articles saying that the patcher has been blessed/approved by the nephew, I have not seen written proof of this, which keeps the legality of this in limbo still.

Link to the story and the download page:

I did a TotalVirus scan on both the download for the ASIO Link Pro installer, and the patcher, and it came back 100% clean.